1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 20:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I dont care that you dont care you silly man.
    Why you felt the need to post this complete irrelevancy in the first place God only knows. Bizarre.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 20:02
    fine if you have anything to say after reading the court transcripts you can let us know.
    Have spoken to the Judge concerned, and as suspected, he said you're a plimsoll.

(Footnote: A smidgen of creative licence has occurred in this post).
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 20:051 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Why you felt the need to post this complete irrelevancy in the first place God only knows. Bizarre.
    insults to my personal dignity and majesty are two a penny. This is the spirituality forum, the Op contained a matter of spiritual interest or the complete lack of it, perhaps i should have put it in sports, yah think?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 20:06
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Have spoken to the Judge concerned, and as suspected, he said you're a plimsoll.

(Footnote: A smidgen of creative licence has occurred in this post).
    Interesting perspective you have there, been to button moon lately? I heard you are wired to it? you and Mr. Spoon.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 20:18
    insults to my personal dignity and majesty are two a penny. This is the spirituality forum, the Op contained a matter of spiritual interest or the complete lack of it, perhaps i should have put it in sports, yah think?
    The irrelevancy being the post about the text message.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 20:24
    The irrelevancy being the post about the text message.
    ok my apologies i understand now, meh it was a just a little encouragement in the face of overwhelming odds at the hands of lesser men.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 01:022 edits
    I would reccommend the Debate Forum. However. Suzianne is someone to consult on this sort of thing, since I am not that good at it. She has several times coached me when I posted something in the wrong forum. I am not sure I have it figured out yet. I made many people angry when I posted about "Evolution" on the Science Forum. Now I know "Evolution" and the "age of the earth" is not really science.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 01:20
    they were in a church listening to a sermon on sunday afternoon, what do you think they were? hindus? muslims? siehks?
    We once discussed what I described as 2,000 or so years of Christian persecution of the Jews across Europe and you insisted that no Christians persecuted Jews and that no Christian would do such a thing. And yet now here you are, with these 4,000 lynchings, insisting that their perpetrators and enablers were Christians and that somehow present day Christians share some sort of responsibility for what happened, even though, it seems you agree with me that the lynch mobs had absolutely no "Christian" justification for doing what they did. Which is it to be?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 04:19
    I am going to be honest, i stopped reading after the second line. Sorry there is only so much a man can take of your incessant whinging.
    Quit posting tripe and I wouldn't have to "whinge".
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 04:36
    Then it begs the question, what on earth were they being taught in church, surely?
    Church was not relevant . Clearly they were never Christians.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 08:141 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Church was not relevant . Clearly they were never Christians.
    So what were they doing in church on a Sunday afternoon listening to a sermon if they were not Christians? What about those persons who invited their family and friends to watch, were they also not Christians? If not , what were they?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 08:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I would reccommend the Debate Forum. However. Suzianne is someone to consult on this sort of thing, since I am not that good at it. She has several times coached me when I posted something in the wrong forum. I am not sure I have it figured out yet. I made many people angry when I posted about "Evolution" on the Science Forum. Now I know "Evolution" and the "age of the earth" is not really science.
    Suzzianne? you got coaching from suzzianne? LOL, oh Jonah Hindus of the great Sea swallowed by a whale and cast out on dry land, that's hilarious. I will approach her for coaching if I ever need a fairy cake recipe.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 08:59
    So what were they doing in church on a Sunday afternoon listening to a sermon if they were not Christians? What about those persons who invited their family and friends to watch, were they also not Christians? If not , what were they?
    I'll help you out here, even though you are too far gone to be helped in reality, you might, and I mean MIGHT, just be able to learn something on this topic.

You see Robert, when this debacle of a thread started yesterday I did a Google search and found a plethora of information on the topic of Christianity, particularly Evangelical Christianity, and the lycnchings in the Southern USA. This is something you could have easily done yourself, but we all know this thread was really an attempt by your good self to bait, troll and have another pop, because this isn't the first and won't be the last, at 'nominal Christians'.

If you Google 'Christianity Justification Lynchings' you will find lots of goodies for you to peruse over at your leisure. One in particular is this 64 page study from the American Journal of Sociology entitled 'Practicing What they Preach? Lynching and Religion in the American South 1890-1929'. Enjoy.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3856205/
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 09:432 edits
    I'll help you out here, even though you are too far gone to be helped in reality, you might, and I mean MIGHT, just be able to learn something on this topic.

You see Robert, when this debacle of a thread started yesterday I did a Google search and found a plethora of information on the topic of Christianity, particularly Evangelical Christianity, and ...[text shortened]... in the American South 1890-1929'. Enjoy.

Thanks but its littered with in-house technical terms that assume the reader knows what they mean, look at the abstract for goodness sake. A moral solidarity framework? solidarity thesis? and this mouthful, 'a pluralistic religious marketplace'. Ill read it but those guys need their bums felt for sure.

This project employs a moral solidarity framework to explore the relationship between organized religion and lynching in the American South. We ask whether a county’s religious composition impacted its rate of lynching, net of demographic and economic controls. We find evidence for the solidarity thesis using three religious metrics. First, our findings show that counties with greater religious diversity experienced more lynching, supporting the notion that a pluralistic religious marketplace with competing religious denominations weakened the bonds of a cohesive moral community and might have enhanced white racial solidarity. Second, counties in which a larger share of the black population worshipped in churches controlled by blacks experienced higher levels of racial violence, indicating a threat to the prevailing moral community or inter-group racially based solidarity. Finally, we find a lower incidence of lynching in counties where a larger share of church members belonged to denominations with racially mixed denominations, suggesting that cross-racial solidarity served to reduce racial violence.

As I have stated my thread was genius before you and your cronies showed up like salivating coyotes at a KFC. I mock your assertions of debacle.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 09:581 edit

You see Robert, when this debacle of a thread started yesterday I did a Google search and found a plethora of information on the topic of Christianity, particularly Evangelical Christianity, and ...[text shortened]... in the American South 1890-1929'. Enjoy.

Predominant Christian organizations disseminated a theology rooted in white superiority, and providing ideological justification for separation of the races became a primary function of white religious groups (Bailey 2005; Berends 2004; Harvey 2004; Matthews 2004; Snay 1993; Spain 1961). Christianity was used to support slavery based on biblical and evangelistic reasons (Emerson and Smith)

Its a great pity that your article does not provided any specific theological arguments which were utilised to stress white superiority or a justification for segregation. Now that would be interesting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree