1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 05:52
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    where
    In one of his previous posts. I used the word "said" figuratively. More literally, he typed them.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 05:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    In one of his previous posts. I used the word "said" figuratively. More literally, he typed them.
    cool
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 11:43
    So we are talking about the great white throne.

Do you have secrets ? We all have secrets. God will judged the secrets of men.

"In the day when God judges the secrets of men according to my gospel through Jesus Christ." (Rom 2:16)

It is good to bring our secrets under the redeeming blood of Christ. By doing this we confess our secrets to God. And better, by confessing we acknowledge, and God is faithful, that our sins have been judged in Christ's death on His cross.

In Genesis Adam and Eve ran to hide among the trees from the face of God. Of course God lovingly found them, yet not without discipline. He brought them forth and even clothed them from their newly discovered bare nakedness of shame.

At the great white throne judgment of finality there is no place to hide from God's face. Earth and heaven flee away at His presence. The unsaved sinner is exposed to the uttermost before His holy face.

" And I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose face earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.

And I saw the dead, the great and the small standing before the throne, ..." (See Rev. 20:12a)

I sometimes consider that Almighty God could judge a billion people all at one time in a single moment simultaneously. He's God. His judgment will be infallible. This is not only infallible in a negative way. It is infallible in a way of God knowing ALL the circumstances, ALL the factors, ALL the particulars, ALL the things unknown to us molding us and prompting us to do this or that.

So we need the all-encompassing redemption of Jesus Christ. He is able to present us before God holy and without blemish.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 12:00
    The great will be there. The small will be there.

Those great in intelligence, great and wealth, great in fame, will be there.
    Those small or smaller, in wealth, riches, intelligence, status and station, will all be there.

"And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne ... "

Greatness will not exempt one from this last judgment.
    Neither will smallness exempt one from this final arbitration.

Books will contain the deeds of the lives of those standing to be judged.
    These books will be infallible. There will be no errors in the books.
    There will be nothing omitted which is important.

Everything of all deeds done in human history will be settled before God.

But there is fortunately another place where EVERYTHING can be settled before God's infallible judgment. That place is in Jesus Christ, on Calvary at the cross of His crucifixion. There where Jesus died, all our sins surely may be transferred by faith.

This was not an idea produced by human imagination. This was the revelation of the Bible and the teaching word and demonstration from the life of Jesus the Son of God.

Reincarnation will be of no use. Each man, each woman has his or her books pertaining to his or her deeds.

Whoever's name is recorded in the one book, "the book of life" , will be saved.

" ... and scrolls were opened, and another scroll was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by the things which were written in the scrolls, according to their works. (v.12b)

And if anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire." (v.15)

Thank God for His eternal redemption accomplished on Calvary.
    He is faithful to justify us on account of His Son.
    God is faithful and righteous to save us on account of the obedient deed of His Son at Calvary. We only need to believe in Jesus Christ and receive Him, receive the Spirit of Christ into our hearts.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 12:272 edits
    I would like everyone reading to fix in their minds TWO important places of God's judgment.

1.) The great white throne at the end of history.

2.) The cross of Christ at Calvary 2,000 some years ago.

Every act, every work, every deed will be dealt with by God at one of these two places.
    Do we want out sins judged at Calvary or at the great white throne at the end ?

I do not say that there are only two judgments of God. I do say that there are two MAIN judgments of finality from God:

1.) The judgment of man's sins when Jesus became sin for us on His cross.

2.) The great white throne judgment where all the books will be opened and the angels will check the book of life to see if a man has been justified, redeemed by Christ.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 12:29
    Never think that God is not able to clear up all obscure or undecided matters.
    Never think God will overlook something, or not be aware of something, or not be able to factor in something, or be not cognizant of any matter.

We do not know what He will do between the end of the millennium and the last judgment. The Bible says that there is an unspecified period which God calls " a little season" in which some things else God seems to clear up.

" And he laid hold of the dragon, the ancient serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

And cast him into the abyss and shut it and sealed it over him, that he might not deceive the nations any longer until the thousand years were completed;

after these things he must be loosed a little while". (Rev. 20:2-3)

No one that I have ever known can tell how long this "little while" is. But after this "little while" Satan goes into the lake of fire and the great white throne judgment happens.

Perhaps, perplexing matters such as the dead unborn or other difficult matters to understand will be addressed by God. I don't know. I really don't know.

But my point is that a final and last judgment is inevitable. No sinner or saint should trust in his ability to think he can find some flaw in God's way. No one should trust that some case will be too difficult for God.

IN Revelation the lake of fire is also described as a sea of glass mingled with fire. My belief is that a "sea of glass" denotes that everything, without exception, is CRYSTAL clear to God's righteous judgment. Just like transparent glass, everything is manifest, is seen. There is no obscurity left.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 12:29
    God's judgment, says Romans, is "according to truth".

Coming out of the wild and relative 1960s when this passage was first shown to me, it made me not have any trust in relativism that can obscure or hide any matter before God. His judgment will be according to truth.

" But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth upon those who practice such thing." (Romans 2:2)

Some of you nimble minded and able reasoners out there, I suggest that you do not put trust in arguments with Christians that you can win. The judgment of God will be according to TRUTH. So we all need the redeeming blood of Christ for our cleansing and justification.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 13:18
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Please do not be grieved sir on my behalf. The lake of fire is an ancient myth with no more credibility or earthly relevance than the fire of Mordor. I thank the Lord that i am born in an age where i am immune to fear tactics and do not feel the compulsion to use them against others.
    I wouldn't say that since there are many who knew the one that wrote the story about the
    fires of Mordor. CS Lewis being one of them and he also believed in the lake of fire, which
    has as much credibility as anyone's beliefs about how everything got here.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Mar '16 13:31
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I wouldn't say that since there are many who knew the one that wrote the story about the
    fires of Mordor. CS Lewis being one of them and he also believed in the lake of fire, which
    has as much credibility as anyone's beliefs about how everything got here.
    Recently, a first addition was found of 'God in the Dock' (CS Lewis) in which he had scribbled in the back, 'I've changed my mind, the lake of fire is a myth.'

😏
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 04:30
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Recently, a first addition was found of 'God in the Dock' (CS Lewis) in which he had scribbled in the back, 'I've changed my mind, the lake of fire is a myth.'

😏
    “If Christianity is untrue, then no honest man will want to believe it, however helpful it might be;
    if it is true, every honest man will want to believe it, even if it gives him no help at all”
    ―C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology and Ethics
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 04:48
    Originally quoted by Grampy Bobby
    “If Christianity is untrue, then no honest man will want to believe it, however helpful it might be; if it is true, every honest man will want to believe it, even if it gives him no help at all”
    Do you think people who find no convincing reason to believe the claims that Christians make about Jesus and about supernatural things should just pretend or say that they do?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 07:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think people who find no convincing reason to believe the claims that Christians make about Jesus and about supernatural things should just pretend or say that they do?
    FMF: The only issue is what the Word of God reveals about the Lord Jesus Christ.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 11:09
    FMF: The only issue is what the Word of God reveals about the Lord Jesus Christ.
    On the other hand you could answer his question...
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 14:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    On the other hand you could answer his question...
    Which is
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 14:25
    divegeester: On the other hand you could answer his question...

Which is
    The question was in the post you were replying to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree