1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 04:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    For someone to choose something, it must be enticing. If there is no enticement, people would simply never have a reason to try it.

For example, do you know of very many people who stick their head in a fan?
    I'm sorry, after 2 reads of that post I still cant understand how it relates to mine.
    Maybe it will come to me ... or maybe you could explain 🙂
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 04:23
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'm sorry, after 2 reads of that post I still cant understand how it relates to mine.
    Maybe it will come to me ... or maybe you could explain 🙂
    You have exereinced something "cool" or interesting. This is the enticement.

Conversly, there is no enticement to stick your head in a fan. Therefore, my guess is that no one could convince you to try it.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 04:26
    Yes, I understand.

I would like to believe that "God" guides me in my actions, but sometimes, when I am thinking too much , I can get confused.
    If that happens , I need to "settle" my mind and then my mind becomes clear once again.
    It's always the second thought that is the wrong one. "God" always has the first word - you just need to listen.
    I would like to believe a lot of things as well like me being invisible when my in-laws visit or that I alone hold all the wisdom and knowledge at RHP and you must therefore conform to my way of thinking regarding everything I say.

Granted, one out of two is not bad but I think you get the point. 😛
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 04:32
    Yes, I understand.

I would like to believe that "God" guides me in my actions, but sometimes, when I am thinking too much , I can get confused.
    If that happens , I need to "settle" my mind and then my mind becomes clear once again.
    It's always the second thought that is the wrong one. "God" always has the first word - you just need to listen.
    The idea is to get to a point in yourself where you are always mindful. I am not there yet... I am just learning to meditate.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 04:32
    You have exereinced something "cool" or interesting. This is the enticement.

Conversly, there is no enticement to stick your head in a fan. Therefore, my guess is that no one could convince you to try it.
    Well, one time my girlie stuck her hand into a wet powerpoint and got zapped. I was strangely enticed to do the same. It was a decision made in the moment.

Afterwards she said I was nuts to do that, and most would agree with her, but for me it was a very worth while experience. It's not sticking your head into a fan, but it's also not very inticing on the surface of it.

Long story short, I still stand by actions, such as the one above, for if I had not acted in the spur of the moment, without dwelling for an instant, then I would have missed those "lessons" that were presented to me in those situations. Do you understand? For me, it's all "God" and I learn more and more all the time. It's my whole life. Even the most mundane things, like taking out the trash can have spiritual significance to a person like me.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 04:52
    Well, one time my girlie stuck her hand into a wet powerpoint and got zapped. I was strangely enticed to do the same. It was a decision made in the moment.

Afterwards she said I was nuts to do that, and most would agree with her, but for me it was a very worth while experience. It's not sticking your head into a fan, but it's also not very inticing o ...[text shortened]... e things, like taking out the trash can have spiritual significance to a person like me.
    You could be dead too and never get any more lesson in life.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 05:29

Afterwards she said I was nuts to do that, and most would agree with her, but for me it was a very worth while experience. It's not sticking your head into a fan, but it's also not very inticing o ...[text shortened]... e things, like taking out the trash can have spiritual significance to a person like me.
    How was deliberately sticking your fingers into a wet power socket in anyway a good experience? Or in anyway edifying to your position as father to you observing daughter?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 06:342 edits
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    The idea is to get to a point in yourself where you are always mindful. I am not there yet... I am just learning to meditate.
    Just a note with that, from my experiences with meditation-

I try NOT to distinguish between meditating and non-meditating. I can meditate at any time.
    Obviously it is more beneficial to sit alone in a quiet place with a straight back and be "mindfull" . But you can re-centre your focus to your centre (just above the belly button), at anytime of the day. It reminds you that your spirit is not in your head,as this is where most poeples attention resides mostly,(when concious).

It is difficult at first,(both re-centering your attention constantly and meditating with a straight back for say 20 minutes without becoming drowsy, (the point is to stay alert)).
    But it get's easier and builds into a positive habit that is free, beneficial and with no apparent negative side effects, (other than maybe a bit of time loss/disorientation).
    It easy to finish an activity and , if there are no people that need your attention(like your kids for example), to just sit there and "meditate". There is no real concious decision at this point to start "meditating" as there is no meditating and non-meditating , as this presents a different dualism, but a dualism nonetheless.
    Just sit there and breath. Your back will want to straighten on it's own if you clear your mind and focus your energy on your centre.
    It's not a race, it's not like any other wordly activities, if done right. It is a "meditative process" that grows and takes over your life.

Other things start to happen when you become more mindful of your own thoughts and cosequent actions. You start to feel a need to account for yourself, to justify yourself and to learn about your ego and the "ghost" that inhabits your body (spiritual and emotional body as well!).
    One good practice is when you visit a friend, or anyone for that matter, is to stop when you get the door. Dont just barge in, no matter who you are visiting, even when going home to your own home. Instead stop, and perhaps just stand there for 5 minutes and clear your mind. You may find something arises that reminds you to perhaps act in a certain way that you would not have thought to do if you had not stopped and cleared your mind first. If that doesn't occur, it is still beneficial in the sense that you enter the premises witha clear, concious mind and you often give people your best when you are in that "clear mind zone".
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 06:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You could be dead too and never get any more lesson in life.
    I could be, but I'm not.

Here, let me give you one quick example of the type of "karma"(life lessons )that have been with me since i was a kid.

I ran out in front of a car that was obscured by 3 buses. I thought it was a one way street. Anyway I got hit by a largish sedan and rolled up on the windshield before comming thudding down on the ground. I was slightly shocked but I was okay. In fact I was so okay that I had not one scratch on me!! Oter than the mild shock (and shame, as a small crowd had gathered,some telling the driver to stay put because he ran me over), I was fine. Totally fine. I didn't get into the ambulance and just felt real stupid. Well the police beat was just over the street so they were there pronto. After they saw I was alright they decided to give me a ticket for jaywalking . Hows that????!!???
    I could've hit that driver up for money and threatened legal action as several witnesses were willing to back me up, but I knew that it was mainly my fault and I wished the gentleman no furthur discomfort. So I let him go.

This story pretty much sums up perhaps hundreds of experiences in my life where, when exposed to physical danger, I often ended up totally unscathed and telling the police what happened. (I rarely got charged with anything, it's just the cops up here, there still a bit backward)
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 09:003 edits
    Wrong forum? Nope. I would like to focus on the controversy with the church during the time of the American Revolution. Some, like John Wesley, objected to the revolt comparing the event to rebellion comparable to witchcraft. His argument cited the mandate by scripture to "submit" to the government of the land.

Most, like myself, have always thought of ...[text shortened]... God, however, this recent discovery of mine is rather interesting and worth debating I think.
    you rebelled against us, the British, your Lords and masters and now look at you, your
    practically bankrupt and all because you wouldn't pay a little tax on your tea and now
    look, your all paying way more taxes now than if you had remained under the loving
    oversight of the British, with the exception of the super rich, who dont pay any taxes
    at all. Come back to us Whodey, we will forgive your little rebellion, and we shall take
    you back like prodigal sons.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 10:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you rebelled against us, the British, your Lords and masters and now look at you, your
    practically bankrupt and all because you wouldn't pay a little tax on your tea and now
    look, your all paying way more taxes now than if you had remained under the loving
    oversight of the British, with the exception of the super rich, who dont pay any taxes
    ...[text shortened]... Whodey, we will forgive your little rebellion, and we shall take
    you back like prodigal sons.
    Will you take us back? :'(
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 10:09

I....er...um...stand corrected.

Yikes man!! 😲
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 10:38
    Will you take us back? :'(
    yes everyone except RJH and those guys from Montana who think that the police force are a private militia out to get them.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 11:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes everyone except RJH and those guys from Montana who think that the police force are a private militia out to get them.
    I thought RJH was a good friend and Buddy.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 13:051 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I thought RJH was a good friend and Buddy.
    yes, but he still needs correction and discipline.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree