Taking the good

Taking the good

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Sep 22

@fmf said
I don't believe your particular God figure has anything to do with reality other than the assertions you make paint a real picture of the psychological and ideological factors that affect you.
I know you set the rules of your morality, believe your reality is just what you
claim it to be, and any challenge to that is only another person's opinion. You have
taken God's place in the universe and are not about to relinquish that spot.

F

Moves
30 Sep 22

@kellyjay said
You have
taken God's place in the universe and are not about to relinquish that spot.
If your belief that I "have taken God's place in the universe" gets factored in by your moral compass in such a way so that your interactions with others are morally sound, then that is a good thing.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Oct 22

@fmf said
If your belief that I "have taken God's place in the universe" gets factored in by your moral compass in such a way so that your interactions with others are morally sound, then that is a good thing.
We all have opinions, but we live in only one reality.

F

Moves
01 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
We all have opinions, but we live in only one reality.
I don't have any reason to think that your belief in your God figure has any impact on the reality in which I live; however, if your belief in your God figure affects your perception of the reality around you, then that is something for you to deal with, not me.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Oct 22

@fmf said
I don't have any reason to think that your belief in your God figure has any impact on the reality in which I live; however, if your belief in your God figure affects your perception of the reality around you, then that is something for you to deal with, not me.
Well, you do seem to have a high opinion of your opinion that you know what God
could and should do, as you suggest reality is the way you declare it to be.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Oct 22

@fmf said
Fine with me why do you keep bringing Him up in most of your posts?

F

Moves
01 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
Fine with me why do you keep bringing Him up in most of your posts?
Because the way your religious ideology distorts your intellectual behaviour [and, to my way of thinking, your integrity as well] is fascinating, and this Spirituality Forum is exactly the right venue to discuss it.

F

Moves
01 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
You also "suggest reality is the way you declare it to be".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Oct 22

@fmf said
Because the way your religious ideology distorts your intellectual behaviour [and, to my way of thinking, your integrity as well] is fascinating, and this Spirituality Forum is exactly the right venue to discuss it.
yawn

F

Moves
01 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
yawn
You asked, and you got a candid answer.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Oct 22

@fmf said
You asked, and you got a candid answer.
And it was just along the lines I thought you'd say.

F

Moves
01 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
And it was just along the lines I thought you'd say.
I know. Because you've asked me the same question half a dozen times before and got the same answer. You ask it again - knowing the answer - and then you pout when you get it - like some kind of a parody of a genuine conversation. Why can't you converse in good faith?

F

Moves
01 Oct 22

@kellyjay said
I know you set the rules of your morality.
In which of my posts are you pretending I said this?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Oct 22
2 edits

@kellyjay said
Here’s another (side) question then that you probably won’t answer:

Do you also have a high opinion of your opinion that you know what God could and should do?.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Oct 22

@divegeester said
Here’s another (side) question then that you probably won’t answer:

Do you also have a high opinion of your opinion that you know what God could and should do?.
I have to go to scripture to read what it says as it is said, not alter it to make mean
what I want it to say and disagree with those that take it as is.