1. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 03:17
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Jesus would have kicked an ignorant piece of s**t like you in the ballsz (assuming you have any, which is doubtful)..
    Sorry I upset you.....
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 03:23
    Why cant youall concentrate on the topic ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 03:37
    I've actually read it and don't rely for my interpretation on what some guy invented in the 1800's, you gullible jerk.
    Sorry for the name calling, but you can be annoying. As for reading the bible you should follow the advise of this eunich.

Acts 8:29-31
    29 Then the Spirit said to Philip, "Go near and overtake this chariot."
    30 So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, "Do you understand what you are reading?"
    31 And he said, "How can I, unless someone guides me?" And he asked Philip to come up and sit with him.
    (NKJ)

Now, I am not your teacher, but you really should go and listen to different preachers.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 03:39
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Sorry for the name calling, but you can be annoying. As for reading the bible you should follow the advise of this eunich.

Acts 8:29-31
    29 Then the Spirit said to Philip, "Go near and overtake this chariot."
    30 So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, "Do you understand what you are reading?"
    31 And he said, "How ...[text shortened]...

Now, I am not your teacher, but you really should go and listen to different preachers.
    I don't need other people to tell me what to think like you do.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 03:41
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Why cant youall concentrate on the topic ?
    The best part of this thread was the miraculous e-mail change from 666 to 69 after RBill's intercessory prayers. No one seems very interested in God's transforming power.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 03:42
    2 and 3 sounds contradictory. But anyway, I assume the whole point of religion is to get eternal life. We agree that if you follow the commandments of Christ you are 100% certain to acheive that. Why complicate matters with other theories that maybe incorrect, and you run the risk of diluting the importance of the teachings of Christ.
    Because to believe the bible, and it does require faith, one needs to understand the whole picture. We should not be after the things God gives, at least not primarily, but we should concentrate on seeking Him.
    We should try to understand His heart. What He wants....

Jer 9:23-24
    23 Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the mighty man glory in his might, nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
    24 But let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the LORD.
    (NKJ)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 03:46
    I don't need other people to tell me what to think like you do.
    Then you will never understand God nor the bible. You need something or someone outside of yourself. Or at the very least, sincere prayer with a humble attitude, ask God Himself to show you what you need to know.
    He usually sends people.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 03:50
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    The best part of this thread was the miraculous e-mail change from 666 to 69 after RBill's intercessory prayers. No one seems very interested in God's transforming power.
    I have a feeling RB had a better chance of getting salvation before he was transformed.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 03:51
    Then you will never understand God nor the bible. You need something or someone outside of yourself. Or at the very least, sincere prayer with a humble attitude, ask God Himself to show you what you need to know.
    He usually sends people.
    Why do you say that? He frequently cites Bible passages in his posts. Isn't No. 1's personality somewhat akin to John the Baptist's?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 03:52
    He usually sends people.
    I have to strongly disagree with this. You believe that people have to be 'called' or else they are doomed .. right ?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 03:59
    Because to believe the bible, and it does require faith, one needs to understand the whole picture. We should not be after the things God gives, at least not primarily, but we should concentrate on seeking Him.

23 Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let n ...[text shortened]... ness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the LORD.
    (NKJ)
    Disagree .. Christ says to come to him as a child. I thought that meant not to question what He says but to believe as a child would .. and simply accept His teachings. While additional Bible study and knowing the entire picture is useful its is not a necessary condition for eternal life.
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 03:591 edit

23 Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let n ...[text shortened]... ness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the LORD.
    (NKJ)
    "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the mighty man glory in his might, nor let the rich man glory in his riches;"

Is this the same god that claims to be omniscient, omnipotent and the Lord of all creation? (And wants everyone to worship him for it)

Sounds like a hypocrite to me...
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 04:11
    He usually sends people.
    Checkbaiter .. here is proof that you do not really believe that the teachings of Christ are sufficient for salvation. Christ is probably the only person in the Bible that spoke with such clarity and simplicity. A 10 year old child can read and understand what is required for salvation. You need to accept Christ and go ahead and get on with the business of doing good works - Matt 25.

Studying, translating, interpreting, researching is of no value on judgement day.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 04:14
    I have to strongly disagree with this. You believe that people have to be 'called' or else they are doomed .. right ?
    God wants "all" people to believe, but not all will.

1 Tim 2:3-5
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
    4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,
    (NKJ)
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 04:15
    Disagree .. Christ says to come to him as a child. I thought that meant not to question what He says but to believe as a child would .. and simply accept His teachings. While additional Bible study and knowing the entire picture is useful its is not a necessary condition for eternal life.
    Heb 11:6
    6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
    (NKJ)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree