1. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 22:29
    No wonder he always gets banned, because he is a fool and all his post about God are vile. Instead of being against God he should repent and turn to God.[/b]
    are you suggesting that god banned him?
  2. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 22:53
    Originally posted by stocken
    Spirituality is not merely for those whom believe in a God.
    You are correct. Spirituality can come in the form of demon worship, Wiccan (Witchcraft), Druidism, Voodooism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Islamism, Judaism, Scientology, and last but not least, Christianity. I'm sure there are some more out there but they don't come mind right now....
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 23:04
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    You are correct. Spirituality can come in the form of demon worship, Wiccan (Witchcraft), Druidism, Voodooism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Islamism, Judaism, Scientology, and last but not least, Christianity. I'm sure there are some more out there but they don't come mind right now....
    ...zoroastrianism, magianism, gnosticism, atheism, agnosticism, animism, jainism, paganism, shamanism, sikhism...

Anyone care to try and continue? Just for the fun of it.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 23:361 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So .. lets see .. Christ did not know what he was talking about .. the validity of His words lasted only a few years. I guess James did not know about Pentecost and did not know what he was talking about either : James 2

20: But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
    21: Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had of ...[text shortened]... y authority to change that.

Are you willing to risk your salvation by misinterpreting Paul ?
    Christ did not know what he was talking about

I never said that, you did.

I guess James did not know about Pentecost and did not know what he was talking about either : James 2

James is addressed to Jews who were still abiding under the Law. But faith without works is dead. I don't disagree. But there are two ways to do works. One out of fear and one out of love. Grace and being free form the Law go by the latter.

But Christ says He will judge according to works.. nobody has any authority to change that

Christ will judge works for rewards only, not condemnation. That is, as far as Christians.

Are you willing to risk your salvation by misinterpreting Paul ?

Let me ask you something. Do you believe the whole bible or just the four gospels?

[i]
    Gal 1:11-12
    11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
    12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
    (NKJ)[i/]
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 00:20
    Checkbaiter You said:

"So Christ is correct in His comments, but all that has changed since Pentecost of Acts chapter 2."

Christ is correct.. but shortly after everything changed and his 'good works' commandments became void.
    You are saying He did not know that was going to happen.

Yes, I believe the entire Bible is Gods inspired word but not evreything is required for salvation. You only need to do the will of Christ and he will reward you.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 01:162 edits
    Checkbaiter You said:

"So Christ is correct in His comments, but all that has changed since Pentecost of Acts chapter 2."

Christ is correct.. but shortly after everything changed and his 'good works' commandments became void.
    You are saying He did not know that was going to happen.

Yes, I believe the entire Bible is Gods inspired word but not evrey ...[text shortened]... ng is required for salvation. You only need to do the will of Christ and he will reward you.
    Here is where we are at odds really...Jesus Christ is the Son of God, not God. That is why His knowledge was limited.
    Salvation requires the command of Romans 10:9,10....period.
    While the commandments of the gospels are good, they are simply a byproduct of loving God with all your heart and mind.
    Man in the gospels was still under law, that is my point.
    Jesus had not yet been crucified and resurected.
    The gift of God through Christ is much bigger than just salvation. It involves not only good works, but much more.

1 Cor 2:7-12
    7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
    8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
    10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
    11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
    12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
    (NKJ)
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 01:471 edit
    I think we better agree to disagree. Your beliefs to my mind seems risky. Its one thing to say that Christ did not know everthing eg the time of his second coming, but its quite another to say that his commandment about works only applies up until his resurrection.

The purpose of his death and resurrection was to give mankind a chance at eternal life as befoe it was not possible. So after accepting Christ then the work starts, the doing and the giving and the charity etc etc. Its not simply a matter of saying it with your mouth .. you have to do the will of Christ .. WORKS .

You are saying that Christ was mistaken when he said .. " Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." Little did he know how wrong he was.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 02:06
    I think we better agree to disagree. Your beliefs to my mind seems risky. Its one thing to say that Christ did not know everthing eg the time of his second coming, but its quite another to say that his commandment about works only applies up until his resurrection.

The purpose of his death and resurrection was to give mankind a chance at eternal life as b ...[text shortened]... arth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." Little did he know how wrong he was.
    I never said Jesus was mistaken...He always did the Fathers will...but only so much was revealed at that time for good reason...
    We are in a spiritual battle and to do the will of God we are to do much more than "good works" and live in fear, if you will, of losing our salvation.
    Salvation is irrevocable. That is the promise of God.
    But I understand where you are coming from...if you are content where you are...so be it ...God bless...

😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree