1. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:13
    Originally posted by chaney3
    My personal belief: I believe in God, and I believe that Jesus is God's son. Anything after that is guessing, .
    Actually, including that is either guessing or cultural. The real question is why did you draw the line at exactly that point? Even if you chose the Bible as your favourite holy book, that Jesus is Gods son is only one possible interpretation of the Bible and one not held by all Christians. So you have arbitrarily chosen which holy book to use and arbitrarily chosen how to interpret one aspect of it, and arbitrarily chosen when to stop choosing, but criticize others for arbitrarily going a little further.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because I don't believe the claims that Christians make about Jesus and about "God" based on the Bible. If the Bible no longer seems credible, then continuing to self-identify as a Christian becomes untenable. I have said this innumerable times on this forum. It's not in any shape or form a secret or something that I have not declared openly time and time again.
    Fine. But, what then is your belief???????

My OP is titled...the God of my understanding.

Who is your God FMF? And.......what does He expect from us? Is there a hell?

Do you not see the implications of people merely believing in any God they want?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:15
    Fine. But, what then is your belief???????

My OP is titled...the God of my understanding.

Who is your God FMF? And.......what does He expect from us? Is there a hell?

Do you not see the implications of people merely believing in any God they want?
    Why don't you just read what I said in that post on that thread back in June?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:15
    My personal belief: I believe in God, and I believe that Jesus is God's son.
    You have been unequivocal about your insistence that the Bible is "BS" and "man made" ~ so on what basis do you make your claims about Jesus and about "God"?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:16
    Wrong FMF. I asked you a question.....what are your personal beliefs? I laid out my soul in my OP.
    Err, no you didn't. You reiterated what you have already said about posting while drunk and added what many probably suspected about the level of your drinking, then you reaffirmed your contradictory stance on your beliefs.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually, including that is either guessing or cultural. The real question is why did you draw the line at exactly that point? Even if you chose the Bible as your favourite holy book, that Jesus is Gods son is only one possible interpretation of the Bible and one not held by all Christians. So you have arbitrarily chosen which holy book to use and arbitr ...[text shortened]... arily chosen when to stop choosing, but criticize others for arbitrarily going a little further.
    Do you realize that the entirety of Religion is based on a book?

In a different realm......we would be laughed at for basing an entire religion on 1 book.

How do we know what happened 2,000 years ago? WE DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Err, no you didn't. You reiterated what you have already said about posting while drunk and added what many probably suspected about the level of your drinking, then you reaffirmed your contradictory stance on your beliefs.
    Dive.....you are an idiot. Let me ask you this:

After over 1,000 posts on your hell issue, do you have any further knowledge, or influence on whether hell exists or not?

The answer is NO.....dipsh@t. because it is impossible for humans to know these things.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:37
    Originally posted by chaney3 to divegeester
    After over 1,000 posts on your hell issue, do you have any further knowledge, or influence on whether hell exists or not?
    I don't think any of the Christian believers in eternal torture have been able to make a good enough case to convince divegeester to change his belief on the matter and, to my way of thinking, they have also pointedly failed to make a morally coherent case for considering the grotesque vengeance and punishment in their torturer God ideology to be an example of "perfect justice".
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think any of the Christian believers in eternal torture have been able to make a good enough case to convince divegeester to change his belief on the matter and, to my way of thinking, they have also pointedly failed to make a morally coherent case for considering the grotesque vengeance and punishment in their torturer God ideology to be an example of "perfect justice".
    FMF, I have asked you to tell 'us' the forum people, what your belief is.

It would be helpful to know. I will wait patiently for your reply.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:48
    FMF, I have asked you to tell 'us' the forum people, what your belief is.

It would be helpful to know. I will wait patiently for your reply.
    Here: Thread 164662
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:49
    My personal belief: I believe in God, and I believe that Jesus is God's son.
    If, as you claim, the Bible is "BS" and "man made", how do you justify this specific claim you are making about Jesus?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 07:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    If, as you claim, the Bible is "BS" and "man made", how do you justify this specific claim you are making about Jesus?
    In my OP, I admitted to drinking while posting......lol, lol.....I don't think that's a crime?

The Bible has many flaws......and most Christians turn a blind eye to them. Most Christians will not confront the many, many flaws to the Bible.

Without guessing FMF. What is your belief? I am not interested in a link......I want an answer. Now.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 08:02
    In a different realm......we would be laughed at for basing an entire religion on 1 book.
    I can assure you that I am laughing at you right here in this realm. But no, religion is not just based on one book. There is a lot of culture and other things involved too.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 08:03
    In my OP, I admitted to drinking while posting......lol, lol.....I don't think that's a crime?
    It isn't a crime, but use of profanity is against the forum rules and subverting those rules by using creative spelling doesn't make it right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree