Strife

Strife

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Comparing ourselves among ourselves is not wise, compare yourself to Jesus.
How do you yourself compare to Jesus?

Moves
02 Apr 16

Well, if you are a Christian, you are more than a friend...you are a brother.
Quoting scripture is never wrong in my mind.
So you are quoting these scriptures at me, correcting me personally on a public Internet forum?

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
Well the thing is I agree in part Jesus is the standard not ourselves, that said we cannot
lay the blame on Atheist since they are no different than us in makeup. The Spirit of God
in us is the difference as we walk with God there will be a difference in our actions, but
if we are in the flesh we have all the same short falls as anyone else. Since that i ...[text shortened]... attempting to make ourselves look good by making others
look bad, we all look bad in the flesh.
All this rhetoric and yet you ignore several people here because you don't like them because you don't like being challenged. Worthless words.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
How do you yourself compare to Jesus?
My point. We fall short anyway.

F

Moves
02 Apr 16

Quoting scripture is never wrong in my mind.
Are you sure? Any Christian can quote any scripture for any reason at any other Christian and it is "never wrong"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Apr 16

Well the thing is I agree in part Jesus is the standard not ourselves, that said we cannot
lay the blame on Atheist since they are no different than us in makeup. The Spirit of God
in us is the difference as we walk with God there will be a difference in our actions, but
if we are in the flesh we have all the same short falls as anyone else. Since that i ...[text shortened]... attempting to make ourselves look good by making others
look bad, we all look bad in the flesh.
I'm not sure I understand your point here.
To be in the flesh= carnal.
We are to walk in the spirit.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by divegeester
So you are quoting these scriptures at me, correcting me personally on a public Internet forum?
Am I correcting you? No. I am simply pointing out bible truth to everyone and anyone.
The word of God is for instruction, reproof and correction.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
Are you sure? Any Christian can quote any scripture for any reason at any other Christian and it is "never wrong"?
Have an example?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
Okay, I see, yes you are right. Satan quoted scripture when he tempted Jesus. But he took it out of context.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Apr 16

I'm not sure I understand your point here.
To be in the flesh= carnal.
We are to walk in the spirit.
Yes, I cannot put myself above another I must forgive as I'm forgiven. I am a sinner no
different than the next guy, Jesus died for us both He is my righteousness not my works.
So if I'm fulfilling my flesh walking carnally I am more than able to do those things which
we see anyone doing carnally; however, following God's lead by walking in the Spirit that
will not be the case. I read your other posts after I responded to one of them, I think we
agree on this. At least I hope we do. 🙂

F

Moves
02 Apr 16

My point. We fall short anyway.
Why are you seeking to compare fellow posters at all?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
Why are you seeking to compare fellow posters at all?
Am I?

F

Moves
02 Apr 16

Okay, I see, yes you are right. Satan quoted scripture when he tempted Jesus. But he took it out of context.
Did you think it was appropriate for one Christian to aim James 4:4 at another Christian in the midst of a bit of harmless chatter on the General Forum?

F

Moves
02 Apr 16

Am I?
Well if you and KellyJay are not seeking the compare how much "strife" different posters are causing in this forum, what is this thread about and who are (and aren't) the "fools" and "mockers" that the Bible - according to what KellyJay quoted - says must be "driven out"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Apr 16

Yes, I cannot put myself above another I must forgive as I'm forgiven. I am a sinner no
different than the next guy, Jesus died for us both He is my righteousness not my works.
So if I'm fulfilling my flesh walking carnally I am more than able to do those things which
we see anyone doing carnally; however, following God's lead by walking in the Spirit th ...[text shortened]... her posts after I responded to one of them, I think we
agree on this. At least I hope we do. 🙂
Many Christians see themselves as sinners. Or at least forgiven sinners.
The group I am involved with go further than that. God now sees me as righteous (I have the righteousness of God Himself).
I am sanctified(set apart), I am justified(just as if I never sinned), redeemed(bought back), and I have the Ministry of Reconciliation (to help people come to the Lord).
Sometimes I say I am as righteous as God and it sends chills up my spine, as if it was blasphemy.
But Christians need to get over this and see themselves as God sees them. What I am stating is all in Romans.
In order to be more than Conquerors, we need to see ourselves as to what we were made into in Christ Jesus.