1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 12:00
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Not only the pain, but He was about to become sin who knew no sin.
    Kelly
    Of course, but this is a more advanced concept, you and I might consider it basic but not all believe it.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 12:14
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Suzianne... Please understand this.

First. If everything you said was true, I WILL STILL NEVER WORSHIP YOUR GOD UNDER ANY
    CIRCUMSTANCES BECAUSE YOUR GOD IS EVIL.
    So your snide comments about me 'changing my mind' are a total and insulting waste of time.

Second. Telling me that I have something to 'make up' with god is insulting and irritating.
    ...[text shortened]... your mind.

If that's your goal then well done.

If it's not... Maybe a rethink is in order.
    Your ignorance is astounding.

That's not the worst of it.

You believe you're right.

Because of this, you've stated on many occasions that you have no respect for me and you do not care if I respect you at all. Furthermore, I have reached out to you, with respect, as a fellow human being on this planet, who only happens to believe something I do not. But that's not good enough for you. You have to act astonished that I would have respect for you and then claim that's ridiculous as you have no respect for me. You have shown that you do not give a whit for my feelings in the matter AT ALL.

It is YOU who have insulted ME first. And then claim no sorrow over it.

So, you WILL excuse me for treating your little outburst as yet another ignorant diatribe. I'm truly sorry it has to be this way. But you, in your undeserved free will, has deemed it so.

Good day.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 14:00
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Because of this, you've stated on many occasions that you have no respect for me and you do not care if I respect you at all. Furthermore, I have reached out to you, with respect, as a fellow human being on this planet, who only happens to believe something I do no ...[text shortened]... ry it has to be this way. But you, in your undeserved free will, has deemed it so.

Good day.
    No I have stated on many occasions that I have no respect for your beliefs.

I have also said and will say again that that is entirely not the same thing
    as not having any respect for you.

However I also realise that you cannot disentangle yourself from your beliefs
    which is why you see my lack of respect for your beliefs as a lack of respect for
    you which is why I don't expect you to respect me.

And no I will not excuse you anything.

And on this topic, I don't believe I am right, I Know I am right.

The problem is not my ignorance but yours.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 14:01
    Originally posted by Mammy Blue
    methinks doth explains too much... 😀
    Huh?
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 14:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Anger: there's an app for that.
    No, we haven't [and wont] got anywhere near anger.

This is mild irritation.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 14:04

Because of this, you've stated on many occasions that you have no respect for me and you do not care if I respect you at all. Furthermore, I have reached out to you, with respect, as a fellow human being on this planet, who only happens to believe something I do no ...[text shortened]... ry it has to be this way. But you, in your undeserved free will, has deemed it so.

Good day.
    I've been here off an on around 10 years, I have 8 on my ignore list where
    I don't respond to, or read any more. At some point in time I think we are
    better off walking away, and I'm not saying you should do that here!!!!!!!!!

It does take away a lot of grief. Remember this scripture.

Luke 10: 10 But if you go into a town, and the people don’t welcome you, then go into the streets and say, 11 ‘Even the dirt from your town that sticks to our feet we wipe off against you. But remember that the kingdom of God is near.’ 12 I tell you, on the Judgment Day it will be better for the people of Sodom than for the people of that town.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 14:08

Good day.
    Also, a point I was trying to get across that I have made several times to no effect...

Every time any of you Christians tell one of us non-Christians that we need to repent
    of our sins or some such or we will face judgement from your god for being bad then
    you are explicitly insulting us.

You are telling us that you believe us to be bad and defective and deserving of whatever
    ultimate punishment that your particular brand of Christianity dishes out.

And that we should beg forgiveness from your god.

I don't think you quite comprehend how epically insulting that is and you pretty much all do it
    day in and day out.

So, no, You very much insulted me/us first.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 14:15
    Also, a point I was trying to get across that I have made several times to no effect...

Every time any of you Christians tell one of us non-Christians that we need to repent
    of our sins or some such or we will face judgement from your god for being bad then

You are telling us that you believe us to be bad and ...[text shortened]... you pretty much all do it
    day in and day out.

If telling you the truth is insulting to you, then so be it.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 14:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If telling you the truth is insulting to you, then so be it.
    Ah, well therein lies the rub.

What you preach is not truth.

And you have no rational grounds for claiming that it is truth.

The fact is that what you are preaching is both demonstrably wrong and
    demonstrably immoral. A fact frequently pointed out here.

However while we know that it is untrue, it is nevertheless wearying to be
    constantly told that you are an evil sinner who deserves to die/suffer an eternity
    of torture/ect.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 14:495 edits

You are telling us that you believe us to be bad and ...[text shortened]... you pretty much all do it
    day in and day out.

There is no demand or command to "beg" forgiveness from God.
    This is your own hurt ego, macho self pride, reading your prejudice into the Bible.

God has never been interested in your groveling or begging or rolling over the floor crying for forgiveness.

God is interested in us believing . He sent Christ to die for our sins. And He commands us to believe.

It so happens that some of us, with realization of that great saving love, may believe and weep. But tears and begging are not the mandatory requirement of God.

YOU CAN BELIEVE and SIMPLY SAY "THANK YOU GOD ... for forgiveness in the salvation of Jesus Christ." DONE!

What passage in the Bible commands BEGGING ?
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 14:57
    Originally posted by sonship

There is no demand or command to "beg" forgiveness from God.
    This is your own hurt ego, macho self pride, reading your prejudice into the Bible.

God has never been interested in your groveling or begging or rolling over the floor crying for forgiveness.

God is interested in us [ ...[text shortened]... eness in the salvation of Jesus Christ." DONE!

What passage in the Bible commands BEGGING ?
    Sigh... I have heard/read plenty of people saying that we would need to/should
    beg god for forgiveness.

However there are many different versions of Christianity and views on the subject
    and I simply couldn't cover all of them.

Please read it as the general spirit of my words and not the specific details because
    none of you can agree on the specific details for me to be able to 'get it right' to all
    of your satisfaction.

And my ego has nothing to do with it. The problem is not the 'begging for forgiveness'.
    It's the suggestion that I/we need forgiveness in the first-place that is the problem.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 15:021 edit
    It is not our SORROW which saves us. It is Christ Who saves us.

It is not how many tears we have and how intensely we beg God for forgiveness. It is what Christ has finished as His work on Calvary.

The sinner's part is to believe. Begging and howling for forgiveness are not required for salvation. Believing into Jesus Christ is what God commands.

And it doesn't matter how you come to Jesus. What is important is that you come to Jesus. Your tears will add nothing. Your lack of tears will take nothing away. It is what Jesus is, what Jesus has done, what Jesus has accomplished, and what Jesus has attained.

IF you feel bad seeing that you really need to be forgiven, that is normal with some. But if you have no feeling but just believe that Jesus is the Son of God and Savior and you believe in Him and receive Him, you are saved because of what Jesus is and what Jesus did.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 15:042 edits
    Sigh... I have heard/read plenty of people saying that we would need to/should
    beg god for forgiveness.

However there are many different versions of Christianity and views on the subject
    and I simply couldn't cover all of them.

Please read it as the general spirit of my words and not the specific details because
    none of you can agree on the s ...[text shortened]... veness'.
    It's the suggestion that I/we need forgiveness in the first-place that is the problem.
    Please read it as the general spirit of my words and not the specific details because none of you can agree on the specific details for me to be able to 'get it right' to all of your satisfaction.

Admittedly, I did not read your whole post.

With some of you posters, I only browse down sometimes. And I think you do the same with me. You've read me. You know what to expect.

In the same way, I've heard you, I know pretty much what to expect.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 20:45
    Everyone sleeps, my friend.

And today I was racked by a massive headache which left me nauseous, so I went to bed early. I wonder if it had anything to do with having the exterminator over today.
    I just did my own extermination, and discovered the Bayer bug killer is a bit too nasty to use indoors. Lovely smell it left. Had to open windows and blow it out with fans so it was tolerable.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 22:47
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I just did my own extermination, and discovered the Bayer bug killer is a bit too nasty to use indoors. Lovely smell it left. Had to open windows and blow it out with fans so it was tolerable.
    Why do I get the feeling that these chemicals are probably completely
    banned everywhere outside the USA...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree