1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 23:23
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    you like posting really short pithy and meaningless responses.

How do I, or anyone else know, what YOU mean by evolution in its fullest meaning.
    or what YOU mean by watered down evolution.

The only way to tell if we are using the word to mean the same thing (as this has
    been called into question) is if you actually define, in detail, what you thi ...[text shortened]... the word means.
    And using it to mean something else means you are making a straw man argument.
    Just scratch me off as being wrong and don't worry about it, then.
    Who cares anyway?
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 23:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Just scratch me off as being wrong and don't worry about it, then.
    Who cares anyway?
    I prefer not to 'scratch people off' and I only did it to dasa is he seems completely beyond not only reason but
    the ability to actually engage in a debate. He seems to think he is in a pulpit talking to his flock, not engaging in
    debate with peers.
    He also seems to enjoy making actually offensive insults towards those who disagree with him.
    If he properly reformed and apologised for his gross insults then I would change my mind, I don't think it
    likely.

You are not nearly that bad, and thus I retain the hope that I/others can have a debate with you.
    Not that I think I can change your mind (although I can still hope), but the debate between two sides can
    be useful for those evaluating which side (if either) they want to follow.
    Plus as I do follow the scientific method I always like to challenge my beliefs.
    That way those that fail can be discarded, and those that succeed can be held all the stronger as a result.

This also I would point out makes me better to debate than you.
    I WILL change my mind if presented with convincing enough argument/evidence.
    Evolution has stood the test of time being attacked so heavily for so long and is still standing stronger than ever
    I would be very very very surprised if you could provide an argument or evidence that would change my mind,
    but the possibility, however remote, still exists.

If you try to change someone else's mind but have no intention of ever changing your own it shows at least some
    disrespect to the person you are trying to influence.

This is what I mean about being open minded, I am prepared to change my opinion.
    But you have to do it through good argument and evidence.
    "Because I am right" doesn't cut it..... even if you are.

In general however I don't worry about it, but I do think it is important.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree