1. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 09:25
    Originally posted by STANG
    Please refer to my "Questions for RB Hill" thread.
    This is spam, dude. Do you thrive on forum bans?
  2. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 09:29
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    I'm not trying to surprise you, just to express my disgust with this point of your religion.

Please explain why a person who spends his life saving the lives of thousands of children should be eteranally damned to hell if he happens to believe in the wrong god or just do it out of love for his fellow man, and yet a man who wastes his life and neve ...[text shortened]... about how much people stoke his infinite ego than about the humanity he supposedly would love.
    you make some good points here.
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 09:31
    I'm not trying to surprise you, just to express my disgust with this point of your religion.

Please explain why a person who spends his life saving the lives of thousands of children should be eteranally damned to hell if he happens to believe in the wrong god or just do it out of love for his fellow man, and yet a man who wastes his life and neve ...[text shortened]... about how much people stoke his infinite ego than about the humanity he supposedly would love.
    Why should innocent babies who die of SIDS before they are baptized go to hell, while a child molester who repents once he is too old to get it up anymore go to heaven?

Plurium interrogationum. You are assuming that innocent babies do indeed go to hell. I strongly disagree.
  4. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 09:391 edit
    for a person who does not believe in the Lord but spends their life helping others to go to Hell and another who don't do much but believes in the Lord to spend eternity in heaven does sound rather stupid?
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 09:441 edit
    Originally posted by windmill
    for a person who does not believe in the Lord but spends their life helping others to go to Hell and another who don't do much but believes in the Lord to spend eternity in heaven does sound rather stupid?
    Once again, you are assuming an unbeliever who lives a life of virtue to be relegated by default to the dungeons of hell.
  6. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 09:46
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [b]Why should innocent babies who die of SIDS before they are baptized go to hell, while a child molester who repents once he is too old to get it up anymore go to heaven?

Plurium interrogationum. You are assuming that innocent babies do indeed go to hell. I strongly disagree.[/b]
    http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2005/0502fea5.asp
    " Baptism is neccesary for salvation"

Also try taking a look at John 3:5 and Luke 18:15.
  7. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 09:48
    Once again, you are assuming an unbeliever who lives a life of virtue to be relegated by default to the dungeons of hell.
    i said it sounds stupid.
  8. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 09:58
    http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2005/0502fea5.asp
    "[b] Baptism is neccesary for salvation"

Also try taking a look at John 3:5 and Luke 18:15.[/b]
    Baptism is merely an external symbol of internal regeneration. I do not agree that baptism is a neccesary condition for salvation. Here are some verses that say nothing about baptism:

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Your second verse doesn't make sense - Luke 18:16 makes my point though:

Luk 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 10:10
    Baptism is merely an external symbol of internal regeneration. I do not agree that baptism is a neccesary condition for salvation. Here are some verses that say nothing about baptism:

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Rom 10:13 For who ...[text shortened]... Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
    Matthew 7:21: 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Thank goodness we had Paul write letters like Romans to correct Jesus' words.
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 10:141 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Matthew 7:21: 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Do you have to be so pedantic? My answer wasn't intended to be conclusive; A much wider selection of scripture -- including your quoted one -- would be necessary.
  11. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 10:19

Another example for the unimportance (technically) of baptism to attain salvation is the thief on the cross --

Luk 23:39 One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, "Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!"
    Luk 23:40 But the other rebuked him, saying, "Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation?
    Luk 23:41 And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong."
    Luk 23:42 And he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
    Luk 23:43 And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 13:03
    If God allows us free will then why would baptism make a difference ?
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 13:20
    Do you have to be so pedantic? My answer wasn't intended to be conclusive; A much wider selection of scripture -- including your quoted one -- would be necessary.
    I guess because the Matthew verse is directly contradicted by Romans 10:13 though I'm sure someone will do the appropriate hand stands to claim it isn't.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 14:52
    I guess because the Matthew verse is directly contradicted by Romans 10:13 though I'm sure someone will do the appropriate hand stands to claim it isn't.
    Preferably someone in a short skirt.
  15. Belfast
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 15:11
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    What's an Oxfam volunteer?...holding the hands of homesick and crying frsehmen from Oxford university? No Oxfam won't get you into heaven, no matter how many freshmen you cheer up
    http://www.oxfamireland.org/

Most people don't ask a question, then automatically assume they know the answer before someone replies.

If you're keen to know, why not look it up? Or was it just an attempt to put someone down?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree