1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:081 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Try to address the actual content. I am not interested in anything other than trying to understand how you can listen to a sermon about Jesus Christ and then go out and invite all your family and friends to watch a man lynched and mutilated as if it was a Sunday school picnic.

Its clear to me that you will not hold your hand up and condemn those ...[text shortened]... hat Christianity as it is taught in the churches of Christendom is empty and devoid of anything.
    My post was entirely about the content you yourself provided. How dare you claim all Christians to be guilty EXCEPT your little cult of Christ-deniers. You add and subtract from the Word of God after creating your dogma out of thin air, and surprisingly, your corruption of the Word of God matches your man-made dogma. THIS is the major thorn in the side of Christianity about your religion. I don't know of ANY Christians in my church who would do such things in your post, even those whose faith I consider minimal.

And yet, you and your church, whose sins against God and man are legion, can stand on your little soapbox and decry what happened in a different age and call it OUR fault but not YOURS as well. Evil men exist in every religion. This does not mean the religion is false or even to blame. That you serve up your Christian brothers to the abuse of the atheists is reprehensible. Where is your love for your brother? Oh, yeah, it must be in the gutter, alongside your love for God.

This thread condemns YOU far more than it condemns your enemies. Enemies who are your Christian brothers. You mock God, and yet you sit there and smugly condemn your brothers for mocking God. There lies YOUR condemnation.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you ever consider, after behaving in the way you have on this thread for page after page, that then quoting scripture like this is rather tawdry?
    I am uninterested in your opinions to me they are ragged vestiges limply flying on a desolate wasteland of nothingness.

I have proffered a reason why I think that teaching in nominal christianity is so insipid and cannot effect the adherent in any meaningful way. If you have anything to say about that I may be interested but your opinions of posting scriptures appear to be petty and rather banal if I am honest.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:111 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    My post was entirely about the content you yourself provided. How dare you claim all Christians to be guilty EXCEPT your little cult of Christ-deniers. You add and subtract from the Word of God after creating your dogma out of thin air, and surprisingly, your corruption of the Word of God matches your man-made dogma. THIS is the major thorn in the side o ...[text shortened]... t you sit there and smugly condemn your brothers for mocking God. There lies YOUR condemnation.
    I am going to be honest, i stopped reading after the second line. Sorry there is only so much a man can take of your incessant whinging.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:12
    If you have anything to say about that I may be interested but your opinions of posting scriptures appear to be petty and rather banal if I am honest.
    What supposedly "Christian" justification did the lynch mobs have for doing what they did?

I'd say 'none', wouldn't you?

Do you think the people who carried out the lynchings were Christians?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:16
    Don't help him out, Ron, and don't mistake his motivations. He is painting you and ALL other Christians who understand that the JWs are a cult with the same brush. Trying to turn it around to make all OTHER Christians the bad guys. He's a kid throwing a tantrum. You don't HAVE to try to reason with him.

He's trying to make a case for his church stand ...[text shortened]... etter" than us. This is not the teaching of Christ. Stay away from him, lest you fry with him.
    Perhaps I am not as eloquent in expressing my views.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Perhaps I am not as eloquent in expressing my views.
    but at least you managed to address the issue.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:213 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    What supposedly "Christian" justification did the lynch mobs have for doing what they did?

I'd say 'none', wouldn't you?

Do you think the people who carried out the lynchings were Christians?
    It was not the christian justification it was a complete lack of anything christian that was and probably still is the problem.

Theologically, this exists as the most disturbing part of the lynching phenomenon. Believers’ lack of values and ethical response to God’s love was so nonexistent that it was commonly acceptable within the last one hundred years of this nation to watch someone be tortured, burned, castrated, and killed for sport just because of the color of their skin. Moreover, one’s faith was thought to have nothing to do with coming to the defense of these helpless victims. In fact, one’s faith did not even prohibit Christians from participating as enthusiastic observers within the crowds.

Thus attendance at church must be a mere perfunctory affair, an empty ritual with little or no real meaning and certainly no spiritual benefit. Even to this day the most racially divided time in America is 11 O'clock on a Sunday morning.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:28
    It was not the christian justification it was a complete lack of anything christian that was and probably still is the problem.
    So the lynch mobs and their enablers were not Christians, right?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    So the lynch mobs and their enablers were not Christians, right?
    they were in a church listening to a sermon on sunday afternoon, what do you think they were? hindus? muslims? siehks?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:30
    My own understanding is that Christendom despite having the same book cannot get a proper understanding of it because they practice acts which are condemned in Gods word, like killing and making war. This has the effect of God withdrawing his spirit and blessing from them and leaving them to themselves. This has the effect that because he has withd ...[text shortened]... ough the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God - 1 corinthians 2:10
    This thread is all the evidence I need to be convinced that it is YOU who lack the Holy Spirit. You first spit on God, and now you spit on your Christian brother. Both these things are in direct defiance of Christ's commandments. And now you laughingly claim that God has withdrawn his Holy Spirit from us, but not from you, when obviously, YOU are the ones lacking the Spirit. This further mocks God.

And how dare you quote scripture to me? You who mock God and corrupt his Word? You cannot even discern the Spirit of God, and you deny the Son. This thread is proof of your mockery.

Forget about me, you should be on your knees right now asking God for forgiveness. You are standing on dangerous ground.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:341 edit
    This thread is all the evidence I need to be convinced that it is YOU who lack the Holy Spirit. You first spit on God, and now you spit on your Christian brother. Both these things are in direct defiance of Christ's commandments. And now you laughingly claim that God has withdrawn his Holy Spirit from us, but not from you, when obviously, YOU are the one ...[text shortened]... ld be on your knees right now asking God for forgiveness. You are standing on dangerous ground.
    I spit on God and I spit on my christian brothers? LOL where have I spat on God and where have I spat on my christian brothers?

I dare to quote scripture to you? why I thought a poor desperate hopeless sinner like yourself could do with every scrap of scripture they can get.

Forget about you, Ill try, maybe i should try harder, who are you again?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:50
    Perhaps you can tell us what you found so shocking?
    Eh,...you.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:53
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Eh,...you.
    fine if you have anything to say after reading the court transcripts you can let us know.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:53
    To my detractors, dweebjeester, proper noob, effhim and Ghost of Puke,

I recieved a text from someone, ill paraphrase it here for it mentions you.

[b]One of your character strengths is that you seldom hesitate to make yourself vulnerable to overwhelming odds and lesser men.

Thankyou dear friends for your continuing support and encouragement in the face of overwhelming odds and at the hands of lesser men![/b]
    I couldn't give a hoot what someone sends you in a text message you strange little man.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 19:55
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I couldn't give a hoot what someone sends you in a text message you strange little man.
    I dont care that you dont care you silly man.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree