The Authority of Paul

The Authority of Paul

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
On what basis do you call Suzianne your “sister”?
It’s just a saying. I thought of saying, “Sing it, soul sister!” instead because it sounds funnier.

But suzianne and I are both Christians so she is my sister in the Lord.

Moves
17 Mar 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @romans1009
It’s just a saying. I thought of saying, “Sing it, soul sister!” instead because it sounds funnier.

But suzianne and I are both Christians so she is my sister in the Lord.
And yet a couple of weeks back you were making lewd comments about her avatar and profile pic.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 18

And yet a couple of weeks back you were making leud comments about her avatar.
Not only do you not know the definition of lewd, you also don’t know how to spell it.

Moves
17 Mar 18

Not only do you not know the definition of lewd, you also don’t know how to spell it.
I’m sure Suzianne is delighted to have some creepy, low brow forum ne'er-do-well letching around her and call her “sister”.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 18

I’m sure Suzianne is delighted to have some creepy, low brow forum ne'er-do-well letching around her and call her “sister”.
Why don’t you ask her, tiger?

Why so cranky?

You always seem to burst into the forum around this time with a huge chip on your shoulder. It’s not my fault your credit’s no longer good at the pub.

Moves
17 Mar 18
1 edit

Why don’t you ask her, tiger?

Why so cranky?

You always seem to burst into the forum around this time with a huge chip on your shoulder. It’s not my fault your credit’s no longer good at the pub.
Are you aware of how you come over in here; lonely, slightly pathetic and yet deeply bitter, living at home with Mum, a bit of a perv around the females, all-night narcotic induced tail-spin posting, 4 year old Christian who thinks he knows it all.

What time is it there, 3 am? Jeez.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 18

Are you aware of how you come over in here; lonely, slightly pathetic and yet deeply bitter, living at home with Mum, a bit of a perv around the females, all-night narcotic induced tail-spin posting, 4 year old Christian who thinks he knows it all.
You’ve got me all wrong, tiger, but I really don’t care how I come across on here. RHP is a great website - I enjoy the forums and have played a few very interesting chess games on here. But there is more to life than the Internet.

Moves
17 Mar 18

You’ve got me all wrong...
I don’t think so, in fact I think I have you quite accurately pegged.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 18
1 edit

I don’t think so, in fact I think I have you quite accurately pegged.
Just like you thought you had me pegged before when you claimed I had multiple accounts?

Besides, how could anyone who has salvation and a relationship with Jesus Christ be bitter, regardless of his or her circumstances? Think of Psalm 23, verse 1.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Mar 18

What time is it there, 3 am? Jeez.
Slightly?!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Slightly?!
Now you’re one-word trolling?

I can see how that puts less of a strain on you while you’re still recovering, but it may also remain useful when you’re back to trolling like a young un.

An impressive addition to your trolling arsenal!

T

Moves
17 Mar 18
3 edits

John the Apostle declared Jesus Christ was God in the opening chapter of his Gospel:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

...[text shortened]... me hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.”

(1 John 2:22-23)
You think Jesus Christ was just a man, despite all evidence to the contrary, including Jesus’ own words.

You are a Christ denier, whether you accept it or not, because you deny Christ was/is God in the flesh.

According to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, the purpose for which is is the Christ basically comes down to three things and three things only (see Luke 4):
1) To preach His gospel - These are the words He spoke while preaching His gospel during His ministry.
2) To give sight to the blind - To open the eyes of those blind to the will of God. The will of God is contained in His gospel.
3) To set free the captives - To FREE those who abide in His word from the slavery of committing sin. To FREE those who abide in His gospel (see John 8).

In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, Jesus never claimed to be God. You've yet to make a cogent argument that He did. You haven't because you can't.

You don't believe in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. You believe in a different gospel.

The truth will make you free. You repeatedly show that you hate the truth. That you hate the light. You advocate for what you believe is your right to walk in darkness.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
[b]You think Jesus Christ was just a man, despite all evidence to the contrary, including Jesus’ own words.

You are a Christ denier, whether you accept it or not, because you deny Christ was/is God in the flesh.

According to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, the purpose for which is is the Christ basically comes down to three ...[text shortened]... y Jesus during His ministry. You believe in a different gospel.

The truth will make you free.[/b]
<<In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, Jesus never claimed to be God. You've yet to make a cogent argument that He did. You haven't because you can't.>>

What did Jesus mean when He said He came down from heaven?

Jesus said He was God and agreed with those who came to that conclusion. The Jews had Him put to death for claiming to be God.

You apparently only believe part of the Gospels and only part of what Jesus said.

You can’t explain how the New Covenant is different from the covenant in the Old Testament; you can’t explain the Gospel accounts of Jesus’ miracles, which included raising three people from the dead; you can’t explain Jesus saying He came down from heaven and referring to Himself as God; you can’t explain the Gospel accounts of Jesus’ Resurrectuon; you can’t explain why you trust that the Gospel writers accurately quoted Jesus’ teachings but then made up everything else; you can’t explain the authority by which a mortal man set the terms by which someone would enter heaven; you can’t explain the Old Testament prophecies that spoke of Jesus’ purpose on earth and when He would arrive; and on and on.

T

Moves
17 Mar 18

<<In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, Jesus never claimed to be God. You've yet to make a cogent argument that He did. You haven't because you can't.>>

What did Jesus mean when He said He came down from heaven?

Jesus said He was God and agreed with those who came to that conclusion. The Jews had Him put to death for claiming to be ...[text shortened]... tament prophecies that spoke of Jesus’ purpose on earth and when He would arrive; and on and on.
If you believe that you can make a cogent argument that Jesus claimed to be God while He walked the Earth, then make it already. Actually make a case by citing passages where while He walked the Earth, Jesus actually made that claim. Actually make a cogent argument using those passages.

The truth is that there are no such passages.

The truth will make you free.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
If you believe that you can make a cogent argument that Jesus claimed to be God while He walked the Earth, then make it already. Actually make a case by citing passages where while He walked the Earth, Jesus actually made that claim. Actually make a cogent argument using those passages.

The truth is that there are no such passages.

The truth will make you free.
LOL. You can’t explain any of those points I raised because they utterly refute your false doctrine that Jesus was just a man.

Let’s start with five questions, and if you answer these, I’ll continue with more:

1) What do you think Jesus meant when He said He came down from heaven?

2) What do you think Jesus meant when He said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

3) What do you think Jesus meant when Thomas the Apostle said to Jesus, “My Lord and my God,” and Jesus replied, “Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.”

4) What do you think Jesus meant by His response to Peter in this passage?

“He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.”

5) What did Jesus mean in this answer to the high priest?

“Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?

And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.”