1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 10:29
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    “Keeps on sinning,” “continues to sin,” etc. are not speaking of commiting a single sin or sinning infrequently. It’s talking about not abandoning the habit or lifestyle of sinning. In other words, it’s speaking about willful sinning and sinning without repentance.

You can’t just cherry pick verses and ignore other verses in the same book and even in the same chapter.
    “Keeps on sinning,” “continues to sin,” etc. are not speaking of commiting a single sin or sinning infrequently. It’s talking about not abandoning the habit or lifestyle of sinning. In other words, it’s speaking about willful sinning and sinning without repentance.

If the author's intent was to convey the above, then he did an exceedingly poor job of doing so.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 10:481 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone

I'm hardly a "Christ denier". What I deny is the gospel that you believe in which is at odds with the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
    Just to clarify, how are you sure of the validity of the 'gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry?'

* A glimpse inside thinkofones's head:

1. OMG a question directed at me.
    2. What do I do, what do I do?
    3. If I answer I will have to defend my position.
    4. What do I do, what do I do?
    5. Quick deflect with a question of my own.
    6. Or I could call him a troll.
    7. I could liken him to Roman's or Becker.
    8. Better still, I'll just call his question inane.
    9. (Crafty edit) Or call him a child.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 10:57
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Just to clarify, how are you sure of the validity of the 'gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry?'

6. O ...[text shortened]...
    7. I could liken him to Roman's or Becker.
    lol. You're such a child.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 11:04
    lol. You're such a child.
    “Wisdom oft comes from the mouth of babes.”

George R.R. Martin - A Game of Thrones

(Derived from Psalms 8:2, "Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength).
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 13:54
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    [b] ... Go and sin no more Jesus said..

Therefore if she continues to sin then she will not be
    forgiven,
    absovled,
    set free,
    not condemned,
    released,
    made free, etc

Got it? Same with Christians. They are set forgiven, set free, etc. BUT if they continue to sin then they will have a give account. Nobody has eternal life security [except the chosen few in the time of Christ], not even Paul had that.[/b]
    And tell me, exactly WHO peed in your Cheerios that you think this is what ALL Christians do?

You can't even muster up any excitement for ANYone for being Christian, because somehow, for some reason you think ALL Christians are this way.

And you continually wonder why we say that you are always judging people. Because you do. You judge all Christians as a default. All Christians are "mouth worshippers" according to you, even though there is NO way you could know this. And so judging people is YOUR sin, which you seem to be incredibly loathe to 'give up' doing, and therefore unrepentant, and therefore you are doing what you merely assume all Christians do. How does that even make sense to you?

You often speak to us as if we were children, and yet the child here appears to be you. You stomp your feet and scream the same things over and over, as if you somehow believe that we 'don't get it' or that we have no idea what you're talking about, when we just disagree. You yourself prove that people are not sinless, even if they want to be. There was only one man who was, and we doubt that you are him. You keep blasting "church doctrine", and yet it becomes apparent that maybe you'd benefit from some, since your anti-Christian doctrine isn't doing it for you. At the very least, perhaps then you wouldn't be quite so happy believing that Christians are the worst people on the planet.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 13:54

You can’t just cherry pick verses and ignore other verses in the same book and even in the same chapter.
    You can't understand scripture without knowing God. You can't get him to understand what God has not shown him.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 20:19
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

6. O ...[text shortened]... ker.
    9. (Crafty edit) Or call him a child.
    Whats with attacking people you disagree with?

Is that how you treat your patients ?

You make the rookie mistake of thinking no one is smarter than you , not very Zen
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 20:21
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    And tell me, exactly WHO peed in your Cheerios that you think this is what ALL Christians do?

You can't even muster up any excitement for ANYone for being Christian, because somehow, for some reason you think ALL Christians are this way.

And you continually wonder why we say that you are always judging people. Because you do. You judge all Christia ...[text shortened]... hen you wouldn't be quite so happy believing that Christians are the worst people on the planet.
    There is judging and there is pointing to the truth.

Ok?
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 21:06
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Whats with attacking people you disagree with?

Is that how you treat your patients ?

You make the rookie mistake of thinking no one is smarter than you , not very Zen
    When is the old Karoly coming back? I rather liked the fellow.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 02:40
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    There is judging and there is pointing to the truth.

Ok?
    Duh.

And which do you think that I think Rajk does?

If you need further clarity, just read my post again. And if you need even more clarity than that, then stop talking the talk like a child, and start walking the walk, like an adult. Accept some responsibility for the things which fly out of your mouth.

These wah-wah noises you make don't help anybody.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 04:18
    What part of the following didn't you understand?
    [quote]1 John 1
    5This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
    6If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.
    7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have ...[text shortened]... spel that you believe in which is at odds with the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
    Have you not said that Jesus Christ was not God in the flesh? Do you not believe Jesus was a mortal man?

I suspect you’ll either ignore or dodge those simple, straightforward questions.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 04:21
    Originally posted by @suzianne

And you continually wonder why we say that you are always judging people. Because you do. You judge all Christia ...[text shortened]... hen you wouldn't be quite so happy believing that Christians are the worst people on the planet.
    Amen, sister!
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 04:24
    Have you not said that Jesus Christ was not God in the flesh? Do you not believe Jesus was a mortal man?

I suspect you’ll either ignore or dodge those simple, straightforward questions.
    When Jesus began His ministry, He declared the purpose for which He was "anointed" (see Luke 4):. The purpose for which He is the Christ. Christ means "anointed one". 
    1) To preach His gospel - These are the words He spoke while preaching His gospel during His ministry. 
    2) To give sight to the blind - To open the eyes of those blind to the will of God. The will of God is contained in His gospel. 
    3) To set free the captives - To FREE those who abide in His word from the slavery of committing sin. To FREE those who abide in His gospel (see John 8). 

According to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, the above is what makes Him the Christ. I'm hardly a "Christ denier". What I deny is the gospel that you believe in which is at odds with the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 04:46
    When Jesus began His ministry, He declared the purpose for which He was "anointed" (see Luke 4):. The purpose for which He is the Christ. Christ means "anointed one". 
    1) To preach His gospel - These are the words He spoke while preaching His gospel during His ministry. 
    2) To give sight to the blind - To open the eyes of those blind to the will of God ...[text shortened]... spel that you believe in which is at odds with the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
    John the Apostle declared Jesus Christ was God in the opening chapter of his Gospel:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.”

(John 1:1-18)

You think Jesus Christ was just a man, despite all evidence to the contrary, including Jesus’ own words.

You are a Christ denier, whether you accept it or not, because you deny Christ was/is God in the flesh.

These verses from John the Apostle, who was described in the Gospels as the Apostle whom Jesus loved, apply to you:

“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.”

(1 John 2:22-23)
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 07:04
    Amen, sister!
    On what basis do you call Suzianne your “sister”?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree