1. Colorado
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:541 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well I don't think your Volunteer work is good. Without a relationship with God it is pointless.
    I John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Personally I think it all depends on the reasons behind our actions.

If an atheist does good works for himself, that is if he helps others so that he may be recognized before men, then he has received his reward. But if an atheist does charitable work because he loves people, then he is in touch with God whether he knows it or not.

In regards to the subject of this thread, I think it would be nice if Stang stayed banned. Psalm 14:1 seems to fit him to a tee. His threads are all the same negativity over and over again.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:54
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Why bother when you can just read John 3:16 over and over again? Stupid fucking Bible.
    Dont blame the Bible, Darvlay. Blame the idiots who willlfully misinterpret the Bible.

In John 3:16, John says you get salvation by believing in Christ. Christ says if you believe in me follow my commandments and do good works. So if you dont do good works you obviously dont beleive in Christ , regardless of what your mouth says. So RBHILL can talk about believing all he wants. Christ aint stupid.
  3. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:55
    I know that you are lost and that is why you do not understand.

Volunteer work can not save you from hell fire, only Jesus can.
    I know that your marbles are lost and that is why you do not understand.

Preaching can not save you from ignorance, only intelligence can.
  4. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 19:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Dont blame the Bible, Darvlay. Blame the idiots who willlfully misinterpret the Bible.

In John 3:16, John says you get salvation by believing in Christ. Christ says if you believe in me follow my commandments and do good works. So if you dont do good works you obviously dont beleive in Christ , regardless of what your mouth says. So RBHILL can talk about believing all he wants. Christ aint stupid.
    This is a good general point. When Jesus exhorted people to "believe" he may not have had in mind only or at all "assent intellectually to my divine status" but instead something like "take on board my general moral approach to life".
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 20:02

You're 100% correct. I just lashed out with some offensive language because I felt it was fitting.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 20:02
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    This is a good general point. When Jesus exhorted people to "believe" he may not have had in mind only or at all "assent intellectually to my divine status" but instead something like "take on board my general moral approach to life".
    EXACTLY .. Well put..
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 20:06
    Originally posted by darvlay
    You're 100% correct. I just lashed out with some offensive language because I felt it was fitting.
    Understandable ... some Christians (and I use that term loosely), bring out the worst in people with their arrogance.

Christ must have been the humblest of people. He was loved and respected by all except the church leaders at the time. Im am sure if we were lucky enough to live in His time we would have whole different perspective on religion.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 20:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 20:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 03:18
    This is for STANG

Psalm 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Footnotes:
    Psalm 14:1 The Hebrew words rendered fool in Psalms denote one who is morally deficient.

No wonder he always gets banned, because he is a fool and all his post about God are vile. Instead of being against God he should repent and turn to God.
    Ha ha ha burn goat burn!
    from Mathew 5:21....... whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 03:56
    Well I don't think your Volunteer work is good. Without a relationship with God it is pointless.
    Some people have faith, some have good deeds... faith cannot be seen, if you don't have good deeds.... but faith can be shown with good deeds....

KJVJames II 2:26

"2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

To make a mistake and blame you learn nothing......but to make a mistake and take
    responsiblity....one learns.

It is with good deeds and kindness to others, brings wisdom.....

Book of Proverbs

15:24, "The way of life winds upward for the wise, that he may depart from hell below."

gil
  12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 04:16
    This is the kind of reasoning that causes the public to dislike Christians, RBHill.

After reading this post, I gotta disagree.

You profess to be a Christian and a promoter/preacher of Christianity. You should pattern your life around the life of Christ. He associated with the bums and low-lifes and the prostitutes and the alcoholics of his time. He did not insult, belittle or condemn anyone except the leaders of the churches of Israel who he referred to as hypocrites.

The Lord didn't have to deal with anyone like modern day skeptics. I assure you if he had, they would have received the lashing they justly deserved. By the way, what "bums, low-lifes and alcoholics" did He associate with?

Remember there was a time when Christ's disciples said there are others casting out devils and preaching but they were NOT WITH CHRIST. The disciples wanted CHrist to stop them. Christ responded with ... "He who is not against me is for me" In other words leave them alone.

Which of course doesn't mean "don't share the Gospel with them". It means that whatever their motivation, the end result is good, so let them be, kind of like what Paul later echoed about "missionaries" who only preached Christ for glory.

Remember the 'Good Samaritan' .. do you think that Christ will agree with your statement .."I don't think your Volunteer work is good. Without a relationship with God it is pointless" ? Samaritans at that time had no relationship with God but yet it is entirely possible that Christ will overlook that in the day of judgement and grant him eternal life on the basis of his works.

In an atheistic worldview, why is the volunteer NOT pointless? It may not be in their subjective opinion, but in RB's it is, so why isn't it? Sucks to be a skeptic. You have to assume the theistic worldview in everyday life, but pretend you don't in debate.

By the way, it's not AT ALL possible that Christ will "overlook" that the Samaritan or anyone didn't have or desire a relationship with Him and grant him eternal life "on the basis of his works". Aside from directly contradicting Paul "for it is by grace that you are saved, not of works, so that no man may boast", you're making heaven out to be an amusement park rather than the fellowship with God it is. Will an atheist who did a few volunteer hours suddenly desire a relationship with God after death? Don't hold your breath.

I grew up among Hindus, Muslims and Christians. Christians enjoy condemning everyone else and saying that they have no hope. But, Hindus and Muslims have nothing but respect for Christ and treat him as a prophet and a man of God, hence they do not condemn. Hindus in particular habitually do the good works as listed by Christ in Matt 25 .. feed the poor, visit the sick and fatherless and widowed. DO you really think Christ wants a hypocritical, two-faced, selfish Christian in his kingdom ?

Excuse me as I first note the irony of you essentially saying "You monster, quit CONDEMNING people" as you condemn RBHill. Next, I would ask how RB is hypocritical? Is he not practicing what he is preaching? How exactly is he selfish, also? Does he derive some sort of gain from being insulted and ridiculed on a daily basis here? Please, o pious one, shed some light for me.

Christians like yourself will be in for a shock on judgement day. Brace yourself.

Right back at ya. That is, if you "profess" to be a Christian. I'm sure you don't, as that would be unbearably offensive to non-Christians, and heaven forbid you offend anyone...
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 04:19
    Read Matt 25 over Mr Dunce.

THE SHEEP WILL BE GIVEN SALVATION IF THEY DO GOOD WORKS.

BY DOING GOOD WORKS TO OTHERS YOU DO GOOD WORKS TO CHRIST.

BY FEEDING THE POOR ... ETC ETC ... YOU FEED CHRIST.

WHEN YOU FEED CHRIST HE WILL REWARD YOU.
    Of course since the Gospels were written to Christians and not to the general populace, the sheep *can only be* those already saved by faith, but whatever floats your soft-serve, yielding, PC, uber-tolerant "Christian" boat.
  14. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 04:31
    Originally posted by lukemcmullan
    Thanks for the drivel. Anyway if it's for STANG why not PM him instead of putting it here?

What that says is clearly rubbish.

[b]there is no one who does good.

Well I do my fair share of good. I am an Oxfam volunteer and don't believe in God. Does that mean I cannot do good?

Obviously the Bible is going to say this as it's a book to promote Christianity.

Biased sources are generally not considered valid ones.[/b]
    What's an Oxfam volunteer?...holding the hands of homesick and crying frsehmen from Oxford university? No Oxfam won't get you into heaven, no matter how many freshmen you cheer up
  15. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 04:35
    Originally posted by wucky3
    would you like to tell that to all the thousands of people that benefit from the kind work of volunteers. YOU are pointless RB...that has to be one of your worst comments yet. We can now add volunteers to the RBHill discrimination list.
    Hey, wucky, I think he meant that volunteer work alone won't get one into heaven...it helps if you have all the other cards in place, but Ted Bundy volunteering to carry books to the cars of his strangle-victims just doesn't cut it 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree