1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '15 04:36
    Originally posted by chaney3
    "...when you pour your heart out to God for help, and then find yourself drinking again, then either you are a failure.....or, God did not choose to help you. Either way, I must admit personally, that each time I failed, and drank again"

These are NOT chaney3 thoughts here, they are from AA.
    That proponents of an ideology ~ such as AA ~ would seek to blame you for the failure of their approach, rather than the ideology itself, is - in my book, anyway - a dog bites man story! 😉
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Aug '15 04:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    That proponents of an ideology ~ such as AA ~ would seek to blame you for the failure of their approach, rather than the ideology itself, is - in my book, anyway - a dog bites man story! 😉
    For ONCE FMF.......it has been good to talk with you, lol, lol. 🙂
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '15 04:41
    For ONCE FMF.......it has been good to talk with you, lol, lol. 🙂
    The problem at other times has been your random and ridiculous abusiveness. You must take personal responsibility for the negative consequences of your drunkenness and not blame your victims. It ought to be one of the first steps you take, I'd have thought. I wish you well in your endeavours to overcome your addiction.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Aug '15 04:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    The problem at other times has been your random and ridiculous abusiveness. You must take personal responsibility for the negative consequences of your drunkenness and not blame your victims. It ought to be one of the first steps you take, I'd have thought. I wish you well in your endeavours to overcome your addiction.
    You're on the verge of ruining it FMF, lol, lol.

Start a new thread on "If God answers prayer".

I will participate, soberly.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '15 05:00
    Start a new thread on "If God answers prayer".
    It's not a part of Christian ideology that interests me all that much.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Aug '15 12:393 edits
    Does God answer prayers upon request......all the time?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God answers prayer.
    It should be the normal Christian experience that prayers are effectively prayed and in His time are answered.

We should learn to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness. And trust that all "these things" such as our Father knows we need, will be added to us.

Derek Prince's series of 5 videos on the subject is prayer and petition are certainly worthwhile to hear.

1.) Thy Kingdom Come

YouTube&list=PLABDC21F765DDD03E

2.) Thy Kingdom Come

YouTube&list=PLABDC21F765DDD03E&index=2

3.) Thy Kingdom Come

YouTube&list=PLABDC21F765DDD03E&index=2

4.) Thy Kingdom Come

YouTube&index=4&list=PLAB

5.) Thy Kingdom Come

YouTube&index=4&list=PLABDC21F765DDD03E

See if you can get through at least the first two of these talks from someone with experience. Better yet, pray to see if God would have you listen to them.

When a person in AA begins the 12 steps, the 1st step being the admission of being powerless......ONLY God can help this person.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes just strong self will power can help some people.
    More often self will power can make things worse.

When one is trapped by the enjoyment of some sin he has to find something MORE enjoyable to be set free. Christ is more enjoyable than anything. You have to build up a habit of enjoying Christ.

I have always had trouble with this, because it has been my lifelong belief that God may answer prayers, but.....it seems quite particular when He does. If a person does not truly believe that God will intervene, simply because this person wants to stop drinking, then the entire system collapses with possible dire consequences.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We should realize that God is merciful and faithful. A person may be in a group with mixed ideas. Yet because they pour out their hearts to God, for His name's sake, and for His faithfulness He will answer them.

But human nature is too often to "use" God for a quick fix and then go our way. We have no thought of His plan, His kingdom, and how our healing fits into His eternal purpose.

It is good to tell God that you want deliverance not just for your personal happiness. Rather He needs your deliverance for His eternal purpose, His will on earth, and His kngdom.

This is a matter of consecration. And consecration should take place each morning - one day at a time. To build up a habit of turning over your day to God for His plan is very effective.

Some of the most effective help to me came from learning to start each day with Christ, His word and consecration.

You also often need companions. My experience is that somethings God will not allow you to overcome completely alone. He is building something on earth which involves a corporate coming together in love.

And, I have begged the question for many years.........why will God answer my prayer to stop drinking, yet.....not answer the prayer of an innocent child......who may be going through a tragic problem in life?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe if your learn to pray effectively and get your prayers to touch the throne of God, He will use your heart felt concern for children.

Rather than be crushed by the burden and anxiety on such a matter, I would consecrate to God so that my life could issue forth in effective prayers for every child which the Holy Spirit touches me to pray for.

I don't advize you to ingest a lot of talk from people whose agenda is to hurt what faith in Christ you have obtained.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree