Strife

Strife

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
Well if you and KellyJay are not seeking the compare how much "strife" different posters are causing in this forum, what is this thread about and who are (and aren't) the "fools" and "mockers" that the Bible - according to what KellyJay quoted - says must be "driven out"?
Ask kelley, that is not what I am talking about.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
Did you think it was appropriate for one Christian to aim James 4:4 at another Christian in the midst of a bit of harmless chatter on the General Forum?
I don't know about this, have to look it up.

F

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by checkbaiter
God now sees me as righteous (I have the righteousness of God Himself). I am sanctified (set apart), I am justified (just as if I never sinned), redeemed (bought back), and I have the Ministry of Reconciliation (to help people come to the Lord).

Do you believe all these attributes that you assign to yourself disappear if you sin or if you do no good works?

F

Moves
02 Apr 16

So you are actually making no comparison between posters here, is that right?

F

Moves
02 Apr 16

I don't know about this, have to look it up.
josephw (Christian) cited James 4:4 and aimed it at divegeester (Christian) for teasing Grampy Bobby (Christian) about his copy infamous pasting habit in some chit chat with wolfgang59 (non-Christian) on the General Forum. josephw claimed the chit chat was an "occasion of a so-called Christian joining forces with other non-believing individuals in maligning, insulting and viciously attacking a Christian brother". You can see the exchanges here Thread 167360 pages 13-15. You believe quoting scripture is never wrong in my mind as long as the context is right, yes? I am not asking you to compare josephw to divegeester, but was citing James 4:4 appropriate in that context?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
[b]God now sees me as righteous (I have the righteousness of God Himself). I am sanctified (set apart), I am justified (just as if I never sinned), redeemed (bought back), and I have the Ministry of Reconciliation (to help people come to the Lord).

Do you believe all these attributes that you assign to yourself disappear if you sin or if you do no good works?[/b]
It's a gotcha ya question. To walk in what God has freely given me as a Christian and then willingly sin, is to spit in his face and enslave myself back in the old rut of carnality.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 16

It's a gotcha ya question. To walk in what God has freely given me as a Christian and then willingly sin, is to spit in his face and enslave myself back in the old rut of carnality.
Well I can't comment on this, I'm not going to get in the middle of what was intended. But it did not seem to be done lovingly. I did not read the whole exchange, so I could be wrong.
Anyway, I'm ready to watch the NCAA. Will check back tomorrow....

F

Moves
03 Apr 16

I'm merely asking you to explain the extraordinary claims you are making about reality as it pertains to you. I don't see that as a gotcha thing at all, especially on a discussion and debate forum. So if you sin and/or do no good works then it means you "spit in [God's] face" and your salvation is lost, yes?

F

Moves
03 Apr 16

Well I can't comment on this, I'm not going to get in the middle of what was intended. But it did not seem to be done lovingly. I did not read the whole exchange, so I could be wrong.
You didn't "read the whole exchange"? Blimey. wolfgang59 said something (6 words), divegeester said something (11 words), and jospehw cited James 4:4 in a 7 word post. Which part of the whole exchange were you unable to read?

What was not done lovingly? Making the suggestion that a certain Christian is an "enemy of God" for a harmless bit of chatter or making the suggestion that a certain Christian copy pastes platitudes too often?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Apr 16

Am I correcting you? No. I am simply pointing out bible truth to everyone and anyone.
The word of God is for instruction, reproof and correction.
I find your frilly (and as I see it) cowardly evasiveness difficult to process to be honest.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Apr 16

Okay, I see, yes you are right. Satan quoted scripture when he tempted Jesus. But he took it out of context.
No he didn't. Substantiate that claim if you can.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Apr 16

It was earlier, now you are just trying to distance yourself from it. As is KellyJay actually, bit using a different tact.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Apr 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
Yes, I cannot put myself above another I must forgive as I'm forgiven. I am a sinner no
different than the next guy, Jesus died for us both He is my righteousness not my works.
So if I'm fulfilling my flesh walking carnally I am more than able to do those things which
we see anyone doing carnally; however, following God's lead by walking in the Spirit th ...[text shortened]... her posts after I responded to one of them, I think we
agree on this. At least I hope we do. 🙂
If you "must forgive as you are forgiven", then why do you continue to ignore FMF, twhitehead and myself? Do your words here actually mean anything?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Apr 16

Many Christians see themselves as sinners. Or at least forgiven sinners.
The group I am involved with go further than that. God now sees me as righteous (I have the righteousness of God Himself).
I am sanctified(set apart), I am justified(just as if I never sinned), redeemed(bought back), and I have the Ministry of Reconciliation (to help people come t ...[text shortened]... be more than Conquerors, we need to see ourselves as to what we were made into in Christ Jesus.
My sins are forgiven by God due to Jesus Christ, so in that I agree I do have the
righteousness of God. That is due to God, not something I can take credit for my
own righteousness even those things I count as good in myself I lay them all down
for Jesus' instead. The good and the bad I give to Him to be redeemed by Him is
the great gift of God.

We are more than conquerors in Christ, He has begun a great work in us, and praise
God He is able to complete it.

F

Moves
03 Apr 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
My sins are forgiven by God due to Jesus Christ, so in that I agree I do have the
righteousness of God. That is due to God, not something I can take credit for my
own righteousness even those things I count as good in myself I lay them all down
for Jesus' instead. The good and the bad I give to Him to be redeemed by Him is
the great gift of God.

We a ...[text shortened]... onquerors in Christ, He has begun a great work in us, and praise
God He is able to complete it.
Do you also believe God now sees you as righteous and that you have the righteousness of God Himself, and that you are sanctified and justified as if you had never sinned?