The  Eternal Son of God

The Eternal Son of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Jan 19

@thinkofone said
GoaD continues with his trolling.

GoaD continues with his mindless parroting of variations on DG's red herring.

GoaD is such a simp.
Spamming the thread with that repetitious post (irrespective of your lack of intellectual gravitas) is a violation of the terms of service.

I'll report the next one.

T

Moves
03 Jan 19
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Spamming the thread with that repetitious post (irrespective of your lack of intellectual gravitas) is a violation of the terms of service.

I'll report the next one.
While you're at it, why don't you also report your repetitious asking of the same question and variations thereof across multiple threads for months on end? You can report DG and KJ while you're at it.

GoaD continues with his trolling.

GoaD continues with his mindless parroting of variations on DG's red herring.

GoaD is such a simp.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jan 19
4 edits

@divegeester

Proud claims that you have refuted the eternal Son are to me your excursions into fantasy. It is in your imagination as far as I can see.

Think it if you wish.
To your question below.

In regards to the other part of your post which I’ve kept in my reply...of these three “simultaneous existing” “three persons”...which one do you pray to?

If a Christian feels to pray out to the Lord Jesus, that is wonderful.
If she feels to pray out to the Father in the next moment, that is wonderful.

What does the Bible say ? The Bible shows prayer to the Lord Jesus and prayer to the Father. And we can hardly detect any difference.
1.) Paul prayed to the Lord Jesus concerning a painful thorn in his flesh.
"Concerning this I entreated the Lord three times ... And He has said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.
(See 2 Cor. 12:8a,9)

2.) Stephen, being stoned, prayed to the Lord Jesus also.
And they stoned Stephen as he called upon the Lord and said, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!

And kneeling down, he cried out with a loud voice, LOrd, do not hold this sin against them. And when he had said this, he fell asleep." (Acts 7:59,60)

So I can call on the Lord Jesus, call on the Lord Jesus, and cry out or speak to the Lord Jesus.

3.) Paul also prayed to the Father.
"For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father, ... that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit into the inner man." (Eph. 3:16)

Do not cease giving thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers, That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation ... ( 1:16,17)

I can pray, petition, give thanks and request in prayer to the Father as well.

Of what concern is it to you? Whatever we are moved to do at the moment, we may pray to the Triune God.

4.) We can call in prayer on the name of the Lord Jesus together -
"But flee youthful lust, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." ( 2 Tim. 2:12)

And we may cry out in prayer "Abba Father" intimately praying to our "Daddy" - our "Abba".
"For you have not received a spirit of slavery bringing you into fear again, but you have received a spirit of sonship in which we cry Abba, Father! " (Rom. 8:15)

"And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, Abba Father!" (Gal. 4:6)

There is no competition. We need not worry about rivalry or either the Father or the Son or the Spirit having hurt feelings. We may pray to God the Son or God the Father.

We need all the help we can get.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jan 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

Proud claims that you have refuted the eternal Son are to me your excursions into fantasy. It is in your imagination as far as I can see.

Think it if you wish.
To your question below.

[quote] In regards to the other part of your post which I’ve kept in my reply...of these three “simultaneous existing” “three persons”...which one do you pray to?
[/q ...[text shortened]... hurt feelings. We may pray to God the Son or God the Father.

Hebrews 1:7-9 English Standard Version (ESV)
7 Of the angels he says,
“He makes his angels winds,
and his ministers a flame of fire.”
8 But of the Son he says,
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has anointed you
with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”

Psalm 45:6-8 English Standard Version (ESV)
6 Your throne, O God, is forever and ever.
The scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness;
7 you have loved righteousness and hated wickedness.
Therefore God, your God, has anointed you
with the oil of gladness beyond your companions;
8 your robes are all fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia.
From ivory palaces stringed instruments make you glad;

Acts 13:32-34 English Standard Version (ESV)
32 And we bring you the good news that what God promised to the fathers, 33 this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus, as also it is written in the second Psalm,
“‘You are my Son,
today I have begotten you.’
34 And as for the fact that he raised him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, he has spoken in this way,
“‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings of David.’

1 Kings 9:5
then I will establish your royal throne over Israel forever, as I promised David your father, saying, ‘You shall not lack a man on the throne of Israel.’

The promise of an eternal kingdom was given to the house of David, and it is in
the Son of the Most High, who is the Son of God coming from Heaven, as the Son
of Man. The promises of God are kept in God's timing in the manner that God
chooses to keep them. With Jesus there as the time before this life as in when He
declared, before Abraham "I am", then you see His walk in the gospels while He
was here, and His place at God's right hand, and His place in judgment in the
future.

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

It is no surprise people struggle with Jesus, either His humanity, or His Deity and
therefore miss Him as the Way, Truth, and Life.

F

Moves
04 Jan 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

Think it if you wish.
Does thinking it make divegeester a "heretic"?

Moves
04 Jan 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@divegeester

Think it if you wish.
To your question below.

[quote] In regards to the other part of your post which I’ve kept in my reply...of these three “simultaneous existing” “three persons”...which one do you pray to?
[/q ...[text shortened]... hurt feelings. We may pray to God the Son or God the Father.

The question (which as usual you have avoided) is: which of the three persons of the trinity do you pray to?

Moves
04 Jan 19

Moves
04 Jan 19
2 edits

Moves
04 Jan 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
John 8:58
Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

It is no surprise people struggle with Jesus, either His humanity, or His Deity and
therefore miss Him as the Way, Truth, and Life.
Who is it in this thread that you think is “struggling with Jesus, either His humanity, or His Deity and therefore missing Him as the Way, Truth, and Life.”? Neither sonship, Josephw or myself are “struggling” with this and it is not what the thread topic is about.

When Jesus said “before Abraham was, I am” he was declaring himself to be the “I AM” of the Old Testament, correct? Well thank you for proving my argument! YES, Jesus IS Jehovah of the Old Testament, the very same being wrapped in flesh, in human form, as a son himself. You are exactly right. Jesus IS Jehovah God himself not a separate different person. This sonship is simply Jehovah manifested/revealed in a different way. It is not another distinct person.

God declared in psalms and in Hebrews that on a certain day he had “become” the father of his “son”. Therefore at that point in time the sonship began, it had a beginning. Something that has a beginning cannot be eternal, by the very nature of its own definition.

Do you understand what this means? This truth means that the man made explanation of the Godhead, a teaching called “the trinity doctrine”, is irrelevant to understanding the nature of God in multiple manifestations. The concept of God as ONE person is more powerful, more focused and completely in line with scriptures, such as the one you quoted “before Abraham was, I AM”.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jan 19

@divegeester

The question (which as usual you have avoided) is: which of the three persons of the trinity do you pray to?

Liar.

Moves
04 Jan 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

Liar.
Now now come on.

Your post did not reply to my direct question to you personally, what gave was a generic reply stranger from the church’s pamphlet on prayer.

I’m askig YOU, when you sit or kneel to pray, which of the three persons of the trinity do you pray to?

Moves
04 Jan 19

KellyJay has me on his silly “ignore” list, so will probalby be thinking of a way to reply to my on topic, bang on point refutation to him above, by engaging via a reply to sonship. 🙄

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jan 19
2 edits

@divegeester

Identify the pamphlet.
I used no church pamplet. And had I done so it would have made no difference.
Your question was answered.

Dialogue with you is unprofitable. You're just not an honest man.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jan 19

@FMF

Didn't I tell you that you were full of crap ?

Just take that as what I have to say to you, and let's leave it at that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jan 19

Kelly, if you do feel to put this guy on some "ignore list" don't let him taunt you into changing your mind.

Couple of guys here think they are indispensable to discussion to the Forum.
They are not.

They can talk among themselves whatever they wish.
The Forum can function without catering to them.