1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 02:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If telling you the truth is insulting to you, then so be it.
    Posts still get deleted. .......... 😞
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 07:41
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Also, a point I was trying to get across that I have made several times to no effect...

Every time any of you Christians tell one of us non-Christians that we need to repent
    of our sins or some such or we will face judgement from your god for being bad then
    you are explicitly insulting us.

You are telling us that you believe us to be bad and ...[text shortened]... you pretty much all do it
    day in and day out.

So, no, You very much insulted me/us first.
    That's the reason why I never will be a christian. Never. Ever.

Because christians are so not-welcoming. They really think that insults to seekers are the method of getting them inside the, their, church. No way.

Christians should think of their presence and their good-will. Well, they are not.

This goes for the crocodile christians, those with a big mouth but haveno ears. Then we have ordinary christians, loving, caring, going in Christs footsteps. But they are loyal to the crocodiles, agrees with them, protecting them. They are as guilty as those who actually has insults as a weapon against the seekers.

RJHinds are one of them showing clearly that the christian way is the bad way.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 08:29
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

Because christians are so not-welcoming. They really think that insults to seekers are the method of getting them inside the, their, church. No way.

Christians should think of their presence and their good-will. Well, they are not.

This goes for the crocodile christians, those with a ...[text shortened]... t the seekers.

crocodiles dont have ears😲
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 08:513 edits

That hasn't been my experience. The thousands of Christians I meet with in large and smaller gatherings receive one another as Jesus Christ received us.

This is what was instructed - "Therefore receive one another, as Christ also received you to the glory of God." (Rom. 15:7)

Tomorrow, I will gather with English speaking, Korean speaking, Chinese speaking, and Spanish speaking people whom Jesus has received. We receive one another though there are varied cultured differences between the ethnic groups.

There are also Africans and an Iranian couple among us.

And there may be unbelievers too who come spiritually hungry or curious to observe our meeting. We are overjoyed at seeking sinners who want to hear the Gospel. Each of us too was once a seeking person. So why should we not welcome other seekers to find the treasure we have found - Jesus Christ.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 09:532 edits

This goes for the crocodile christians, those with a ...[text shortened]... t the seekers.

I don't understand your reasoning here! Being a Christian is not like joining
    a club, it is about Jesus Christ. Christian by definition are saved sinners and
    as such you will see some strong in the faith walking it out, and others
    learning their way. Some are more mature Christians than others, some
    may claim the name but not care at all what it is really all about. It isn't the
    "Christian" that matters, it is Jesus Christ.
    Kelly
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 11:381 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Also, a point I was trying to get across that I have made several times to no effect...

Every time any of you Christians tell one of us non-Christians that we need to repent
    of our sins or some such or we will face judgement from your god for being bad then
    you are explicitly insulting us.

You are telling us that you believe us to be bad and ...[text shortened]... you pretty much all do it
    day in and day out.

So, no, You very much insulted me/us first.
    I have to mention that I dont think its insulting you. Its irrational yes to tell an atheist to repent for they do not have any concept of sin that applies to them, but its hardly insulting. Now if she had said you are 'ignorant', or 'a fool', or 'an atheist scum', then maybe you have a point. Oh wait a minute she did say you were ignorant, my apologises. Anyway, I dont think you really grasp the concept that such remarks are not a reflection of you, but of the person who issues the irrational statement.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 17:122 edits
    Suzi: "He had no idea that Jesus would be killed after he turned him over, he expected him to be questioned and released. Judas was used by Caiaphas. After he saw Jesus being led to Pilate and knowing he had been condemned, he finally had overwhelming remorse and hung himself, after returning the silver. (Matthew 27:3-5)"

It does not matter what Judas knew or thought he knew or intended to do when he betrayed Jesus. The point is that Jesus knew he would be executed and used Judas (in ignorance) to work his (or God's) will. If not Judas, then someone else would have gotten the part.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 17:211 edit
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Suzi: "He had no idea that Jesus would be killed after he turned him over, he expected him to be questioned and released. Judas was used by Caiaphas. After he saw Jesus being led to Pilate and knowing he had been condemned, he finally had overwhelming remorse and hung himself, after returning the silver. (Matthew 27:3-5)"

It does not matter what Judas kne ...[text shortened]... orance) to work his (or God's) will. If not Judas, then someone else would have gotten the part.
    I'm sorry, "Jesus blatantly used Judas..." are you serious? God gives us the
    ability to make choices, God uses those choices towards His end, correct.
    It is still our choices to make! Judas betrayed Jesus for money, that was
    what Judas did, the outcome of that betrayal he may not have seen coming,
    and if he had he may not have done it, well that I'm sure is true for a lot
    of people who cheat on their spouses, steal from people and so on. We do
    not always get to see the end, but we get to choose what we wish to do,
    or choose not to.
    Kelly
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 18:58
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    and if he had he may not have done it, well that I'm sur ...[text shortened]... ot always get to see the end, but we get to choose what we wish to do,
    or choose not to.
    Kelly
    Re-read my post on page 3: we're pursuing a hypothetical line of argument espoused by Borges in one of his short stories. I expressly stated that I didn't think any devout Christian would agree that line of argument.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Apr '14 21:33
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    and if he had he may not have done it, well that I'm sur ...[text shortened]... ot always get to see the end, but we get to choose what we wish to do,
    or choose not to.
    Kelly
    Who are you to judge Judas?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree