1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 13:434 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lol. Is he really that slow? He can't see the answer even though you've answered at least twice here and he is still not able to understand it. Wow!!!!!
    I dont know what else i can do. We provide Biblical evidence of those who will be saved, to the best of our knowledge, he asks, do i need to be a Jehovahs Witness, i say yes, because it appears to me that we are the only organisation as a whole engaging in these things, while not ruling out the possibility that God will of course bestow the gift of everlasting life upon whom he deems worthy, what more can be done?

there are of course certain Biblical precedents,

Noah and the eight who were saved from the global flood,

the Isrealities who were in Egypt, only those who had the mark of blood upon their door posts, a prophetic drama concerning the lamb of God, Christ, evaded the angel of death,

and of course the angel who passes through figurative Jerusalem, marking on the forehead those for salvation,

(Ezekiel 9:3-7) And as regards the glory of the God of Israel, it was taken up from over the cherubs over which it happened to be to the threshold of the house, and he began calling out to the man that was clothed with the linen, at whose hips there was the secretary’s inkhorn. And Jehovah went on to say to him: “Pass through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and you must put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done in the midst of it.” And to these [others] he said in my ears: “Pass through the city after him and strike. Let not your eye feel sorry, and do not feel any compassion. Old man, young man and virgin and little child and women YOU should kill off—to a ruination. But to any man upon whom there is the mark do not go near, and from my sanctuary YOU should start.” So they started with the old men that were before the house. And he said further to them: “Defile the house and fill the courtyards with the slain ones. Go forth!” And they went forth and struck in the city.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 13:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I dont know what else i can do. We provide Biblical evidence of those who will be saved, to the best of our knowledge, he asks, do i need to be a Jehovahs Witness, i say yes, because it appears to me that we are the only organisation as a whole engaging in these things, while not ruling out the possibility that God will of course bestow the gift of everlasting life upon whom he deems worthy, what more can be done?
    Who knows. I see nothing else that could be said to him but I bet not if history shows how this will turn out from him.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 04:05
    So after multiple threads and pages and pages of avoidance, obfuscation and now calling me slow and unable to understand scripture , you two so called Jehovah witnesses are unwilling, unaware or maybe dishonest enough to not admit this:

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." The Watchtower magazine 1989
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 04:15
    Blah, blah, blah and more blah, blah, blah and no doubt more blah, blah, blah to come!!!!!!
    I just had to bump this comment from Galveston, which in the light of the quite above becomes quite revealing of the nature of the JW spirit.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 04:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I just had to bump this comment from Galveston, which in the light of the quite above becomes quite revealing of the nature of the JW spirit.
    I believe I'm the one who said the blah, blah stuff. Not the WTS...
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 04:341 edit
    I believe I'm the one who said the blah, blah stuff. Not the WTS...
    Yes, and revealing it is too.

Were you not aware of this watchtower statement regarding the doctrine of your organisation?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 04:41
    Yes, and revealing it is too.

Were you not aware of this watchtower statement regarding the doctrine of your organisation?
    Lol. Long before you ever did as I'm very aware of many things and with explinations that you don't.

So what is this obsession you have with our view of who might and might not see life in the future?
    If I say yes with no chance of explaning what will that change in your mind? If I say no will that make you happy or something?
    What exactly are you looking for?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 04:42
    Originally posted by black beetle
    You 'll get no direction from him because his institution does not want you to go through doctrine only seeing what you are already prepared to see; a JW wants you to go through doctrine prepared to see it all, so you have to evaluate the verses on your own, then ask questions
    JWs should be honest about their doctrines and the content of their publications, they are after all "the sole holders of god's truth on earth".
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 04:441 edit
    Lol. Long before you ever did as I'm very aware of many things and with explinations that you don't.

So what is this obsession you have with our view of who might and might not see life in the future?
    If I say yes with no chance of explaning what will that change in your mind? If I say no will that make you happy or something?
    If you were aware of the watchtower position regarding the dilemma question in the OP, then why didn't you come out and post it? It appears as if you have something to hide or are in some way embarrassed by it.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 04:47
    I'm looking for straight up honesty Galveston and you know it. You and robbie carrobie hemming and hawing around the subject makes you appear dishonest and embarrassed or unknowledgeable about your doctrines. Perhaps you are.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 04:58
    If you were aware of the watchtower position regarding the dilemma question in the OP, then why didn't you come out and post it? It appears as if you have something to hide or are in some way embarrassed by it.
    See how you start to twist the conversations and put words or thoughts into the subject that I never made or even suggested? You are not after an honest conversation but are only here to play your games...You have no desire to listen to anything we say...
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 05:001 edit
    See how you start to twist the conversations and put words or thoughts into the subject that I never made or even suggested? You are not after an honest conversation but are only here to play your games...You have no desire to listen to anything we say...
    Stop avoiding the obvious...

Why didn't you post the watchtower statement immediately as a response to the OP?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 05:09
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    What's your Beef with the Jehovah Witness Faith?
    I did answer this in another post elsewhere which I'm sure you will have seen, but in addition I will add to my list of "beefs" dishonesty in regard to their own doctrines and beliefs.
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 05:39
    Honestly they are not always aware of the statements and literature of their own organization and become very angry when you show them the truth from their own organization. I'm like I did not write that or make it up your organization did. I don't care though I don't want any part of their Paradise earth as it is just a lie anyway.....In the early days they rolled around in cars with loud speakers and yelled at Catholics (I'm not Catholic and that's a whole different issue) that is the way to be Christian right? Yes I read that JW's were attacked also and treated as subversives to the US Government but it shows the JW's were a militant group does not sound very Christian. In the early 40's it was ok for JW's to give blood and then because of a new doctrine they decided to change that of course it's not biblical and a misunderstanding of scripture. You ever eaten meat? If so you've eaten blood oh but it's cooked right? Food is not what defiles a man it is what is already in his heart that defiles.

Manny
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 07:59
    Stop avoiding the obvious...

Why didn't you post the watchtower statement immediately as a response to the OP?
    First of all the watchtower magazine is not considered inspired and it can change its perspective, secondly Galveston nor I are walking watchtower magazine encyclopaedias, thirdly you were given a plethora of scriptural references for you to consider and evaluate, all of which you dismissed, fourthly i stated that i thought it was the case, answering your question. Fifthly if you knew the answer anyway one wonders why you were making such an issue about it, noticed not only by us, but by others also, whom you treated with contempt and disdain, Grandpa Bobby, just by way of example.

It strikes me as completely hypocritical therefore for you to attempt to moralise over anyone, you have been caught in the past, citing articles from hate sites that you have not even read in an attempt to discredit Jehovahs witnesses before, i think that this latest attempt is another extension of that. As beetle pointed out, the answer was not a yes or no, but your insistence that it was demonstrates that you are uninterested in reason, an unreasonable man all you are interested in is vilifying Jehovahs Witnesses probably because your own faith is so empty and devoid, how else are to to explain it, for as far as i can discern, you contribute nothing good, or positive about anything, you seem simply content to infuse others with your own negativity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree