1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 08:46
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Tell me your beliefs right now FMF, and I will answer.
    Take a look here: Thread 164662 - page 1.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 09:152 edits
    Dive.....you don't have any answers, Play macho if you want......but, you don't have a clue what God is.......or what He wants.

Neither does your boyfriend FMF........who is attacking me at the same time.

Both of you have NO idea what God's will is. Nobody does.
    Yes divegeesters faith is typical of that of a 'born again', christian, essentially a kind of emotionalism without rational basis. FMF is an apostate. He claims he was a Christian for many years although knows practically nothing about the Bible. One indeed wonders in what capacity he was an alleged Christian. Its a truly futile exercise to engage them in any kind of rational discussion. They are not objective enough.

As for Gods will the Bible makes it clear - 2 Peter 3:9

Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance

thus it is the will of God that all people attain to repentance 😀
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 09:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    [FMF] claims he was a Christian for many years although knows practically nothing about the Bible. One indeed wonders in what capacity he was an alleged Christian.
    As far as I can gather, the only Christians you acknowledge as being "true" Christians are members of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization, and I certainly have never made any claim to have been a member or to have subscribed to their version of Christianity. If that makes me "an alleged Christian" in the past, to your way of thinking, then that seems rather unremarkable. I don't see how it affects the questions I have been addressing to chaney3.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 09:38
    Its a truly futile exercise to engage them in any kind of rational discussion. They are not objective enough.
    I'm not sure the labels you would or would not attach to other people in this discussion is as telling a contribution as you could make here. What does the Christian in you have to say to chaney3 about what he has said about the Bible ~ surely you have something other than comments about other posters to offer him?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 09:38
    I have been honest on this forum regarding my drinking woes. Because of that, I was introduced to AA (Alcoholics Anonymous). In the beginning of AA, the founder, Bill Wilson was introduced to religious teachings, which helped him to recover. When he tried to spread his message of recovery, he realized a problem........that not all people believe in the sa ...[text shortened]... o.

I am not a troll. I am seeking answers to a question.....that frankly cannot be answered.
    I'm not sure where you get your information to make the judgments you have. I think you
    have begun a search for the truth to raise you life above what used to be, for that kudos.

What others know about God and what you do could be quite different, I'd hope that
    many others understand Him better than I do. I'd not suggest that no one has the right
    answers, and if we do have them I'd submit to you it will not be because we are some
    how better than the next guy, because that enlightenment would have to be gift of God
    as His grace is to us.

I wouldn't worry about those that bad mouth you, but I'd look at how you are treating them
    before you get really upset with them.

Go to God in prayer, read the scriptures yourself, pray, put in the time, pray. You will
    never get good crops in your field unless you work it. He is found by those that honestly
    seek Him, press towards the mark of the high calling of God.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 10:34
    I believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
    So you keep saying. Why do you believe this?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 10:36
    Its a truly futile exercise to engage them in any kind of rational discussion. They are not objective enough.
    Is calling people you disagree with "slobbering zombies" your idea of objectivity?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 10:38
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I wouldn't worry about those that bad mouth you, but I'd look at how you are treating them before you get really upset with them.
    Can you see anyone bad-mouthing chaney3?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 00:103 edits
    I have been honest on this forum regarding my drinking woes. Because of that, I was introduced to AA (Alcoholics Anonymous). In the beginning of AA, the founder, Bill Wilson was introduced to religious teachings, which helped him to recover. When he tried to spread his message of recovery, he realized a problem........that not all people believe in the sa ...[text shortened]... o.

I am not a troll. I am seeking answers to a question.....that frankly cannot be answered.
    Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your body And refreshment to your bones. Honor the LORD from your wealth And from the first of all your produce; So your barns will be filled with plenty And your vats will overflow with new wine. My son, do not reject the discipline of the LORD Or loathe His reproof, For whom the LORD loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.

(Proverbs 3:5-12 NASB)

Jehovah Witnesses have often quoted Proverbs 3:5 to others, but replace LORD with Jehovah.

But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus *came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” Then He *said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.” Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus *said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

(John 20:24-29 NASB)

Are you aware of the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo?

https://www.shroud.com/guscin.htm

YouTube
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 00:391 edit
    I believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

I do NOT believe that Jesus is God......in any way!!!!

Your belief in the Godhead.......is ridiculous to me Dive. None of it makes any sense at all.

Back to my OP. Since when is it a crime to believe in one's own opinion of the afterlife?

Who are you Dive??? Who are you FMF?????
    Did Jesus raise Himself from the grave or did God do it?

by Brad Huston

Before this question can be addressed directly, we must first agree upon what we mean when we say “God,” and we must agree upon the nature of Jesus. Jesus is, by His very nature, God (Phil. 2:6). “God” is not a person but a title given to the divine nature. There is only one God (Deut. 6:4, Is. 44:6)--one divine nature. However, God exists in three persons, the Trinity. The first person of the Trinity, whom Jesus called the Father, is often referred to as “God” and rightly so--the Father is God (1 Pet. 1:2-3). However, people often confuse the title “God” as referring only to the Father. The second and third persons of the Trinity, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit are also God (Heb. 1:8, Acts 5:3-4). So, there is one God existing in three persons. These persons are all distinct (Matt. 3:16-17). They are all equally God. The divine nature cannot be subdivided; God’s nature is infinite--infinity cannot be subtracted from or added to.

Though there is one God in three persons, the person of Jesus Christ has two natures. He has the divine nature (as previously demonstrated), but He also has a human nature and is fully human. He was born (Matt. 2:1) and took on human flesh (John 1:14). He suffered physically and emotionally (Heb. 5:7-8). Even after His ascension, He is called “man” (1 Tim. 2:5-6). So, Jesus could operate out of His human nature or His divine nature. As a man, He ate (Luke 24:42-43). As God, He calmed the storm (Matt. 8:26). So, while Christ’s body was dead, He remained alive (since God cannot die). This should not be a great surprise since human souls remain while the body decays (2 Cor. 5:8). Jesus’ human soul remained in the way that all human souls do while His divine substance remained unchanged (Mal. 3:6, Heb. 13:8).

So, would it have been possible that Jesus through His divine nature even while His human body lay dead, could have displayed His power through resurrection? Absolutely. Jesus, speaking of His body said, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” (John 2:19) Certainly, it was “God” who raised His body (Rom. 10:9, 1 Pet. 1:21), and Jesus is God. But Scripture also teaches that the Father raised Him (Gal. 1:1; Eph. 1:17,20). Even the Holy Spirit is said to have raised Him (Romans 8:11). So, the act of raising Jesus from the dead was not the operation merely of one person within the Trinity but was a cooperative act done by the power of the divine substance. The fact that the Bible teaches that God raised Jesus from the dead and that Jesus raised Himself is yet another testament to Christ’s divinity.

For more on the Trinity, see http://carm.org/trinity and http://carm.org/what-trinity.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 03:16

Chaney3, don't worry, live your life, keep seeking God with a humble heart. Things will change eventually.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 06:181 edit
    Ok. I am to believe something that happened about 2,000 years ago. It seems a bit absurd doesn't it?

The theory of Jesus is not my concern. But.......when will mankind realize that this is a possible story? You Dive....do you know the truth??????????

Tell us Dive. What is the truth????
    If you're going let the notion that the Bible is a load of crap inform your thinking on the credibility of mainstream Christianity then why, as others have asked, many times, do you hold to the belief that "Jesus is the son of God"?

I mean, what if Jesus did not exist at all? Reveal Hidden Content
    (the Bible is a load of crap right?... perhaps the writers of that book invented Jesus too)

What if "Jesus" was actually the daughter of God (lets say her real name was Sally), and the human writers said he was a bloke simply because they were sexist pigs?
    What if Jesus was actually just the son of another human (let's call him Billy Braggs) ?
    What if Jesus was actually the son of Lucifer?
    What if ... ?

Why have you reached the conclusion you hold? ... it seems utterly bizarre given your stance on the Bible.
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 06:322 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Fine by me.

But if you should suddenly find yourself suffering an attack of sincerity, here is the answer to your question in a post addressed to you: Thread 164662.
    Perhaps when he read it first time round he wasn't sober, and now refuses to re-read it on a matter of principle

Very strange!
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 07:58
    Dive.....you don't have any answers, Play macho if you want......but, you don't have a clue what God is.......or what He wants.

Neither does your boyfriend FMF........who is attacking me at the same time.

Both of you have NO idea what God's will is. Nobody does.
    This is incorrect.

Anyone who reads the Bible with faith does.

In fact, it's so abundantly clear that some without faith have found faith from an open-minded (and open-hearted) reading of the Bible. Read the entire thing and then tell me that "what is God's will" is unclear.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 08:06
    Yes divegeesters faith is typical of that of a 'born again', christian, essentially a kind of emotionalism without rational basis. FMF is an apostate. He claims he was a Christian for many years although knows practically nothing about the Bible. One indeed wonders in what capacity he was an alleged Christian. Its a truly futile exercise to engage ...[text shortened]... ll to attain to repentance

thus it is the will of God that all people attain to repentance 😀
    And of course your hatred of "born again" Christians is a direct result of your JW programming.

I find "born again" Christians to be the only true Christians. And you should too. Unless, of course, you don't believe what Christ himself said about the matter. As a matter of fact, if one has NOT been "born again" then they CANNOT be a Christian. It's a part of the definition. And by definition, I mean the real definition, not your derogatory "take" on it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree