1. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 06:13
    I have been honest on this forum regarding my drinking woes. Because of that, I was introduced to AA (Alcoholics Anonymous). In the beginning of AA, the founder, Bill Wilson was introduced to religious teachings, which helped him to recover. When he tried to spread his message of recovery, he realized a problem........that not all people believe in the same 'God'. So....he came up with a solution......that any member of AA can simply have a "God of their own understanding". This theory of believing in a 'God' of each persons understanding has VERY large implications.

Millions of people are involved with AA, and therefore, there are vast amounts of 'Gods' involved with recovery. The question is this: Who is right? Who has the correct God? I have asked this question in another thread.....with no real answer. The truth is that any given Christian, Catholic, Jew, Jehovah Witness, etc. believes that ONLY they have the correct God.

My personal belief: I believe in God, and I believe that Jesus is God's son. Anything after that is guessing, because the Bible is littered with controversy and contradiction. Even believing in Jesus requires faith, because it happened 2,000 years ago, and we were not there.

Divegeester does not realize (maybe) that he opened up a can of worms with the 'hell' issue. There is NO way, in my opinion, to have a God....who supposedly loves us.....and send us to hell at the same time. In my humble opinion......once Jesus was crucified, ALL humans are saved. Back to AA. This of course is my opinion, and my own 'God'.

If any posters on this site were honest.....really honest....they would admit that they have NO clue about God. Sure, we have a Bible, but.....can we really know Him? I say no.

I am not a troll. I am seeking answers to a question.....that frankly cannot be answered.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 06:27
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I have been honest on this forum regarding my drinking woes. Because of that, I was introduced to AA (Alcoholics Anonymous). In the beginning of AA, the founder, Bill Wilson was introduced to religious teachings, which helped him to recover. When he tried to spread his message of recovery, he realized a problem........that not all people believe in the sa ...[text shortened]... o.

I am not a troll. I am seeking answers to a question.....that frankly cannot be answered.
    Why should anyone believe what you have written here?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 06:33
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why should anyone believe what you have written here?
    Why would you question it? Do you really think I would admit flaws, and going to AA, just to troll?

I am seeking answers to a question that cannot be answered Dive.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 06:36
    Why would you question it? Do you really think I would admit flaws, and going to AA, just to troll?

I am seeking answers to a question that cannot be answered Dive.
    Your posting history here is littered with controversy and contradiction; how can we know that you are now being truthful?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 06:371 edit
    If any posters on this site were honest.....really honest....they would admit that they have NO clue about God. Sure, we have a Bible, but.....can we really know Him? I say no.
    What is not clear is why you continually cite what "God" has supposedly said while at the same time declaring the Bible to be "BS" and "man made" ~ and then refuse to reveal what your alternative source is for your claims about "our God".

Furthermore, as a non-Christian, you have taken it upon yourself to declare at least one Christian here to be a "fake Christian" seemingly because of a single point of doctrine regarding "hell" ~ while refusing to reveal what alternative source you have for your take on the afterlife, having dismissed the Bible.

I think people can back and have a look at your posting history and decide for themselves.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 06:39
    Why would you question it?
    Because you have admitted to posting while heavily drunk and you have been abusive and largely incoherent at those times.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 06:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Your posting history here is littered with controversy and contradiction; how can we know that you are now being truthful?
    Okay.....I agree. How can I defend myself when I have posted while drunk? I cannot.

That doesn't mean that I am a troll. It means I was stupid....hence the AA admission. When will you realize that I am seeking something that may be impossible to obtain?

Who among us truly know the truth?? I say NOBODY. We are all guessing from a book that was written thousands of years ago. I have a problem with this Dive.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 06:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is not clear is why you continually cite what "God" has supposedly said while at the same time declaring the Bible to be "BS" and "man made" ~ and then refuse to reveal what your alternative source is for your claims about "our God".

Furthermore, as a non-Christian, you have taken it upon yourself to declare at least one Christian here to be a "fake Chr ...[text shortened]... b]

I think people can back and have a look at your posting history and decide for themselves.
    F-YOU Fmf. Declare your beliefs now, or shut the hell up. I have admitted personal flaws here......stop being an a$$hole, and tell me what you believe. Jerk off.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 06:47
    F-YOU Fmf. Declare your beliefs now, or shut the hell up. I have admitted personal flaws here......stop being an a$$hole, and tell me what you believe. Jerk off.
    The comment you are replying to in this way was an attempt to address the question you raised in your OP.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 06:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    The comment you are replying to in this way was an attempt to address the question you raised in your OP.
    Wrong FMF. I asked you a question.....what are your personal beliefs? I laid out my soul in my OP.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:011 edit
    Wrong FMF. I asked you a question.....what are your personal beliefs? I laid out my soul in my OP.
    But I've already answered your question about my personal beliefs, after you asked me to, and I addressed it directly to you, 40 or so days ago on 30 June 2015, on page 1 of Thread 164662, and you, for all intents and purposes, ignored it by pretending not to understand my plain words, which I'd say casts some doubt on your sincerity when asking me in the first place.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:03
    My personal belief: I believe in God, and I believe that Jesus is God's son.
    You have declared the Bible to be "BS" and "man made" ~ so what is your source for your claims about Jesus and "God"?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    But I've already answered your question about my personal beliefs, after you asked me to, and I addressed it directly to you, 40 or so days ago on 30 June 2015, on page 1 of [threadid] 164662[/threadid], and you, for all intents and purposes, ignored it by pretending not to understand my plain words, which I'd say casts some doubt on your sincerity when asking me in the first place.
    Okay FMF.......for the sake of argument.....and.....for any possible readers of this forum. Can you please state your beliefs again....please. From memory....you were once a Christian, and now an atheist. I could be wrong......but, maybe not.

Why did you abandon Christianity? Answer the question FMF.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:111 edit
    Why did you abandon Christianity? Answer the question FMF.
    Because I don't believe the claims that Christians make about Jesus and about "God" based on their Bible. If the Bible no longer seems credible, then continuing to self-identify as a Christian becomes untenable. I have said this innumerable times on this forum. It's not in any shape or form a secret or something that I have not declared openly time and time again.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:12
    Can you please state your beliefs again....please.
    They are here on page 1 of Thread 164662 and thousands and thousands of my posts have expanded upon that over the years.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree