1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:29
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I like the way you portray me.
    I aint that wishy or washy but I guess it goes with the grist.

And you sir, like twhitehead , I see as fence sitters.
    Oh that's right your a "Christian" . Good for you.
    You're not always wish-washy, just when you've been on the herbs 😛
    I think you're a nice guy actually. For what that's worth.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:31
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Where did you hear we must be wary of technology, have you been debating the Amish?
    I used to live near a couple of Amish towns, and yes they live a plain and simple life, and
    yes they avoid a lot of modern technology, not sure where else you'd get that at.
    I just don't want to get to a point where we lose control.
    The Amish have a point,but you cant fear technology either
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:32
    It's almost an oxymoron to SPIRITuality. Do I really need to bring up examples. You putzes
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:33
    Oh that's right your a "Christian" . Good for you.
    I am a Christian yes, but as I've said many times, not a "good" one by any measure. But I am sincere, I try to be honest and open and I express my distaste of poor Christian teachings and won't cast aside my moral values to embrace something horrible in the Bible. That upsets some here, but it is how I feel and I have to be true to myself.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:34
    I just don't want to get to a point where we lose control.
    The Amish have a point,but you cant fear technology either
    Who fears technology? It is no different than anything else, you can fear water and either
    take a shower in it or bath, even if you can also drown in it too. It is just part of life, what
    it is used for can be good or bad.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:35
    It's almost an oxymoron to SPIRITuality. Do I really need to bring up examples. You putzes
    Yes, at least a reason for the question so we can grasp the context of what point you are
    attempting to make.

signed
    the putze
    🙂
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:371 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You're not always wish-washy, just when you've been on the herbs 😛
    I think you're a nice guy actually. For what that's worth.
    I think your a nice guy too so let me tell yu something.

When people encounter me they often tell me to "slowdown" and "speak quieter". Other drug user thinkI'm on speed. If I tell them "No" I'm str8. they call me a liar.
    I do try to keep my posts short, but heck, I aint going to lobotomize myself just cause i'm "Tooo loud"... or whatever.

And I'm wary of compliments and people I agree with. But not totally retarded in that sense
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:39
    Yes, at least a reason for the question so we can grasp the context of what point you are
    attempting to make.

signed
    the putze
    🙂
    We don't need technology and this "pie in the sky" dream that it will fix everything real sooon is like the devil to me
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:40
    Who fears technology? It is no different than anything else, you can fear water and either
    take a shower in it or bath, even if you can also drown in it too. It is just part of life, what
    it is used for can be good or bad.
    The Amish seem to fear it.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I am a Christian yes, but as I've said many times, not a "good" one by any measure. But I am sincere, I try to be honest and open and I express my distaste of poor Christian teachings and won't cast aside my moral values to embrace something horrible in the Bible. That upsets some here, but it is how I feel and I have to be true to myself.
    Noted and noted.
    You're too good to be true. a real Christian person with a sense of the times.
    I'm extra wary now 🙂
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:50
    The Amish seem to fear it.
    I don't know about fear, but they do live a nice quiet life. I recall years ago some mad man
    came to a town and murdered several of their children. I recall that several of the men in
    that town went to the murderer's wife. What they did was hug and support her, telling her
    that they both lost due to the evil that was done. They loved and supported her.

Now I believe these guys put their hearts where their mouths are, they truly attempt to walk
    out their faith. This compared to many people with cell phones, TV, cars, and nice clothes
    beat up others just for have an opposing view when it come to elections. So does this
    mean that technology is evil, no, it means that our hearts can be hateful regardless of
    where we stand on this subject in my opinion.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:52
    Lets start with the aboriginies of Australia.Apparently the most oldest and eco-friendly people on the Earth. How has technology enriched their lives?
    Did they need it? Are they happier for it?
    Do any of them have cell phones? Use the internet?
    Seriously, I find that most people who idolize the aborigines ancient lifestyle wouldn't actually give up their current lives and go an live it - I know for sure that you haven't.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:52
    We don't need technology and this "pie in the sky" dream that it will fix everything real sooon is like the devil to me
    Well, I'm inclined to agree with you here. I think some view our times as better than others
    because of all the toys we have are so much better. When in fact our hearts are just as
    evil today as any other time in our short history in my opinion.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:53
    And what fence would that be?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:54
    I don't know about fear, but they do live a nice quiet life. I recall years ago some mad man
    came to a town and murdered several of their children. I recall that several of the men in
    that town went to the murderer's wife. What they did was hug and support her, telling her
    that they both lost due to the evil that was done. They loved and supported her.
    ...[text shortened]... eans that our hearts can be hateful regardless of
    where we stand on this subject in my opinion.
    Thanks Kelly Slater. I just couldn't do that (Amish way of life). Well I could but I love my kids and this is a big arse country

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree