Moves
    29 Sep '05 06:16
    Do you go to Hell.
  2. Moving on...
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 06:35
    Originally posted by windmill
    Do you go to Hell.
    No...you become a member of the clan Disciples of Jesus that are into playing chess
  3. Not Kansas
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 06:45
    Originally posted by wucky3
    No...you become a member of the clan Disciples of Jesus that are into playing chess
    What happened to the running dog?
    Or was that wucky2?

In answer to the question, no you don't got to hell because hell doesn't exist.
    You do die if successful, so if you are thinking about it, think again.
  4. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 09:03
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    What happened to the running dog?
    Or was that wucky2?

In answer to the question, no you don't got to hell because hell doesn't exist.
    You do die if successful, so if you are thinking about it, think again.
    Oh hell I gone fishin in the toilet.Sorry about that....have a special day!!!
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 11:52
    Originally posted by windmill
    Do you go to Hell.
    My 2 cents is that if you are fully conscious of the fact that you are busy taking human life in defiance of God giving it (and no other extenuating circumstances), then yes.
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 11:56
    I'd like to know what the buddhist view on this is. I'm told Tibetan Buddhism states that suicide "is not a good idea" but I'd like to know more about the soul mechanics involved.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 12:12
    Originally posted by Halitose
    My 2 cents is that if you are fully conscious of the fact that you are busy taking human life in defiance of God giving it (and no other extenuating circumstances), then yes.
    What if god is the last thing on your mind?
  8. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 12:21
    Originally posted by Starrman
    What if god is the last thing on your mind?
    Other that a mentally insane person, I'm quite positive the thought of God does flash accross the mind of a person contemplating killing himself; be it only momentarily. Even if not; if it is a conscious decision to take life, which as a Christian I believe God is the only giver of, then yes, one would be answerable to God.
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 12:27
    Other that a mentally insane person, I'm quite positive the thought of God does flash accross the mind of a person contemplating killing himself; be it only momentarily. Even if not; if it is a conscious decision to take life, which as a Christian I believe God is the only giver of, then yes, one would be answerable to God.
    That seems somewhat speculative, I very much doubt that if someone is of a mental state where suicide is an option, that god is of any importance at all.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 12:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 14:01
    So who goes to hell for the execution of a prisoner? The Warden - The guy that injects the needle - The guys that strap the prisoner down?

Since execution is the deliberate and intentional taking of a human life, wouldn't that meet your criteria for being sent to hell?

Just asking...
  12. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 14:14
    I guess the people that do it figure that things couldn't get any worse
    or they wouldn't do it.
  13. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 14:53
    Originally posted by wib
    So who goes to hell for the execution of a prisoner? The Warden - The guy that injects the needle - The guys that strap the prisoner down?

Since execution is the deliberate and intentional taking of a human life, wouldn't that meet your criteria for being sent to hell?

Just asking...
    I don't think I've given my stance on Capital Punishment here... That's an entirely different debate: What about self defence? What about the soldiers in Iraq?
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 14:55
    Originally posted by Starrman
    That seems somewhat speculative, I very much doubt that if someone is of a mental state where suicide is an option, that god is of any importance at all.
    Fair enough
  15. Coachella Valley,CA
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 15:511 edit
    Funny thing is that many survivors of suicide attempts by jumping off tall structures realize half way down that all the problems that seemed so insurmountable were not so, and could be changed.

Not sure if this applies to people to O.D. or use guns/blades. I think people who cut themselves probably like it!

Jumpers have a good chance to think of what they have done, even if they do not live.

Not sure if they go to hell.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree