1. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The fish would disagree.
    Disagree about what? Are you reading my posts, because it doesn't seem so.

And it is a technology. But, as always, I am indeed wrong . putz
    Yes, you are indeed wrong.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:55
    We don't need technology...
    Yet here you are, using it to send messages to the other side of the earth. You may not need it, but you sure do like to use it.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 18:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Disagree about what? Are you reading my posts, because it doesn't seem so.

[b]And it is a technology. But, as always, I am indeed wrong . putz

Yes, you are indeed wrong.[/b]
    are you always right?
    Can't you get the gist or Spirit of a point?
    You're the biggest putz going around here and you speak as if your s*** don't stink.
    As soon as you hit "reply" you're putting a part of yourself out there. Think about that, and think about what we get (here in the Spirituality section )
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 19:01
    Yet here you are, using it to send messages to the other side of the earth. You may not need it, but you sure do like to use it.
    I use it like maybe 30 mins a day. Heck I don't even have a star.
    I don't goto other sites. I've made a nest here,yes, and I'm sure plenty of zen monks use internet. But I don't need it.

I like to throw the ball for just aslong
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 19:02
    So is Cape Town a s***hole like Brisbane? Can you walk down the street and take a gander without fear of reprisal?
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 19:09
    (Ancient) wisdom tells us to be wary of technology. Of course you can use it to enhance your life but apparently there are traps to entrusting our future with it.

Ever heard what's going on with "anti-bacterial" handwash lately?
    It's not so much the "Ancient" wisdom that bothers me. Nor is it technology that bothers me. What bothers me is some really odd modern ideas

For example, in the U.S.A. where i live we have congress passing "Laws" they have no business with (except the business of payoffs maybe) . They passed a law some years ago to make it illegal to use light bulbs - the one with the filament. And another law years before that forcing everyone to use a certain type of TV. I can't remember the reasoning behind it all, except i questioned by what right does our government have to force the issue on these things, and why?

And my other question is, where will this abuse of power lead.

So it isn't technology that worries me, but those in "power" that use it.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 19:51
    Thanks Kelly Slater. I just couldn't do that (Amish way of life). Well I could but I love my kids and this is a big arse country
    Me either, I like indoor plumbing, furnaces, A/C, computers, cell phones, GPS, computers,
    and clothes I can buy off the rack.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 19:52
    are you always right?
    No, I can be wrong. And, unlike you, I have no problem admitting it when I am.

Can't you get the gist or Spirit of a point?
    Yes I can. And I disagree with it. Can't you get the gist of my disagreement?

You're the biggest putz going around here and you speak as if your s*** don't stink.
    And your rudeness is uncalled for. Just learn to admit when you are wrong rather than lashing out at the person who pointed it out.

As soon as you hit "reply" you're putting a part of yourself out there. Think about that, and think about what we get (here in the Spirituality section )
    If you can't handle being told when you are wrong, then I suggest staying off the internet and going and living like the aborigines used to. Or is that only good enough for them?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 19:54
    I don't goto other sites. I've made a nest here,yes, and I'm sure plenty of zen monks use internet. But I don't need it.
    And I agreed that you don't need it. But you do use it.
    There is, however, plenty of technology that we can reasonably say that we do need.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 19:59
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    They passed a law some years ago to make it illegal to use light bulbs - the one with the filament.
    I am fairly sure you are badly mistaken on that one. The law was almost certainly in relation to selling such light bulbs not using them.
    The reality is that you are constrained in your purchasing decisions by what is available to buy. This is not a law, but it does put constraints on you. In some cases it is reasonable for government to make rules about what companies should make available for purchase.
    In the case of light bulbs, the filament ones use much more power for no real benefit. Do you also rant and rave about fuel economy regulations? If not, why not?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 20:39
    You might want to read your own post and imaging it was addressed to you.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 22:181 edit
    Do any of them have cell phones? Use the internet?
    Seriously, I find that most people who idolize the aborigines ancient lifestyle wouldn't actually give up their current lives and go an live it - I know for sure that you haven't.
    I know for sure that I have. Now that I am a sole parent with responsibilities I feel like I must give my child the best I can with his start in life. So I need a bit of money, I need stable accommodation,etc.

I've been in this place 6 years and have a more than probable chance of staying here til I die. I don't wish to do that however it's upto my kids independence as to when I can make changes in my life. Ideally I would like him to take over this place when he's like 20 or something
    I do get in touch with aboriginals who are notoriously hard to understand. Very hard but not impossible.

Anyhow I take offence at the likes of you who think they know me. Call me a wishy washy new age hippy libtard if you want, but don't tell me what I will or wont do. Or what I have or haven't done. An apology is in order here
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 22:24
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    It's not so much the "Ancient" wisdom that bothers me. Nor is it technology that bothers me. What bothers me is some really odd modern ideas

For example, in the U.S.A. where i live we have congress passing "Laws" they have no business with (except the business of payoffs maybe) . They passed a law some years ago to make it illegal to use light bulbs - th ...[text shortened]... buse of power lead.

So it isn't technology that worries me, but those in "power" that use it.
    Yes, I agree, but technology is often spruiked by government types as an answer to problems that we don't even have.

I genuinely hope I'm wrong, but this idea (that we should be wary of technology) is not just off the top of my head. It's a long held view of mine, and a few others
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 22:27
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Me either, I like indoor plumbing, furnaces, A/C, computers, cell phones, GPS, computers,
    and clothes I can buy off the rack.
    I guess we shouldn't take anything for granted.

Many young uns have this sense of entitlement, which is caused by an under appreciation of where things actually come from, how they are made ,etc.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 22:36
    No, I can be wrong. And, unlike you, I have no problem admitting it when I am.

[b]Can't you get the gist or Spirit of a point?

Yes I can. And I disagree with it. Can't you get the gist of my disagreement?

And your rudeness is uncalled for. Just learn t ...[text shortened]... internet and going and living like the aborigines used to. Or is that only good enough for them?[/b]
    You are a putz bro.
    You miss the fact that I actually respect you when I criticize you. You may actually listen, but hearing is a rarity here and everywhere else (these days? )

No you can't get into the spirit of many things posted here, some directly addressing you.

Learn to admit when I'm wrong ,eh?
    Have you ever apologized or admitted you were wrong?
    I have, or did you not read any of those posts. Trust me, they exist.

I can handle being told when I'm wrong. I welcome it.
    And you think I have comprehension issues, phew boy!!

That last comment sounded kinda racist, but you will definitely tell me that you are not racist and I'm wrong.

You have as much authority as anyone else. You are what you can get away with to others, however you cant ever get away from yourself and your conscience.

Since you think you can tell me what to do I recommend you stay off the spirituality forum where you frequently post and yet rarely contribute.

Everybody has great hindsight, but that's easy and you know it

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree