1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 02:23
    John 3:
    16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Ezekiel 18:21
    “But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is just and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

Ezekiel 18:23
    Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord God, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?

Ezekiel 18:32
    For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.”

Romans 5:8
    but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

A lot of talk about God hating, the main focus is that God does not want
    any to die in their sins, He is fighting for us not against us. He has taken
    our sins upon Him, Jesus became sin to save us. The very symbol that
    showed the wall between the most Holy and us was torn from top to
    bottom, Heaven to earth. To show us we can go to God now, the way
    has been make open by Jesus.

Mark 15:38
    And the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom.

God isn't against us, but for us.

Romans 8:31
    What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 02:34
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    John 3:
    16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Ezekiel 18:21
    “But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed a ...[text shortened]...

Romans 8:31
    What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
    Rajk999 has provided verses in his thread that oppose your OP.

The Bible does contain inconsistencies and contradictions KellyJay.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 04:28
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    God hates sin.

God loves his creation, so much so that he gave his only begotten Son so that we might not perish, but have everlasting life. How can you say that such a being hates us?

God does not hate man. That's Rajk.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 04:51
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    God hates sin.

God loves his creation, so much so that he gave his only begotten Son so that we might not perish, but have everlasting life. How can you say that such a being hates us?

I only pointed out the discrepancy.

They are both in the Bible.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 07:30

The Bible does contain inconsistencies and contradictions KellyJay.
    He is big on God hating, and the fact of the matter is God is still love. That is the
    motivation for reaching out to save us, which didn't have to happen. Why send Jesus,
    why would the Father do that except that He loves us even though we are sinners? The
    inconsistences and contradictions are due to us not scripture, we see the universe
    through our sinful eyes and hearts which are warped due to our sinful nature. Our own
    hearts without God are at odds with the God who is love, our hearts being so hard, sinful,
    selfish and self-righteous.

John 12:10
    So the chief priests made plans to put Lazarus to death as well,

The story of Lazarus typically is told and the point is that how powerful Jesus' life is while
    he walked the earth as one of us. I want to point something else out that was going on
    from a different perspective. The Chief Priest were religious people, that was their life, but
    God did something right in front of them, were they amazed and give God glory, no! They
    plotted to kill not only Jesus, but Lazarus as well. My point being God was trying to show
    them something, and due to their hard hearts they missed something so great! What is it
    God is trying to show us, is there is anything we are missing due to our hard hearts?

The great work of salvation God has done brings us back to God, it is a gift of God that
    did not have to be given yet was due to the motivation of God by His love for us. Missing
    this or trying to take credit for our own salvation instead of correctly giving God the glory
    for it is on us. Everything God has done satisfies all of His righteous requirements, He
    could not just forget the evil deeds we have done, there had to a shedding of blood for
    the remission of sin, good works are an the end result, not the earning of this great
    salvation. A sinner saved can receive the Holy Spirit, that will indwell in them, teaching us
    about God, leading our ways, showing us the works God has called us to do. Helping us
    over come the evil desires of our hearts, by walking with him instead fulfilling the desires
    of our wicked hearts before God, just trying to do good works without God will be a sinful
    heart at odds with God doing things for it's motivation not the Lords. Prayer to get right
    with God, confession of the mouth, the indwelling of the Spirit are because of what Jesus
    did not because we were worthy, we were never worthy, and will never be outside of
    Jesus Christ, which makes Him the solid foundation we can stand on, not our ability
    but His, we just obey due to the honor He has given us, and the power in our lives He
    gives us to serve Him, and resist the devil.

Ezekiel 36:26
    And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Acts 15:8
    And God, who knows the heart, bore witness to them, by giving them the Holy Spirit just as he did to us,

Romans 5:5
    and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Matthew 5:8
    “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Philippians 4:7
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 08:421 edit
    I only pointed out the discrepancy.

They are both in the Bible.
    I beg to differ a little bit.

Stand under the stars at night, Look out into the infinity of creation, Wouldn't you expect the Creator of such a universe to have more than just ONE side to His personality ?

Why would you assume that the Originator of such a complex and vast creation only has one personal trait which you like.

His eternal love for righteousness adn justice is one side. His corresponding eternal hatred for injustice and unrighteousness is the necessary other side of that attribute.

I'm not fully sure about your "Bible has contradictions" thought.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 09:59
    He is big on God hating, and the fact of the matter is God is still love. That is the
    motivation for reaching out to save us, which didn't have to happen. Why send Jesus,
    why would the Father do that except that He loves us even though we are sinners? The
    inconsistences and contradictions are due to us not scripture, we see the universe
    through our sin ...[text shortened]... f God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
    Thankyou. Amen to all these things.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 10:281 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I beg to differ a little bit.

Stand under the stars at night, Look out into the infinity of creation, Wouldn't you expect the Creator of such a universe to have more than just ONE side to His personality ?

Why would you assume that the Originator of such a complex and vast creation only has one personal trait which you like.

His eternal love for ...[text shortened]... r side of that attribute.

I'm not fully sure about your "Bible has contradictions" thought.
    If Jesus loves all sinners so much so that he would come in the flesh and die for them....how come he will burn them alive for all eternity?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 10:291 edit
    Stand under the stars at night, Look out into the infinity of creation...
    Creation is not “infinite” it is finite both in physical scale and time.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 11:00
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    God hates sin.

Paul said that you will be saved if you have some kids.
    Go get saved.
    He also said 'HUSH !!'
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 11:082 edits
    through our sin ...[text shortened]... f God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
    The haters are people like you KJ.
    YOU ... You have twisted the Bible completely out of shape.
    You have taken the word of God and made it into a false doctrine.

Here is the truth from the Bible:
    God hates sin and loves righteousness.
    God is battling Satan from Genesis to Revelation
    All righteousness is of God
    All sin is of the Devil.
    God sent his Son Jesus to destroy sin

BUT you and your doctrine promote sin and evil
    You and your doctrine are not of God
    You promote a doctrine of segregation and discrimination
    Christians alone will be found righteous and they only can get eternal life
    All other people will be cast into eternal torment.

Mouthworshipers enter the Kingdom is your doctrine
    Others who promote no mouthworship will be tormented for eternity

Gods love is for all of humanity.
    All who live righteously will enter the Kingdom of God
    Those are the teachings of Jesus Christ.
    Foolishness about Christians having the Holy Spirit and therefore righteous is nonsense.

The most hatred promoted in the world is from the Christian community
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 12:29
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    If Jesus loves all sinners so much so that he would come in the flesh and die for them....how come he will burn them alive for all eternity?
    Why should you not be punished forever if you cannot be reconciled to God?

I don't think one should be punished forever if he is not reconciled to his spouse or his child or his earthly parents or his enemy or his boss or his neighbor.

But if one cannot be reconciled to God ... why should he not be punished forever ?

If I cannot be reconciled to the Ground of all Being, the One for Whom a greater is impossible to exist, the source of truth, the eternal Love that took on flesh and died in my place - give me a reason why I should not be punished forever.

I would be forever an enemy of Reality.

Your question to me indicates that you may not grasp Who it was who was nailed for you on the cross.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 12:41
    Why should you not be punished forever if you cannot be reconciled to God?

I don't think one should be punished forever if he is not reconciled to his spouse or his child or his earthly parents or his enemy or his boss or his neighbor.

But if one cannot be reconciled to God ... why should he not be punished forever ?

If I cannot be reconciled to ...[text shortened]... question to me indicates that you may not grasp Who it was who was nailed for you on the cross.
    You are sick disgusting man. The more you talk the more your hatred emerges.

God will punish evildoers by destroying them. Not by tormenting them for eternity. There is no part of the Bible that says God will torment people for ever, who are not reconciled to God. That is the doctrine of your crooked church.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 01:58
    This life it temporary right now we are all experiencing God's long suffering, instead of
    blasting us as soon as we sin against Him we are given room to repent, eternity is simply
    where we all end up, the end result is based upon our lives/works all of which has
    consequences for all of us. Some of us due to God's grace have their sins washed away
    by the blood of Jesus since the Father sent Him here for us to save us. Others who
    ignored this great salvation, thought it unworthy of their time, effort, or simply put it off to
    a day they never lived long enough to see died in their sins, will stand before God and
    give a full account of each of their sins, even idle words.

So as great as God's mercy is, His wrath will be just as great, when we get his grace it is
    complete no condemnation in it, when His wrath is poured out, do you think there will be
    mercy mixed into it, or will full cup of His anger will be poured out without mercy mixed in?

A terrible thing to fall into the hands of an angry God!
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 02:01
    Creation is not “infinite” it is finite both in physical scale and time.
    I agree, God is infinite the universe and even time cannot contain Him, He transends His
    creation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree