Suicide

Suicide

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
03 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by windmill
>In N.Z. I think we have problems with excess pride which in the past has failed to recognise many issues such as this.If you don't make the cut then good luck.Sure our pride may have caused us to deal with it....for sake of not wanting such bad stats....but it don't seem right to me.Bound to be many reasons.
>For the individual I guess a combination of ...[text shortened]... r own thoughts here.This is a serious topic so I'd prefer people with experience to discuss it.
Even trained professionals are not always able to help suicidal people. I don't think you should beat yourself up over it too much. God takes care of all of us one way or the other.

In America, we had a suicide hot line for a time. I'm not sure if we still have it. If somebody convinces you that they really are suicidal, especially if it is somebody you care about, I think it should be reported to somebody. Maybe the only mistake you made was trying to handle it yourself. Assuming of coarse that that is what you did.

I've never really been suicidal, but there were times when I felt pretty alone. America is structured in a way that people are rather disconnected from eachother. Even in large cities, it's very possible to feel alone.

I hope you come to peace with whatever you've had to go through.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
03 Oct 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Even trained professionals are not always able to help suicidal people. I don't think you should beat yourself up over it too much. God takes care of all of us one way or the other.

In America, we had a suicide hot line for a time. I'm not sure if we still have it. If somebody convinces you that they really are suicidal, especially if it is s ...[text shortened]... ry possible to feel alone.

I hope you come to peace with whatever you've had to go through.
>I have spent a large chunk of my life suicial.Not once did anyone even suggest I get help.Personally I have no problem with that.
>I don't want to come to peace with what I've been through.I want to understand it,know it and fight it.A good way seemed to be to listen to what others have been through with suicide.Why is that so difficult?
>It's seems funny how you talk about being lonely because I enjoy being alone as it is where I find peace.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
03 Oct 05

>I have spent a large chunk of my life suicial.Not once did anyone even suggest I get help.Personally I have no problem with that..
People often don't realise.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
03 Oct 05
1 edit

>I have spent a large chunk of my life suicial.Not once did anyone even suggest I get help.Personally I have no problem with that.
>I don't want to come to peace with what I've been through.I want to understand it,know it and fight it.A good way seemed to be to listen to what others have been through with suicide.Why is that so difficult?
>It's seems funny how you talk about being lonely because I enjoy being alone as it is where I find peace.
I suspect the professionals do much of what you described. Suicidal feelings are not normal. Sometimes they can be caused by chemical imbalances. If this is the case, simply talking about it probably won't help much.

Being alone is different from being lonely.

Peace.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
03 Oct 05

I suspect the professionals do much of what you described. Suicidal feelings are not normal. Sometimes they can be caused by chemical imbalances. If this is the case, simply talking about it probably won't help much.

Being alone is different from being lonely.

Peace.
>My point on being lonely is mabey some people in the big cities never find peace because of never feeling alone....where they would find peace.Mabey some look for peace.God bless.
>Suicidal feelings are not normal.I agree....it's emotional kaos.Dealing with it wrong can result in more kaos leaving the person in the trap for longer.Only a Kaos Agent wants that....so let's Get Smart.
>Anyone else want to hit the topic of what causes chemical imbalances.I became suicidal because of what happened in my life so I think it is a direct result of being unable to deal with it.If so then understanding how to deal with the problems should eliminate the imbalances.Is this right or wrong?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
03 Oct 05
1 edit

>My point on being lonely is mabey some people in the big cities never find peace because of never feeling alone....where they would find peace.Mabey some look for peace.God bless.
>Suicidal feelings are not normal.I agree....it's emotional kaos.Dealing with it wrong can result in more kaos leaving the person in the trap for longer.Only a Kaos Agent wants ...[text shortened]... erstanding how to deal with the problems should eliminate the imbalances.Is this right or wrong?
Events in life can be depressing sometimes, but that's not really what I was refering to. Not everybody is born with normal levels of Serotonin. For whatever reason, in a small percentage of people the Serotonin doesn't make it across the synaptic gap the way that it should. These people may live a privileged life without ever having to deal with tragedy, and yet they may still get to a point where they become suicidal. If this is the case, medication is the most common method of treatment. Of coarse this can only be determined by a doctor, and many people typically recover without meds.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Oct 05
1 edit

Do you go to Hell.
Yes...all that die go to hell(grave)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 05

Anyone who commits suicide is mentally incompetent on the subject of suicide (or rather incapable of performing rational thoughts pertaining to suicide). You may be able to attribute a reason to depression (which can result in suicide) however the pure act of suicide is unreasonable. When a person is contemplating suicide their brain is so over stimulated they cannot function properly in making the decision on whether to end their life (except when euthanasia is involved, where a cancer sufferer would prefer to die rather than experience further agony, especially where they’re going to die anyway, personally I don’t call this suicide). The Catholic church maintains that mentally ill people cannot be accountable for their decisions regarding suicide (though not endorsing it). However I believe that any suicide immediately indicates the existence of a mental illness (even if sporadic, spontaneous or lapsing). This applies to any case where death is not inevitable anyway. Otherwise, it isn’t in the interest of the person to kill themselves. People who want to kill themselves often want to be released from life because it has become unbearable. However this unbearableness is not [often] rational and is definitely treatable. Although (as in the case of my country) the onus is on the depressed person to seek treatment. That’s stupid.

I don’t believe a person who commits suicide will go to hell for it. But that doesn’t justify it. I too believe in the sanctity of life. I blame the person who didn’t help the suicidal person (assuming of course that they were negligent, otherwise they’re the ones that will go to hell).

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
05 Oct 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Yes...all that die go to hell(grave)
This statement is etymologically correct.

t

Moves
06 Oct 05

Originally posted by Halitose
I don't think I've given my stance on Capital Punishment here... That's an entirely different debate: What about self defence? What about the soldiers in Iraq?
What about those that have killed in the name of God? Did God endorse the crusades? Are those killed in holy war justified?

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
07 Oct 05

Originally posted by tommygear
What about those that have killed in the name of God? Did God endorse the crusades? Are those killed in holy war justified?
>I realised I said before that I didn't want to talk about the killing other people in this thread.Sorry about this but I'ld like to eat those words.Some of the replies on suicide have been very good and I know some of you have put a lot of thought and heart into what you have written.Thank you....I know from experience you have/will be helping some people.
>Personally I don't think that much of what I see in any religion.Too often it seems like a group of people teaching each other how to run around in circles,up a pretty mountain or into war.Jesus died for me...I get it but it is very hard at times to live it after spending a lot of my life with a death wish for Hell.
>Right or wrong what a lot of people do I really don't know.Something of interest to myself is how a suicide bomber is made.Anyone got some good thoughts here>

TCE

Colorado

Moves
07 Oct 05

>I realised I said before that I didn't want to talk about the killing other people in this thread.Sorry about this but I'ld like to eat those words.Some of the replies on suicide have been very good and I know some of you have put a lot of thought and heart into what you have written.Thank you....I know from experience you have/will be helping some peopl ...[text shortened]... ething of interest to myself is how a suicide bomber is made.Anyone got some good thoughts here>
It's basically a lot of brainwashing. Children are born into a society where there is enormous pressure to accept a certain type of extremist belief system. These people believe that wrong is right and that they'll be rewarded by God for it.

I don't believe that the majority of Muslims think like this as some do, but if a person is given half truths mixed with lies and interpreted scripture all their lives, it's not that difficult to see how it happens.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
07 Oct 05

It's basically a lot of brainwashing. Children are born into a society where there is enormous pressure to accept a certain type of extremist belief system. These people believe that wrong is right and that they'll be rewarded by God for it.

I don't believe that the majority of Muslims think like this as some do, but if a person is given hal ...[text shortened]... lies and interpreted scripture all their lives, it's not that difficult to see how it happens.
So then if children get brainwashed and spend their entire lives that way it is hard for me to say they are wrong.....but puppets on a string.It definitly isn't right...I do know that.Mabey the onus is on us in God's eyes to provide them with a way out without being blinded by the hatred it can bring.War has a place but at the same time surley love to these people also has a place.Without it we are wrong.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
07 Oct 05

So then if children get brainwashed and spend their entire lives that way it is hard for me to say they are wrong.....but puppets on a string.It definitly isn't right...I do know that.Mabey the onus is on us in God's eyes to provide them with a way out without being blinded by the hatred it can bring.War has a place but at the same time surley love to these people also has a place.Without it we are wrong.
What do you suggest? Missionaries would probably not be accepted, and children have nothing to do with politics.

I like your idea, I'm just not sure how it can be implemented.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
08 Oct 05

What do you suggest? Missionaries would probably not be accepted, and children have nothing to do with politics.

I like your idea, I'm just not sure how it can be implemented.
If we just show we love them....then it may filter through the grapevine.Other than that we could spike their drinking water with serotonin.