Taking the good

Taking the good

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
With your denial of God means the universe can be defined any way you choose ignoring what God has done, you withhold giving Him credit everywhere.
Well, I don't subscribe to your religion, KellyJay. I don't subscribe to the way you define the universe. I don't subscribe to the notion that the particular God figure you describe has done anything that anyone must give it "credit" for. But if you DO subscribe to these things - that I don't subscribe to - and, by way of your moral compass, it helps you live a morally sound life then that is to be welcomed.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Sep 22

@fmf said
I don't see you presenting a "truth" that I must "avoid" and your definition of "evil" is ludicrous
God being the ultimate good whom you owe everything to is the Truth and are rejecting Him.

F

Moves
29 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
God being the ultimate good whom you owe everything to is the Truth and are rejecting Him.
If your belief that this is real is factored into your outlook by your moral compass, then that is how the "nurture" element of your moral compass works.

That you are fixated on whether I am rejecting the farfetched stuff that you just so happen to believe, in moral terms, is neither here nor there.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Sep 22

@fmf said
If your belief that this is real is factored into your outlook by your moral compass, then that is how the "nurture" element of your moral compass works.

That you are fixated on whether I am rejecting the farfetched stuff that you just so happen to believe, in moral terms, is neither here nor there.
The thing is God's kingdom the prime reality there is love, the truth north for any
compass and you are pissing on it.

F

Moves
30 Sep 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
The thing is God's kingdom the prime reality there is love, the truth north for any
compass and you are pissing on it.
You are pissing on ["God's kingdom"]

I simply don't share your beliefs, that's all, KellyJay. If you don't like my analysis of the source and nature of morality, so be it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Sep 22

@fmf said
You are pissing on ["God's kingdom"]

I simply don't share your beliefs, that's all, KellyJay. If you don't like my analysis of the source and nature of morality, so be it.
No, that is not it, simply or otherwise. You can say you don't share my beliefs, who
cares what I believe, were I never born you'd still be pissing on the love of God
that God showed you in Jesus Christ. Making it about me instead of Christ is one
more piece of evidence you have forsaken the God who created you sustains you
and gives you everything from the air you breathe and all else. The more love and
grace He gives you (which has nothing at all to do with me) and the more you
reject Him, the greater the evil you choose over the love of God in your life.

F

Moves
30 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
You can say you don't share my beliefs, who
cares what I believe, were I never born you'd still be pissing on the love of God
that God showed you in Jesus Christ. Making it about me instead of Christ is one
more piece of evidence you have forsaken the God who created you sustains you
and gives you everything from the air you breathe and all else. The more love and
grace ...[text shortened]... me) and the more you
reject Him, the greater the evil you choose over the love of God in your life.
You have forsaken the God who created you sustains you and gives you everything from the air you breathe and all else. The more love and grace He gives you (which has nothing at all to do with me) and the more you reject Him, the greater the evil you choose over the love of God in your life.

As I said, these may be your beliefs, KellyJay, but I simply don't share them, that's all. If you don't agree with my dissection of what morality is and how it works, OK, fine. You can use the word "pissing" as many times as you want, but [1] it won't make any difference to me, and [2] it makes you sound silly.

F

Moves
30 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
No, that is not it, simply or otherwise.
Yes, it is, KellyJay. It really is.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Sep 22

@fmf said
You have forsaken the God who created you sustains you and gives you everything from the air you breathe and all else. The more love and grace He gives you (which has nothing at all to do with me) and the more you reject Him, the greater the evil you choose over the love of God in your life.

As I said, these may be your beliefs, KellyJay, but I simply don't share them, ...[text shortened]... any times as you want, but [1] it won't make any difference to me, and [2] it makes you sound silly.
Rejecting the God who created you isn't an issue between me and everyone else,
I'm not your creator.

F

Moves
30 Sep 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Rejecting the God who created you isn't an issue between me and everyone else,
I'm not your creator.
The difference between my beliefs and your beliefs, here on this debate and discussion forum, most certainly IS merely a disagreement between just you and me.

Whatever imaginative certainty you happen to have that some great big God figure is endorsing the ludicrous assertions you make about evil and morality has no bearing whatsover on the things that you and I discuss.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Sep 22

@fmf said
The difference between my beliefs and your beliefs, here on this debate and discussion forum, most certainly IS merely a disagreement between just you and me.

Whatever imaginative certainty you happen to have that some great big God figure is endorsing the ludicrous assertions you make about evil and morality has no bearing whatsover on the things that you and I discuss.
The difference is and it doesn’t have to do with me, God is good, and you are arrogant comparing yourself to Him.

F

Moves
30 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
The difference is and it doesn’t have to do with me, God is good, and you are arrogant comparing yourself to Him.
I am not comparing myself to your God figure. I am comparing your beliefs to mine.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Sep 22

@fmf said
I am not comparing myself to your God figure. I am comparing your beliefs to mine.
It isn't about us, it is about reality which is God, you want to compare yourself to
other people and stick with that as if that is all that is important, fine by me, knock
yourself out.

F

Moves
30 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
It isn't about us, it is about reality which is God, you want to compare yourself to
other people and stick with that as if that is all that is important, fine by me, knock
yourself out.
I don't believe your particular God figure has anything to do with reality other than the assertions you make paint a real picture of the psychological and ideological factors that affect you.

F

Moves
30 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
you want to compare yourself to
other people
That is all that is going on on a message board like this.