1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 09:03
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Hell and eternal suffering, like so much in Reveleation, are not literal.

You’ve just had it drummed into you through decades of programming that it’s real.
    I'm not denying parts of scripture I dislike and suggesting only those parts I do like that suit
    me are the good parts. Like quite a few do, and those that have itching hears that just want
    to hear what they want to hear.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 09:16
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I'm not denying parts of scripture I dislike and suggesting only those parts I do like that suit
    me are the good parts. Like quite a few do, and those that have itching hears that just want
    to hear what they want to hear.
    How did you decide that there is an eternal hell and do you also believe that there is a literal whore riding a literal beast drinking literal human blood?

What’s the difference?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 09:27
    How did you decide that there is an eternal hell and do you also believe that there is a literal whore riding a literal beast drinking literal human blood?

What’s the difference?
    There are lots of scripture when I shared with you I gave you one, read it and we can
    discuss the passage.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 09:45
    Originally posted by @sonship
    But if one cannot be reconciled to God ... why should he not be punished forever ?
    Why should one be "punished" at all for finding Christian doctrine unbelievable? Answer me that in a coherent fashion, and then we can talk about the "forever" bit.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 09:50
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Why should one be "punished" at all for finding Christian doctrine unbelievable? Answer me that in a coherent fashion, and then we can talk about the "forever" bit.
    God's Kingdom is the only reality there is, and if He judges us saying depart, it will be for
    the sins of this life. You think good people are going to be kept of a bad God's Kingdom, or
    a good God is going to be keeping bad people out of His Kingdom?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 09:52
    God's Kingdom is the only reality there is, and if He judges us saying depart, it will be for
    the sins of this life. You think good people are going to be kept of a bad God's Kingdom, or
    a good God is going to be keeping bad people out of His Kingdom?
    Your god figure punishes everyone for their "sins"? Are you sure?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 10:11
    All sin will be dealt with, either through the blood of Jesus Christ, or those who die in their
    sins will stand before God and be give an account. Yes, I'm sure! God is Holy and Just,
    He will deal with sin and He should, the amazing thing about us and God is that He did
    react to us in a way of mercy and love when He didn't have too. So if we neglect this
    great salvation we will receive what is coming without exception.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 10:13
    I would also disagree, He isn't my god figure, He is God and my creator not the other way
    around. The god you rejected may have been between your ears the whole time, but that
    is limited to you no one else.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 10:16
    I would also disagree, He isn't my god figure...
    He certainly is. He isn't the god figure of my neighbours, for instance. But he is yours.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 10:201 edit
    The god you rejected may have been between your ears the whole time, but that
    is limited to you no one else.
    The "god [I] rejected" was, in fact, the mundane ideology-plus-belief-in-the-supernatural you subscribe to. All those ideas you have exist between your ears just as mine exist between my ears.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 10:21
    All sin will be dealt with, either through the blood of Jesus Christ, or those who die in their sins will stand before God and be give an account.
    So will you be punished for your "sins" or not?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 10:231 edit
    God is Holy and Just, He will deal with sin and He should, the amazing thing about us and God is that He did react to us in a way of mercy and love when He didn't have too. So if we neglect this great salvation we will receive what is coming without exception.
    So why should one be "punished" finding Christian doctrine unbelievable? It seems your answer is 'because my god says so'. Is that all you've got?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 11:27
    So why should one be "punished" finding Christian doctrine unbelievable? It seems your answer is 'because my god says so'. Is that all you've got?
    Well He doesn’t have a God complex, because He is God. So He created everything, holds it all together by the power of His Word, and He will have mercy on who He will have mercy, and judge who He will judge. It is all His and those that reject Him do so to their own hurt!
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 11:42
    Well He doesn’t have a God complex, because He is God. So He created everything, holds it all together by the power of His Word, and He will have mercy on who He will have mercy, and judge who He will judge. It is all His and those that reject Him do so to their own hurt!
    Kind of similar to the philosophy/justification of gangsterism, then.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 11:548 edits
    I reject your god outright and unequivocally.

So you reject the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Where does the Bible say God keeps them alive to torment them ?

If God keeps them alive why is it that the verses I find about going to an eternal punishment are about the DEAD ? (Most of them).

The rich man who went to a place of torment in Luke 16:19-31 clearly DIED, says my Lord Jesus, whom you outright and unequivocally reject.

"And the beggar died and, and he was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom;

and the rich man also DIED and was buried. And in HADES he lifted up his eyes, being in torment ..." (Luke 16:22,23)

So you're lying to me to say Jesus is about keeping them alive.

Again, Revelation 20 says John didn't see the living but the DEAD about to be judged.

"And I saw the DEAD, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened ..." (Rev. 20:12a)

So you lie there to teach that God is keeping them alive.

Now Matthew 25:46 does say they go away into eternal punishment. And they are alive at that time.

Where does it say Christ is KEEPING them alive?

Both Luke 12:5 and Matt. 10:28 speak about God's authority and power to punish AFTER man has died. So you lie there too to insist that God keeps them alive.

" But I will show you whom you should fear: fear Him who, AFTER KILLING, has the authority to cast into Gehenna; yes I say, fear this One." (Luke 12:5)

"And do not fear those who kill the body; but are not able to kill the soul, but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna." (Matt. 10:28)

So that verse is neither about God keeping someone alive to torment them.

You see, you have to lie about Jesus Christ in order to say you outright and unequivocally reject Him.

Revelation 19:20 says Antichrist and the False Prophet were cast alive into the lake of fire.

"And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet, who in his presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image.

These two were cast ALIVE into the lake of fire, which burns with brimstone." (Rev. 19:20)

But where does it say that Christ KEEPS them alive ?

So you have to lie about God in order to unequivocally reject Him.

Your next post can show unquestionably that the Bible says that God kept someone alive to be tormented forever.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree