The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daniel

Napoli, Italia

Moves
22 Jul 07

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. ~ Pg. 31

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Jul 07

Worse than Voldemort?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jul 07

Originally posted by Stregone
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. ~ Pg. 31
Yea, that fictional god is bad, you should get the see the real God in the OT, that one is just and holy.
Kelly

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Jul 07

Originally posted by Stregone
It's a complete lie, told by a liar, to anyone that will believe it.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
22 Jul 07

Originally posted by josephw
Why do you think he would say such things?

h

Moves
22 Jul 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
His pants are on fire.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Jul 07

Spiritual blindness mainly, which causes him to perpetuate the misrepresentation of God.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
22 Jul 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
Yea, that fictional god is bad, you should get the see the real God in the OT, that one is just and holy.
Kelly
It's the one in the OT. Do you deny he did any of those things?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
22 Jul 07

Yet God himself does all those things. he kills children, he boasts about his jealousy. He kills people on a whim, quite often, in fact.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
22 Jul 07

Spiritual blindness mainly, which causes him to perpetuate the misrepresentation of God.
It's in the bible! How can it be a misrepresentation?!

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
22 Jul 07

Do you think Tammy Faye would love Richard Dawkins?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Jul 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
It's in the bible! How can it be a misrepresentation?!
Everyone knows that the bible can be made to say anything. And it is.
But it is intellectually dishonest to label God with those attributes and characteristics that can only be applied to man.

God is good. Man is bad. It's that simple. Do you think I am God's apologist? Nothing about God as told in the bible is acceptable to an atheist. All I can tell you is that your understanding is biased out of control, and is narrow minded.

Don't take that personally.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
22 Jul 07

But it is intellectually dishonest to label God with those attributes and characteristics that can only be applied to man.

God is good. Man is bad. It's that simple. Do you think I am God's apologist? Nothing about God as told in the bible is acceptable to an atheist. All I can tell y ...[text shortened]... understanding is biased out of control, and is narrow minded.

I don't.

Tell me, though. What part of killing the firstborn was "good"?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Jul 07

Do you think Tammy Faye would love Richard Dawkins?
You know, everybody says christains are supposed to love everybody, but that is hard to do. Sure, I say the spirit of Christ indwells me, and consequently I love my fellow man. And in that spirit I do. But I reserve the right to hate what I know is plainly the work and influence of Satan.

As far as Tammy is concerned, she was probably a good christian. In spite of her faults. We all have them. Gotta leave a little wobble room.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
22 Jul 07

God is good. Man is bad. It's that simple. Do you think I am God's apologist? Nothing about God as told in the bible is acceptable to an atheist. All I can tell y ...[text shortened]... understanding is biased out of control, and is narrow minded.

When you say that "God is good and man is bad. It's that simple", isn't it really a lot more complicated than that?