1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 04:21
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Checkbaiter .. here is proof that you do not really believe that the teachings of Christ are sufficient for salvation. Christ is probably the only person in the Bible that spoke with such clarity and simplicity. A 10 year old child can read and understand what is required for salvation. You need to accept Christ and go ahead and get on with the business of d ...[text shortened]... - Matt 25.

Studying, translating, interpreting, researching is of no value on judgement day.
    Eph 3:4-5
    4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ),
    5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:
    (NKJ)

Eph 5:17
    17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
    (NKJ)

Here are some verses you should meditate upon....

Heb 5:12-14
    12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
    13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
    14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
    (NKJ)

1 Pet 2:2-3
    2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,
    3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
    (NKJ)
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 04:23
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Heb 11:6
    6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
    (NKJ)
    Diligently seeking God means doing the will of Christ, not engaging is excessive Bible Study and analysis. The Scribes and Pharisees were 'diligently seeking God' by excessive application and following of the Mosaic law and good works were ignored.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 04:57
    Diligently seeking God means doing the will of Christ, not engaging is excessive Bible Study and analysis. The Scribes and Pharisees were 'diligently seeking God' by excessive application and following of the Mosaic law and good works were ignored.
    Doing the will of God/Christ is doing what the word of God says.
    You can not know the will of God unless you get saved and then start reading your Bible daily and praying in the spirit. And worshiping him is spirit as well.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 05:10
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    You can not know the will of God unless you get saved and then start reading your Bible daily and praying in the spirit. And worshiping him is spirit as well.
    horsepoop! doing the will of god, is simply doing the will of god. your "saved" garbage is simply garbage, you goat.
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 05:18
    Matthew 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them:
    otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet
    before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the
    streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They
    have their reward.

6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy
    right hand doeth: 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father
    which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

have you got that part read yet , goat?
  6. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 05:36
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Don't you suppose that St Matthew chapter 25 represents the will of God?

Nemesio
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 05:58
    Then you will never understand God nor the bible. You need something or someone outside of yourself. Or at the very least, sincere prayer with a humble attitude, ask God Himself to show you what you need to know.
    He usually sends people.
    Tell him to send me Salma Hayek.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 14:482 edits
    not engaging is excessive Bible Study and analysis.

Your comment is common and foolish....

Matt 22:29
    29 Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God
    (NKJ)

2 Tim 2:14-16
    14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
    15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
    16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
    (KJV)
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 14:57
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Tell him to send me Salma Hayek.
    See, that is one of your problems....you lust and boast about it, as if it were "manly" or cool. But your type are a dime a dozen, full of lust, envy, hateful, arrogant and every evil desire. All you seem to do is attack God and His word. You are a professed unbeliever, so why do you spend your time on a spiritual forum? Get a life!
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 15:34
    See, that is one of your problems....you lust and boast about it, as if it were "manly" or cool. But your type are a dime a dozen, full of lust, envy, hateful, arrogant and every evil desire. All you seem to do is attack God and His word. You are a professed unbeliever, so why do you spend your time on a spiritual forum? Get a life!
    Spirituality is not merely for those whom believe in a God.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 16:072 edits
    [b]not engaging is excessive Bible Study and analysis.

Your comment is common and foolish....

Matt 22:29
    29 Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God
    (NKJ)

2 Tim 2:14-16
    14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about ...[text shortened]... ]
    16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
    (KJV)[/b]
    Checkbaiter, you cant be serious .. trying to use that Matt 22 verse to justify excessive Bibilcal study and analysis. Are you implying that Christ is going to condemn those who don't know the details of what is going to happen in the kingdom .. who is going to be married to whom etc etc ?

Dont get me wrong .. you can study the Bible all you want, but you should never let that be a substitute for doing what Matt 25 says to do (I am not all implying that you do that). This is where Bible scholars go wrong and its where the scribes and Pharisees went wrong. Its the reason why Christ said :

Mt:5:20: For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

In the same Matt 22 you brought up v 36 to 40 :

36: Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
    37: Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    38: This is the first and great commandment.
    39: And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    40: On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Thats the essence of salvation, Belief in God and Love Thy Neighbour.

Now everybody sins, No1 (and myself) might appreciate Selma Hayek. She is one of God's more exquisite creations. While I believe that adultry and lusting is not good people are going to be judged according to how much of Matt 25 they actually do, notwithstanding their sins. Read Peter's comment :

1Peter 2 : 8: And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 17:57
    Checkbaiter, you cant be serious .. trying to use that Matt 22 verse to justify excessive Bibilcal study and analysis. Are you implying that Christ is going to condemn those who don't know the details of what is going to happen in the kingdom .. who is going to be married to whom etc etc ?

Dont get me wrong .. you can study the Bible all you want, but yo ...[text shortened]... things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
    I agree with most of your comments. You do not have to be a bible scholar to be saved. But what you don't seem to understand is the latter part of your post. Are you serious about judgement? The very reason for Christ to be crucified and resurrected is so that we will not be judged for works. The salvation part of Christianity is a gift. Mattew 25 is still under the time of Law. So Christ is correct in His comments, but all that has changed since Pentecost of Acts chapter 2. That is what Dispensationalism is all about.
    If we were still under Law, people would still be sacrificing animals to atone for their sin. Jesus Christ was the end of the Law for righteousness.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 18:43
    I agree with most of your comments. You do not have to be a bible scholar to be saved. But what you don't seem to understand is the latter part of your post. Are you serious about judgement? The very reason for Christ to be crucified and resurrected is so that we will not be judged for works. The salvation part of Christianity is a gift. Mattew 25 is sti ...[text shortened]... rificing animals to atone for their sin. Jesus Christ was the end of the Law for righteousness.
    So .. lets see .. Christ did not know what he was talking about .. the validity of His words lasted only a few years. I guess James did not know about Pentecost and did not know what he was talking about either : James 2

20: But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
    21: Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
    22: Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
    23: And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
    24: Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
    25: Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
    26: For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

I know the verses in the Bible which you think supports dispensationalism. But Christ says He will judge according to works.. nobody has any authority to change that.

Are you willing to risk your salvation by misinterpreting Paul ?
  14. Belfast
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 19:34

Are you willing to risk your salvation by misinterpreting Paul ?
    How do you know that you aren't?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 19:44
    Originally posted by lukemcmullan
    How do you know that you aren't?
    I am not interpreting anything Paul said. The teachings of Christ is enough for me. Paul was meant to complement not contradict Christ so any interpretation of Paul that voids what Christ said is a misinterpretation by the reader.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree