1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 08:281 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Seems like there is always a lot of strife here.
    KellyJay, this is a religious debate forum full of strongly held opposing opinion. It is, because of this dynamic, without doubt and by a intellectual mile, the best forum here at RHP.

Your inability to engage with certain posters here is a testament to your own childish stubbornness, not as you seem to think, a Christians way of dealing with "fools" and "mockers".

The premise of this thread and its mealy-mouthed OP by you, has to be one of the best examples of pious, pouting religious hubris wrapped up as Biblical scripture I think I've ever seen in my time here.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 11:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    KellyJay, this is a religious debate forum full of strongly held opposing opinion. It is, because of this dynamic, without doubt and by a intellectual mile, the best forum here at RHP.

Your inability to engage with certain posters here is a testament to your own childish stubbornness, not as you seem to think, a Christians way of dealing with "fools" ...[text shortened]... outing religious hubris wrapped up as Biblical scripture I think I've ever seen in my time here.
    I think once a year for the last few years KJ starts threads like these.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 22:16
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think once a year for the last few years KJ starts threads like these.
    With the way the question was framed, do you think I was accusing anyone of anything
    other than asking if the threads they were in were strife filled?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 22:261 edit
    With the way the question was framed, do you think I was accusing anyone of anything
    other than asking if the threads they were in were strife filled?
    Nope no accusations.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 23:42
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Nope no accusations.
    Thanks, when I wrote it none were in mind either.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 02:18
    With the way the question was framed, do you think I was accusing anyone of anything other than asking if the threads they were in were strife filled?
    So who do you think are the "fools" and "mockers" (who should be driven out from here) that you were alluding to in your OP?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 03:05
    Seems like there is always a lot of strife here.
    You have not engaged me in any discussion at all on this forum since the day I opposed your stance ~ which was that parents should have the right to let their children die (for want of the necessary and available medical treatment) for their own religious reasons, and that the state should not intervene ~ by arguing (as I did) that society has the right (and duty) to protect children from the actions of such adults.

You haven't spoken to me at all, not even once, since that discussion - even though, shortly before that particular difference of opinion which prompted your silence, you remarked that I had always been firm but respectful in my discussions with you ~ and we had had many long robust discussions up to that point in which I had never mocked or insulted you, and never acted the fool or claimed that you were acting the fool.

What can we discern about your notion of "strife" - and how to handle it - from your own behaviour in this case?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 03:27
    Are you prepared to provide and example of some posts or even some posters whose pride you think generates strife and who should be driven out of here?
    Not my job mang
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 04:06
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Not my job mang
    Isn't poisoning the well merely a job half done? 😛
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 05:15
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Not my job mang
    This is cowardly behaviour from you and KellyJay.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 05:17
    Thanks, when I wrote it none were in mind either.
    What was in your mind then?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 09:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have not engaged me in any discussion at all on this forum since the day I opposed your stance ~ which was that parents should have the right to let their children die (for want of the necessary and available medical treatment) for their own religious reasons, and that the state should not intervene ~ by arguing (as I did) that society has the right (and dut ...[text shortened]... ern about your notion of "strife" - and how to handle it - from your own behaviour in this case?
    I think this incident you are refering to was the same time that KellyJay stopped engaging (started ignoring) me also. I just find it childishly rude and quite unchristian-like.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 10:351 edit
    I think this incident you are refering to was the same time that KellyJay stopped engaging (started ignoring) me also. I just find it childishly rude and quite unchristian-like.
    Is it possible that one day you may be able to view the world through something other than a purely moral lens?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 10:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Is it possible that one day you may be able to view the world through something other than a purely moral lens?
    Isn't seeing things through a "moral lens" something every person ought to aspire to?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 11:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    What lens would advise using?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree