1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 12:16
    Yes, and everything the Bible says about heaven and eternal life is all metaphorical. None of it is real.

Believe FMF. God is merely a "figure" invented by man to cause fear in the masses in order to subjugate them to be ruled over by kings and priests and the higher order of evolved humans.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 14:07
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I've given you passages of text for the points I have made. I have pointed out to you
    where you and Jesus are at odds, and what did you do, twisted it completely out of
    shape to save your doctrine and ignore Jesus' words, He clearly said He would deny any
    if we denied Him, Atheist deny Jesus, then they will not be accepted! I don't think you
    want to im ...[text shortened]...
    He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
    You continue with your nonsense.

There are two ways to deny Christ
    1. By your words
    2. By your works

Since Jesus looks at the heart of man then #1 by words is superficial and irrelevant. A man who does not even know of Jesus Christ the Son of God [ie he professes nothing] can live in righteousness and good works and he will enter the kingdom of God. This is what Paul said in Romans 2:15.

Those professing words MUST CONTINUE ON WITH #2 which is to demonstrated their words by their works. This is stated all over the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.

There are some Christians who fall into this category

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. (Titus 1:16 KJV)
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 14:20
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Believe FMF. God is merely a "figure" invented by man to cause fear in the masses in order to subjugate them to be ruled over by kings and priests and the higher order of evolved humans.
    Yes. Gods - as is apparent from the religions I've encountered, including yours - is or are merely supernatural figures invented by man. Just sharing my non-religionist perspective. I have never asked anyone to "believe me". However, I am not sure I'd go so far as to say it was "invented by man to cause fear in the masses in order to subjugate them to be ruled over by kings and priests and the higher order of evolved humans". It sounds like you're getting me mixed up with sonhouse. It sounds like the sort of things he says.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 14:22
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Where does the Bible say God keeps them alive to torment them ?
    Didn't you claim that non-Christians are hung out burning on chains? Do you now mean to say they die because of this?
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 15:41
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Yes. Gods - as is apparent from the religions I've encountered, including yours - is or are merely supernatural figures invented by man. Just sharing my non-religionist perspective. I have never asked anyone to "believe me". However, I am not sure I'd go so far as to say it was "invented by man to cause fear in the masses in order to subjugate them to be ruled ...[text shortened]... sounds like you're getting me mixed up with sonhouse. It sounds like the sort of things he says.
    Yes, it was an amalgamated post I made not intended to mean or infer that it was about what you may or may not believe beyond the idea you hold about religion or religious people or "holy books" being propagators of a "god figure".

And yes, you have to prerogative to share whatever ideas or beliefs you have regarding the topics and subjects discussed in this forum whether you're right or wrong.

Having said that, it would be disingenuous of you to say that you aren't actively promoting what you do believe in opposition to the beliefs of others, which means, by extension and by default, you're admitting that there is right and wrong, true and false and good and evil. In other words you are agreeing that there are absolute and irrefutable truths to be known.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 15:45
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Didn't you claim that non-Christians are hung out burning on chains? Do you now mean to say they die because of this?
    You're splitting hairs.

The biblical narrative is indisputable. Those who reject Christ suffer everlasting destruction while those who by faith trust in Christ receive eternal life.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 16:04
    T hose who reject Christ suffer everlasting destruction while those who by faith trust in Christ receive eternal life.
    You are going to in for a few surprises church boy. Who faces everlasting destruction ?

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 KJV)

those who do not obey the commandments of Christ.

Who receives eternal life ?

[i]When the Son of man shall come in his glory, ... he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. .. And these [the goats] shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. (Matthew 25:31-46 KJV)

The righteous sheep who do good works
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 16:43
    Originally posted by @rajk999

1. By your words
    2. By your works

Since Jesus looks at the heart of man then #1 by words is superficial and irrelevant. A man who does not even know of Jesus Christ the Son of God [ie he professes nothing] can live in righteousness and good works and he will enter the kingdom of God. ...[text shortened]... him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. (Titus 1:16 KJV)[/i]
    You seem to be at odds with Jesus with most of your doctrine since we will give an account of all our words. Denying Jesus will result in being denied by Him. You should learn to take Jesus words more seriously.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 16:511 edit

1. By your words
    2. By your works

Since Jesus looks at the heart of man then #1 by words is superficial and irrelevant. A man who does not even know of Jesus Christ the Son of God [ie he professes nothing] can live in righteousness and good works and he will enter the kingdom of God. ...[text shortened]... him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. (Titus 1:16 KJV)[/i]
    Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, its your mouth that reveals what is in your heart. So showing hate, condemning others by judging them, being a hateful person in conversation shows your heart as your deeds do too.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 16:59
    You seem to be at odds with Jesus with most of your doctrine since we will give an account of all our words. Denying Jesus will result in being denied by Him. You should learn to take Jesus words more seriously.
    In everything I can think of there are two aspects
    - what one says
    - what one does.

A man will hear what his wife says, but it is what she does that matters
    A mother will listen to her kids, but will judge them by what they do
    An employer will hear workers talk of their skills, but rather them show what they can do.
    God is the same as the bible makes clear.

God dislikes professions with the mouth, and people will be judged by their actions. You promote talk and professions of faith. Clearly you devalue the critical importance of actions. Doers are justified in the eyes of God. I know you will counter will some nonsense that only Christians with the Spirit of Christ can do good works but that is just plain garbage. The Spirit of Christ gives the Christian and advantage. There are people in all walks of life who are capable of doing good works and living righteously and they are not Christians. That is a fact which you cannot deny.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 17:03
    In everything I can think of there are two aspects
    - what one says
    - what one does.

A man will hear what his wife says, but it is what she does that matters
    A mother will listen to her kids, but will judge them by what they do
    An employer will hear workers talk of their skills, but rather them show what they can do.
    God is the same as the bible make ...[text shortened]... works and living righteously and they are not Christians. That is a fact which you cannot deny.
    I think you should just meditate on what Jesus says instead of ignoring him when it suits you!
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 17:101 edit
    I think you should just meditate on what Jesus says instead of ignoring him when it suits you!
    The Bible is all about doing and its these doers who will enter the Kingdom of God.

Talk is supposed to encourage and motivate the believer. Talk on its own is nothing and worthless before God. Talkers who fail to DO, will be cast out of the Kingdom.

When your argument fails then I must meditate? What a weak man you are pal.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 17:46
    The Bible is all about doing and its these doers who will enter the Kingdom of God.

Talk is supposed to encourage and motivate the believer. Talk on its own is nothing and worthless before God. Talkers who fail to DO, will be cast out of the Kingdom.

When your argument fails then I must meditate? What a weak man you are pal.
    Well when Jesus highlights it as important it is, no matter what you think!
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 18:211 edit
    Well when Jesus highlights it as important it is, no matter what you think!
    Important is when Jesus speaks of who enters the Kingdom of God. Read it.
    1. The Good Samaritan
    2. Matt 25 the sheep and goats
    3. Rev 2 and 3 - message to the churches
    4. Revelation - who enters the New Jerusalem

Paul as well all over the letters to the churches... Saved Christians will not inherit the Kingdom of God unless they live righteously. Saved but still cast out if they fail.

Its all good works and righteousness. You would be hardpressed to find anything that speaks of faith when it comes down to the wire .. down to the end at the time when it comes to who gets in and who gets cast out .. WORKS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS IS THE KEY.

The reason for that is simple - faith is SUPPOSED TO make the Christian do good works but it is not always the case. Faith can fail. Charity and Love which is the fulfillment of the law cannot fail.

You have failed miserably to understand the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.
    FAILED !!!
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 22:21
    Yes, it was an amalgamated post I made not intended to mean or infer that it was about what you may or may not believe beyond the idea you hold about religion or religious people or "holy books" being propagators of a "god figure".

And yes, you have to prerogative to share whatever ideas or beliefs you have regarding the topics and subjects discussed i ...[text shortened]... vil. In other words you are agreeing that there are absolute and irrefutable truths to be known.
    Just sharing my perspective in debates and discussions. I'm not sure why you are so brittle about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree