Strife

Strife

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Well I can't comment on this, I'm not going to get in the middle of what was intended. But it did not seem to be done lovingly. I did not read the whole exchange, so I could be wrong.
Anyway, I'm ready to watch the NCAA. Will check back tomorrow....
Do you think using Biblical scripture to call me an "enemy of God" on a public Internet forum because I made a comment about someone copy/pasting so much, was done lovingly?

Do you think KellyJay using Biblical scripture, in a sideways jab to call the people here he disapproves of, "fools" and "mockers" was done lovingly?

Do you think following that up with another sideways jab accusing those people he called fools and mockers, of having pride cause their behaviour, was you being loving?

Or do you think that those reading yours, KellyJay's and Josephw's posts, will probably see you as being cowardly, snide and inappropriately using Biblical scripture to score cheap points on the Internet.

What do you think?

F

Moves
03 Apr 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Do you think KellyJay using Biblical scripture, in a sideways jab to call the people here he disapproves of, "fools" and "mockers" was done lovingly?
The Bible verse KellyJay quoted urged him to drive the "fools" and "mockers" off the forum, didn't it? When's that bit going to start, I wonder.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
I'm merely asking you to explain the extraordinary claims you are making about reality as it pertains to you. I don't see that as a gotcha thing at all, especially on a discussion and debate forum. So if you sin and/or do no good works then it means you "spit in [God's] face" and your salvation is lost, yes?
What you think is extraordinary is not. The spiritual is more reality than the physical.
If you understood spiritual matters, you would understand that to walk by the spirit is obedience to God. If I were to sin, it would not be willingly, but ignorance, etc. And either way, I think you already know my stance on losing salvation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 16

I find your frilly (and as I see it) cowardly evasiveness difficult to process to be honest.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 16

No he didn't. Substantiate that claim if you can.
I'm not going to study the bible for you, do it yourself. Read Matt 4:4 and the corresponding verses from the old testament. I think Psalm 91:11-12 are a couple...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Apr 16
1 edit

I'm not going to study the bible for you, do it yourself. Read Matt 4:4 and the corresponding verses from the old testament. I think Psalm 91:11-12 are a couple...
I'm not talking about him (satan) quoting scripture, everyone knows this. I'm talking about your claim that he took that scripture out of context.

Furthermore, don't you think that KellyJay is taking scripture out of context in his OP? Do you think those scriptures are meant to be about debate, argument even bickering of the Internet?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 16

Do you think using Biblical scripture to call me an "enemy of God" on a public Internet forum because I made a comment about someone copy/pasting so much, was done lovingly?

Do you think following th ...[text shortened]... opriately using Biblical scripture to score cheap points on the Internet.

What do you think?
Probably not

I don't know because I don't know what was in his mind unless he further explains.

Do you think following that up with another sideways jab accusing those people he called fools and mockers, of having pride cause their behaviour, was you being loving?
I wasn't "sideways jabbing" and I didn't call anyone anything.
Or do you think that those reading yours, KellyJay's and Josephw's posts, will probably see you as being cowardly, snide and inappropriately using Biblical scripture to score cheap points on the Internet
Now I think you have some kind of complex by what you write. You are easily offended, you hold a grudge that seems to keep replaying in your mind. You need to chill. You say you have nothing against Kelley nor myself but what you write is cold, sarcastic, and constantly defensive. Are you perfect? Are you ever wrong? Where is the love?
Where is the kindness?

Here is my take after reading through all of this.... You do seem to side with the Atheist's most of the time, it's obvious to anyone reading these different threads for some time now. I think that is what Joseph meant about you having strange bedfellows. You are constantly criticizing Christians.
Why is it I don't see the unbelievers questioning your Christianity?
It will be interesting to see how you respond to this. I am just being honest and calling the cards like I see them.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Apr 16
2 edits

[b]Do you think using Biblical scripture to call me an "enemy of God" on a public Internet forum because I made a comment about someone copy/pasting so much, was done lovingly?
Probably not

...[text shortened]... ng to see how you respond to this. I am just being honest and calling the cards like I see them.[/b]
"Probably not" how can you tell?

You claim you "don't know what was on his (KellyJay's) mind, and yet you saw fit to follow up with "it's because of pride". Again, interesting how you can make that perception without knowing what was on his mind. But you can tell what was in Josephw's mind sufficiently to say he was "probably not" acting lovingly? Interesting.

"I didn't call anyone anything"
Yes you did, you said that the people causing strife who KellyJay called "mockers" and "fools" and should be "driven out" we're prideful. Now you are adding dishonesty to your cowardly snide behaviour.

I don't have a complex; I just don't like being jabbed at by pious self-righteous so-called/alleged Christians who lack the courage to say it to me directly; and I'm not going to sit still and allow you KellyJay and Josephw to do it. I've already asked you and KellyJay once to come out say unequivocally if your and his comments are, or are not, about me, and you have refused to do so. If you both say they are absolutely not including me (with others) whatsoever, then I will publically and sincerely retract my comments and publically and sincerely apologise to you both. Both mind you, both of you.

I have some of my most heated arguments here with atheists, not Christians. twhitehead is an obvious example. I challenge dasa almost every day. I see that none of you professed Christians stand up to him, none of you. Grampy Bobby thinks dasa is "insightful". What a joke!

I challenge religionists here about their beliefs and attitudes and I get challenged back. I am not here to judge whether or not someone is or isn't a Christian. I don't know you from Adam, you say you are a Christian, so what, does that mean I'm not permitted to challenge you as I am doing in this thread?

Standing together on the soft ground of dodgy doctrine, error, poor behaviour etc just be used we are allegedly "Christians" is one of the feableist partisan notions out there. We should contend for the truth not gang together like a bunch of girls in the schools playground.

And don't you talk to me about love, and kindness mister - YOU are the one flinging insults about pride and siding with KellyJay calling people fools and mockers. Wrapping it up in a load of scripture and rhetoric about sins and forgiveness doesn't change what it is, it is just an attempt by KellyJay to back-peddle out of the mire he's got himself into.

F

Moves
03 Apr 16
1 edit

You do seem to side with the Atheist's most of the time, it's obvious to anyone reading these different threads for some time now. I think that is what Joseph meant about you having strange bedfellows. You are constantly criticizing Christians.
Why is it I don't see the unbelievers questioning your Christianity?
"Side with" atheists in what way? divegeester believes in Jesus, he believes in the Christian version of God; atheists don't believe in God at all; atheists certainly don't believe any of the things that Christians claim about Jesus' divinity and the his significance. Which atheistic ideas do you see divegeester 'siding with'? Which Christian ideas do you see divegeester's non-Christian fellow posters 'siding with'?

You seem to be suggesting that - on a debate and discussion forum where there are clearly substantial differences in doctrine and attitude - that having the Christian label in common should somehow inhibit or suppress candid exchanges and the expression of differences of opinion between Christians.

F

Moves
03 Apr 16

You say you have nothing against Kelley nor myself but what you write is cold, sarcastic, and constantly defensive. Are you perfect? Are you ever wrong? Where is the love? Where is the kindness?
What do you think of what KellyJay says to divegeester? Where is the love? Where is the kindness?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 16

"Probably not" how can you tell?

You claim you "don't know what was on his (KellyJay's) mind, and yet you saw fit to follow up with "it's because of pride". Again, interesting how you can make that perception without knowing what was on his mind. But you can tell what was in Josephw's mind sufficiently to say he was "probably not" acting lovingly? Int ...[text shortened]... t it is, it is just an attempt by KellyJay to back-peddle out of the mire he's got himself into.
You claim you "don't know what was on his (KellyJay's) mind, and yet you saw fit to follow up with "it's because of pride"

I said this because Pride is the root of all contention

.KellyJay called "mockers" and "fools" and should be "driven out" we're prideful. Now you are adding dishonesty to your cowardly snide behaviour.
Did I say this? I think not.

I don't have a complex; I just don't like being jabbed at by pious self-righteous so-called/alleged Christians who lack the courage to say it to me directly; and I'm not going to sit still and allow you KellyJay and Josephw to do it.

okay

I've already asked you and KellyJay once to come out say unequivocally if your and his comments are, or are not, about me, and you have refused to do so.

All I can say is "if the shoe fits...
It was meant for many on this forum, not you only. Kelley can answer for himself, it's his OP.

I have some of my most heated arguments here with atheists, not Christians. twhitehead is an obvious example. I challenge dasa almost every day. I see that none of you professed Christians stand up to him, none of you. Grampy Bobby thinks dasa is "insightful". What a joke!
Noted. I don't read every one of yours, or for that matter, anyone's posts. So, I hope you saw I used the word "seems" a couple of times, because I cannot read minds.
What I said is strictly from what I read. I cannot read thoughts, nor do I know what is in the heart of the people who post.

I challenge religionists here about their beliefs and attitudes and I get challenged back. I am not here to judge whether or not someone is or isn't a Christian. I don't know you from Adam, you say you are a Christian, so what, does that mean I'm not permitted to challenge you as I am doing in this thread?

Same here. Of course you can challenge me. But you seem bent on making this a personal matter. You and FM have insisted on me choosing, picking a side, agree or disagree, which I would prefer to remain neutral.
Standing together on the soft ground of dodgy doctrine, error, poor behaviour etc just be used we are allegedly "Christians" is one of the feableist partisan notions out there. We should contend for the truth not gang together like a bunch of girls in the schools playground.

agreed

And don't you talk to me about love, and kindness mister - YOU are the one flinging insults about pride and siding with KellyJay calling people fools and mockers. Wrapping it up in a load of scripture and rhetoric about sins and forgiveness doesn't change what it is, it is just an attempt by KellyJay to back-peddle out of the mire he's got himself into.

I am flinging nothing except scripture to make sense of the discussion here. I side with Jesus. I do not consider scripture rhetoric. I try my best to obey and use scripture as my guide. If this offends you, I will stop.
I apologize if you felt offended, It was not the intent. As I stated, I am using scripture as my source for truth and every thing in all areas of my life, as best I can.

F

Moves
03 Apr 16

It was meant for many on this forum, not you only.
You adjudge that there may be "many" Christians on this forum who are - in accordance with the scripture quoted in the OP - "mockers" or perhaps "fools" who should be "driven out"?

F

Moves
03 Apr 16

I am flinging nothing except scripture to make sense of the discussion here. I side with Jesus.
Oh? And what's Jesus' take on the discussion here?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Apr 16

[b]You claim you "don't know what was on his (KellyJay's) mind, and yet you saw fit to follow up with "it's because of pride"

I said this because Pride is the root of all contention

.KellyJay called "mockers" and "fools" and should be "driven out" we're prideful. Now you are adding dishonesty to your cowardly snide behaviour.
Did I say ...[text shortened]... m using scripture as my source for truth and every thing in all areas of my life, as best I can.[/b]
I think you are dodging my question with this... "If the shoe fits..." You just can't say I wasn't one of the people you had in mind as its a lie before God and you can't say I was someone you had in mind because you will look like a liar.

Next time you want to say something to me, just say it to me, and don't go posing as a holier than thou Christian, throwing scripture at people and pretending that what you are saying is not about anyone in particular, it's objectionable.

No doubt KellyJay will also be along in while to tell us how how his OP was aimed at nobody in particular, especially those he is ignoring for causing him what he perceives as "strife".

If there is strife in this thread is was caused by KellyJay and yourself.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 16

I think you are dodging my question with this... "If the shoe fits..." You just can't say I wasn't one of the people you had in mind as its a lie before God and you can't say I was someone you had in mind because you will look like a liar.

Next time you want to say something to me, just say it to me, and don't go posing as a holier than thou Christia ...[text shortened]... eives as "strife".

If there is strife in this thread is was caused by KellyJay and yourself.
Didn't I already say it included you? But not only you? I'm not dodging anything.