1. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 18:561 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well I don't think your Volunteer work is good. Without a relationship with God it is pointless.
    This is the kind of reasoning that causes the public to dislike Christians, RBHill.

You profess to be a Christian and a promoter/preacher of Christianity. You should pattern your life around the life of Christ. He associated with the bums and low-lifes and the prostitutes and the alcoholics of his time. He did not insult, belittle or condemn anyone except the leaders of the churches of Israel who he referred to as hypocrites.

Remember there was a time when Christ's disciples said there are others casting out devils and preaching but they were NOT WITH CHRIST. The disciples wanted CHrist to stop them. Christ responded with ... "He who is not against me is for me" In other words leave them alone.

Remember the 'Good Samaritan' .. do you think that Christ will agree with your statement .."I don't think your Volunteer work is good. Without a relationship with God it is pointless" ? Samaritans at that time had no relationship with God but yet it is entirely possible that Christ will overlook that in the day of judgement and grant him eternal life on the basis of his works.

I grew up among Hindus, Muslims and Christians. Christians enjoy condemning everyone else and saying that they have no hope. But, Hindus and Muslims have nothing but respect for Christ and treat him as a prophet and a man of God, hence they do not condemn. Hindus in particular habitually do the good works as listed by Christ in Matt 25 .. feed the poor, visit the sick and fatherless and widowed. DO you really think Christ wants a hypocritical, two-faced, selfish Christian in his kingdom ?

Christians like yourself will be in for a shock on judgement day. Brace yourself.
  2. Belfast
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 18:57
    Originally posted by stocken
    Wouldn't it be terribly amusing, though, if you went to hell? I mean not for you, obviously, but the tragic comedy of it all?

"As it turns out, the people destined for hell was those who didn't achieve anything on earth; but spent their time preaching, trying to convert others and waiting for the glorious afterlive in Heaven."

That's not likely ...[text shortened]... gh, is it? I mean why would God exist, create us and actually expect something from it all?
    That and the fact that asking a race to worship you is ridiculously narcissistic(sp).
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 18:58
    Originally posted by wucky3
    would you like to tell that to all the thousands of people that benefit from the kind work of volunteers. YOU are pointless RB...that has to be one of your worst comments yet. We can now add volunteers to the RBHill discrimination list.
    I know that you are lost and that is why you do not understand.

Volunteer work can not save you from hell fire, only Jesus can.
  4. Belfast
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:011 edit

I do not want to be "saved" if it means spending eternity with people like you. From a Bible point of view, you sound more like a Pharisee than a disciple of Jesus.

Judge not lest ye be judged yourself, or something.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:09

RBHILL, in Matt 25, Christ was crystal clear on who is going to be in his kingdom. Do you think you qualify ?
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:10
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    RBHILL, in Matt 25, Christ was crystal clear on who is going to be in his kingdom. Do you think you qualify ?
    The Sheep are the saved that know Christ and the Goat are the lost that do not know Christ. If you are an Athiest you are a goat no doubt about it.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:19
    Originally posted by David C
    WTF? How do I get to the top of that list, BDP??!?!
    By taking Jesus to court. 😵

It's possible that you may endorse another religion besides christianity, but if so, you don't mention it much on the forums.
  8. Belfast
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:201 edit
    The Sheep are the saved that know Christ and the Goat are the lost that do not know Christ. If you are an Athiest you are a goat no doubt about it.
    Well that's one interpretation. Who is to say yours is correct?

Or is this another situation where you just assume your belief to be correct?
  9. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:21
    Wucky isn't talking about volunteers doing that type of work TO GET SAVED.

They do it because people need help, plain and simple!

To paraphrase, the fool believes he knows all the answers.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:34
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    He gets banned for spamming. If the anti-religious got banned, then DavidC, Rwingett, no1, etc. etc. wouldn't be around long, would they?
    Actually, the last time I was banned (and this was automatically extended around 6 times !!!), I had only made this thread:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=35999
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:35
    This is for STANG

Psalm 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Footnotes:
    Psalm 14:1 The Hebrew words rendered fool in Psalms denote one who is morally deficient.

No wonder he always gets banned, because he is a fool and all his post about God are vile. Instead of being against God he should repent and turn to God.
    Infidel
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:39
    Well I don't think your Volunteer work is good. Without a relationship with God it is pointless.
    You're right.

Helping the homeless is pointless.
    Feeding the hungry is pointless.
    Giving hope to those who have none is pointless.

Christ certainly would never condone any charitable actions whatsoever because what's the bloody point? You need only give Him thoughtless lip service to have all your wrong-doings wiped out and gain free entry into Heaven. That's what's so beautiful about being completely deluded and brainwashed.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:43
    Read Matt 25 over Mr Dunce.

THE SHEEP WILL BE GIVEN SALVATION IF THEY DO GOOD WORKS.

BY DOING GOOD WORKS TO OTHERS YOU DO GOOD WORKS TO CHRIST.

BY FEEDING THE POOR ... ETC ETC ... YOU FEED CHRIST.

WHEN YOU FEED CHRIST HE WILL REWARD YOU.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Belfast
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:48
    ARGUMENT FROM THE BIBLE
    (1) [arbitrary passage from OT]
    (2) [arbitrary passage from NT]
    (3) Therefore, God exists.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree