The fool

The fool

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
08 Jan 06

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Jesus did not know the time or the hour when He would return, only the Father, among other things He did not know.
Dying wouln't be that bad if you had a heap of pain killers and knew you were coming back.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jan 06

Jesus did not know the time or the hour when He would return, only the Father, among other things He did not know.
OK.. so on all other matters His words can be trusted ? If not what other things didnt He know ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 06

Originally posted by Rajk999
OK.. so on all other matters His words can be trusted ? If not what other things didnt He know ?
As I stated already, He did not know the whole of God's plan. The details are unimportant for the time being.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jan 06

As I stated already, He did not know the whole of God's plan. The details are unimportant for the time being.
Maybe I need to ask more direct questions :

1. What, if any of what Christ said will you not trust as he did not know everything.

2. Is it possible that the message and commandments of Christs are incomplete ?

3. Can someone obtain salvation by doing ONLY what Christ said ?

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
08 Jan 06

Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
I'm not trying to surprise you, just to express my disgust with this point of your religion.

Please explain why a person who spends his life saving the lives of thousands of children should be eteranally damned to hell if he happens to believe in the wrong god or just do it out of love for his fellow man, and yet a man who wastes his life and neve ...[text shortened]... about how much people stoke his infinite ego than about the humanity he supposedly would love.
You are truely ignorant, my friend. Babies don't go to hell. Whoever told you that is a dumbass and you not much better for believing it...🙄...Once children reach the age of accountability (the time when they know right from wrong without a doubt), and for some it is different age, based on maturity, then they are held accountable for their destiny. If a man saves thousands of children's lives out of the kindness of his heart, it's more than likely that he will heve a relationship with the Lord. If he is a Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, I'm sure that God, in his infinite wisdom will not send this person to hell. We humans are finite thinkers. If God unveiled a fraction of what we already know, it would befuddle us to no end....that's why He demands faith and obedience on our part more than anything else to please Him.
Mark 9:37 says "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me". I don't judge people and say who is going to hell; all I di ids quote from the NIV Bible. God is more wiser than me. All sin can be forgiven except one: the absolute rejection Jesus Christ as your personal savior; it is that simple. People will be judged by their works once they get to heaven so that person who selflessly save thousands of children will have a greter reward than the person who just quietly went about life believing. It is better to get into Heaven by the skin of one's teeth than to be sent to Hell in a handbasket. The atheists, as good as their hearts may be, simply refuse to believe in God, and without belief, no manner of good works can get one into heaven without faith, or else we would be boasting about what we did more than the folks down the road. Faith is the key. May I sugget that you read the four books of the New Teastament starting with John and let me know what you think...fair enough?

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
08 Jan 06

Originally posted by STANG
Bush would come close.
LOL......you're a mess, STANG.......

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
08 Jan 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Matthew 7:21: 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Thank goodness we had Paul write letters like Romans to correct Jesus' words.
Even you should have seen the irony of this verse, but you use it as a weapon against God...what he meant was when fat-cat bankers and, dare I say it, Lawyers, finally come to the end of their lives after raping and pillaging hard working stiffs of their hard-eared monney, their calling on God out of fear of death and not true repentance, ain't gonna cut it.....

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
08 Jan 06

Originally posted by lukemcmullan
http://www.oxfamireland.org/

Most people don't ask a question, then automatically assume they know the answer before someone replies.

If you're keen to know, why not look it up? Or was it just an attempt to put someone down?
I'm sorry; I was in a obnoxious mood when I replied to your post. You are correct; I stand corrected...cheeers, and good work with your volunteerism...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 06

Originally posted by Rajk999
Maybe I need to ask more direct questions :

1. What, if any of what Christ said will you not trust as he did not know everything.

2. Is it possible that the message and commandments of Christs are incomplete ?

3. Can someone obtain salvation by doing ONLY what Christ said ?
1. Nothing He said is incomplete. I trust all He said.
2. Yes, since He didn't know all. He did the Fathers will at all times, but to complete His mission, He had to die and be resurrected.
3. Yes, John 3:16...Romans 10:9,10.

But understanding Dispensationalism will clear up many apparant contradictions.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by chancremechanic
Even you should have seen the irony of this verse, but you use it as a weapon against God...what he meant was when fat-cat bankers and, dare I say it, Lawyers, finally come to the end of their lives after raping and pillaging hard working stiffs of their hard-eared monney, their calling on God out of fear of death and not true repentance, ain't gonna cut it.....
Jesus would have kicked an ignorant piece of s**t like you in the ballsz (assuming you have any, which is doubtful)..

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Jan 06

2. Yes, since He didn't know all. He did the Fathers will at all times, but to complete His mission, He had to die and be resurrected.

Sure, saying that a document means one thing in one part, another in a second part and something else in a third part will clear up contradictions between the parts. That's why this doctrine was invented in the 1800's.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Jesus would have kicked an ignorant piece of s**t like you in the ballsz (assuming you have any, which is doubtful)..
What would an unbelieving little snit like you know about Jesus or the bible?
You are irrelevent and like a little mosquito on this forum.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
08 Jan 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
Well I don't think your Volunteer work is good. Without a relationship with God it is pointless.
That's mighty Christain of you to say...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jan 06

2 and 3 sounds contradictory. But anyway, I assume the whole point of religion is to get eternal life. We agree that if you follow the commandments of Christ you are 100% certain to acheive that. Why complicate matters with other theories that maybe incorrect, and you run the risk of diluting the importance of the teachings of Christ.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Jan 06

What would an unbelieving little snit like you know about Jesus or the bible?
You are irrelevent and like a little mosquito on this forum.
I've actually read it and don't rely for my interpretation on what some guy invented in the 1800's, you gullible jerk.