1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 10:01
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Your version of Jesus is monster because he tortures billions with flames while deliberately keeping them alive for eternity. Defend it if you can...

All the rest of your “my god is holy” rhetoric is meaningless waffle and obfuscation in the contex of my statement about apocalyptic eternal torture.
    The doctrine isn't mine it comes straight out of scripture, it isn't something I made up so
    that it belongs to me as mine! This isn't a truth according to KellyJay so it only applies to
    just me! God has done much due to His love to save us, and you belittle the one who has
    tried to save our souls, because you dislike the end result of evil. You should let that sink
    in, it is His Kingdom He didn't have to save us, He doesn't have to allow us to walk out
    our lives in rebellion to Him and allow us to go on living as sinners, but He does. To save
    the lost, Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels, but in our sin our rebellion we too
    will end up there due to the evil of our sins before a Holy, Just, Righteous, Loving God
    and each other.

I'm not defending anything, I take no pleasure in Hell, and from what I've read neither does
    God; however, that is the end result of evil for beings who are going to live forever in one
    state or another. Keeping alive just to suffer no, but because of the evil against God and
    man those who fail to turn from evil towards God to be saved, that fate is already waiting
    for all who are outside of God's grace. Again, not a defense but a shout out of the danger
    that sinners before a Holy God find themselves, the flesh is against the Spirit, and the
    Spirit against the flesh only through Jesus Christ is this fate avoided.

Not liking Hell does not change anything about the reality of it or not. The bar for evil
    is one sin, even calling someone a fool is enough to put you in danger of Hell, a life time
    of evil deeds, thoughts, and inactions will be weighed against unblemished love. We
    are all in our natural state unworthy of God, and again because He has reached out to
    save us do we have the chance to avoid the fate our lives call for, due to the evil we
    have done. So you call the One trying to save your soul a monster, because your sins
    have before Him put you in a place of danger you dislike, I suggest the monsters are the
    one who would love their sins more than God, who has blessed us in this life with all we
    have and given us a great many gifts along the way, who has seen our needs and give
    all that He has to save us, for those who still rebel against Him, their fate can only be
    changed due to His love, not their own self-righteous efforts. Defend yourself before the
    Holy God, you will get the chance face to face, for your sake I hope it is while you are
    under the blood of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins due to His love for you
    and not your puffed up self-righteousness before a Holy God.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 10:02
    I just explained why your version of Jesus is a monster and it was nothing to do with you list of straw man elements in your posts.
    Yes you did, calling Jesus a monster who took your sins upon Himself so you could be
    forgiven.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 10:51
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Oh, and you have those types of people near you? I was wondering why you brought that
    kind of priest up?
    I did. More by nuns, though. Fortunately, no violations o law.

I am sure you are aware that harm an be done unde the aegis of religion, including under that of Christianity.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 11:29
    Originally posted by @js357
    I did. More by nuns, though. Fortunately, no violations o law.

I am sure you are aware that harm an be done unde the aegis of religion, including under that of Christianity.
    Yes I agree with you! People are sinners even nuns. I envy those that found the Lord early in life. I did a lot of sinful things in my life, there is no doubt in me what I deserve. Even after I became a Christian one night at work I was filing up a gas truck at the airport I was working at thinking about how I had lived. I could hear the accusations against me He paid to high a price for me, I wasn’t worth it! Then that wee small voice reminded me, its because of His love not because I was worthy He shed His blood for me.

We need to focus on Him, He is our salvation!
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 01:16
    Yes you did, calling Jesus a monster who took your sins upon Himself so you could be
    forgiven.
    The Jesus you follow is a different Jesus to the one I do. The bible talks about this, read up.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 01:171 edit
    The doctrine isn't mine it comes straight out of scripture, it isn't something I made up so that it belongs to me as mine! This isn't a truth according to KellyJay so it only applies to just me!
    No it doesn’t it is man made.

Of course YOU didn’t make it up...saying that I’m implying that you did, is just another straw man argument from you; do you know what a stawman argument is do you?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 01:48
    No it doesn’t it is man made.

Of course YOU didn’t make it up...saying that I’m implying that you did, is just another straw man argument from you; do you know what a stawman argument is do you?
    Well I have shared scripture with you, it can speak for itself. Your rebuttal consists of the damning argument that it hurts your essence whatever it was you said. Then instead of limiting your argument against the text about Hell. you instead go after me and call Jesus a monster. I have an argument you have hurt feelings or whatever it is you use between your ears. Straw man LOL!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 02:182 edits
    Well I have shared scripture with you, it can speak for itself. Your rebuttal consists of the damning argument that it hurts your essence whatever it was you said. Then instead of limiting your argument against the text about Hell. you instead go after me and call Jesus a monster. I have an argument you have hurt feelings or whatever it is you use between your ears. Straw man LOL!
    I’ve asked you why you believe that eternal suffering in hell is biblically literal and yet other visionary characters such as the whore and the beast are not literal, and you cannot explain why.

Can you?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 02:241 edit
    ...Straw man LOL!
    When you made you list of the virtues and aspects of (a) Jesus and them you applied those aspect to my description of the (monster) Jesus who is burning billions of people in hell (as mentioned in Revelation), that was a straw man, you are making misrepresentation of my position and attacking that, rather than what I’m actually saying. I.e. You were disengeniously trying to make out that I was calling the (real merciful and loving Jesus as described throughout the rest of the gospels) a monster.

That is a straw man.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 02:24
    I’ve asked you why you believe that eternal suffering in hell is biblically literal and yet other visionary characters such as the whore and the beast are not literal, and you cannot explain why.

Can you?
    It doesn’t matter if the whore and beast are real or not, because one being real has zero effect on the other is or not.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 02:281 edit
    It doesn’t matter if the whore and beast are real or not, because one being real has zero effect on the other is or not.
    You’re doing it again. I’m not asking you if the whore is real, I’m asking you how you decide that one is literal and the other isn’t literal?

How do you decide?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 02:55
    You’re doing it again. I’m not asking you if the whore is real, I’m asking you how you decide that one is literal and the other isn’t literal?

How do you decide?
    When it is portrayed as real by several people, in several places, in several time frames,
    I take it as real. If it is just a vision that too doesn't mean that its not real, it could be
    something in the spiritual world that was revealed, but the fewer examples about any
    topic would lead to me question if something was real or not, I normally would not worry
    about it unless that question changes the meaning or lesson of the story.

What are your reasons for denying Hell fire, and the eternity of that punishment, besides
    your feeling?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 03:341 edit
    When it is portrayed as real by several people, in several places, in several time frames, I take it as real. If it is just a vision that too doesn't mean that its not real, it could be something in the spiritual world that was revealed, but the fewer examples about any topic would lead to me question if something was real or not, I normally would not worry about it unless that question changes the meaning or lesson of the story.
    Can you show where eternal suffering in hell is depicted as being “real” by several people? Not in a parable, but where the text/person actually describes or depicted eternal suffering in hell as being real. If you give an example can you please tell me why/how it is depicted as being real, in your opinion.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 03:36
    What are your reasons for denying Hell fire, and the eternity of that punishment, besides your feeling?
    You are doing it again...creating a straw man..

I have been talking about eternal suffering in this forum for years and years; never once have I made a position against it based on my “feelings”.

Why do you keep doing this, it seems as if you don’t want to actually read what I’m writing but would rather create your own version of what you want me to be writing so you can attack it.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 03:46
    Can you show where eternal suffering in hell is depicted as being “real” by several people? Not in a parable, but where the text/person actually describes or depicted eternal suffering in hell as being real. If you give an example can you please tell me why/how it is depicted as being real, in your opinion.
    Make your arguments for why you don't believe, I've given you scripture and answered your
    questions, answer mine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree