1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 08:09
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Go to God in prayer, read the scriptures yourself, pray, put in the time, pray. You will
    never get good crops in your field unless you work it. He is found by those that honestly
    seek Him, press towards the mark of the high calling of God.
    Yes, this. I fully and absolutely agree with this.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 08:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [quote]Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your body And refreshment to your bones. Honor the LORD from your wealth And from the first of all your pr ...[text shortened]... Sudarium of Oviedo?

https://www.shroud.com/guscin.htm

[youtube]pXXUeLETRgM[/youtube][/b]
    Outstanding testimony, Ron. Especially the Proverbs quote.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 08:301 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I have been honest on this forum regarding my drinking woes. Because of that, I was introduced to AA (Alcoholics Anonymous). In the beginning of AA, the founder, Bill Wilson was introduced to religious teachings, which helped him to recover. When he tried to spread his message of recovery, he realized a problem........that not all people believe in the sa ...[text shortened]... o.

I am not a troll. I am seeking answers to a question.....that frankly cannot be answered.
    So now you are going to AA meetings. That's a good start. Of course, their 12-step program for beating addiction has been widely hailed as really the only proven way to beat addiction. But you're doomed to failure if you continue to drink. Stay in touch with your sponsor, especially in the first few weeks and at least until you satisfy all 12 steps. Call them daily if that's what it takes. He, or she, is there for you. They've been where you are now. Use the resource as you need it, that's why the sponsor is there. Above and beyond what the Christians have said in this thread about praying and asking for wisdom and strength, I would invite you to PM me if you want. You need more encouragement than you're getting here.

Stay with your sponsor and call them if you need help. And remember, it's not "your fault" nor does it make you a "bad person" if you need help. We're all human, we all need help sometimes. Sobriety will be a daily battle for a while, eventually it gets somewhat easier. Above all, stay honest, especially with yourself and your sponsor. Rely on your sponsor for help and keep going to the meetings, no matter how uncomfortable they become for you. The work you do between meetings is crucial and necessary. Keep at it. It IS worth it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 13:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Outstanding testimony, Ron. Especially the Proverbs quote.
    I went and looked (I generally ignore his posts unless I'm bored), and I have to agree the scriptures RJHinds posted are spot on.

Shame he marred that little moment with the shroud rubbish.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 13:37
    So now you are going to AA meetings. That's a good start. Of course, their 12-step program for beating addiction has been widely hailed as really the only proven way to beat addiction. But you're doomed to failure if you continue to drink. Stay in touch with your sponsor, especially in the first few weeks and at least until you satisfy all 12 steps. Cal ...[text shortened]... r you. The work you do between meetings is crucial and necessary. Keep at it. It IS worth it.
    Well said.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 13:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Well said.
    Somehow the world seems a better place when the two of you agree on something.

Quick, say something positive about Robbie.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 13:51
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Somehow the world seems a better place when the two of you agree on something.

Quick, say something positive about Robbie.
    An excellent chess player with a varied and largely agreeable taste in music who is a dab-hand with various imaging software. A tenaciously loyal man with a large community of friends and associates and who is much more intelligent than his silly persona here portrays.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 13:56
    An excellent chess player with a varied and largely agreeable taste in music who is a dab-hand with various imaging software. A tenaciously loyal man with a large community of friends and associates and who is much more intelligent than his silly persona here portrays.
    Blimey, didn't expect that.

You Christians are full of surprises.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 14:00
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Blimey, didn't expect that.

You Christians are full of surprises.
    This forum is like the chessboard, black and white ruthlessness but not much to do with the real people and real life.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 14:01
    This forum is like the chessboard, black and white ruthlessness but not much to do with the real people and real life.
    More of a "cheeseboard" .... 😵
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 14:11
    I liked you before Div, but I like this side of you even better...🙂 I hope it continues past August..
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 14:18
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I liked you before Div, but I like this side of you even better...🙂 I hope it continues past August..
    That's why they call me 'Mr Nice Guy'
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 18:38
    "... not much to do with the real people and real life"? What are you talking about? Are you claiming that no one here shows any real side of themselves? Granted, many here like to project the best side of themselves to others, but I submit that it is all "real". And if one can read between the lines, many people, even those you assume to show no cracks in the armor, show they are just as "real" as anyone else. Yes, this is the "internet" and yes, it can be prudent to believe only that which has been "proven", but maybe you could take people a little more at "face value" and believe what people say until you have reason to not believe what they say. I'm just saying to apply more "Golden Rule". It always seems to be the people being the most "real" who open up that get attacked for not being "real" enough, especially by others who sit back and don't disclose anything about themselves.

Are we to assume by this statement of yours that you really don't believe what you just posted about Robbie, and only put that out there because you were asked to? That none of it is "real" anyways, and so it doesn't matter what you say here?

Clarification, my man. That's all I'm asking for. Because to me, this statement that the forum doesn't have much to do with the real people and real life to be a rather cold assessment yet perhaps not quite as true as it might be of the General Forum, for instance. I know you can easily point to your statement and claim that's why you participate in the forum warfare the way you do, but come on, man, this forum, more than most here on RHP, is FULL of "real" people with "real" lives. And to say that this forum has nothing to do with "reality" is doing them all a disservice.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 18:39
    Sorry if I ruined the "Kumbaya" moment.

Some would say it wasn't "real" anyways.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 18:493 edits
    "... not much to do with the real people and real life"? What are you talking about? Are you claiming that no one here shows any real side of themselves? Granted, many here like to project the best side of themselves to others, but I submit that it is all "real". And if one can read between the lines, many people, even those you assume to show no cracks ...[text shortened]... es. And to say that this forum has nothing to do with "reality" is doing them all a disservice.
    I guess we all have our own perspective and clearly your outburst indicates that you probably read more into this forum than I do. What I see is generally a bunch of American fundamentalist Chrisitans who lack principle and the courage of thier convictions to speak their mind against anyone who is in their little circle of friends and yet whom they disagree with. You are the worst example, being as you are the most outspoken against those you don't like and yet silent on the same issues with those you do. Whether or not this is the "real" you, remains to be seen I guess.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree