1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 08:01
    Originally posted by menace71
    Honestly they are not always aware of the statements and literature of their own organization and become very angry when you show them the truth from their own organization. I'm like I did not write that or make it up your organization did. I don't care though I don't want any part of their Paradise earth as it is just a lie anyway.....In the early days th ...[text shortened]... t what defiles a man it is what is already in his heart that defiles.

Manny
    so burning Kingdom Halls, destroying property, lynching people is what? Christian, well, thankyou Jesus.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 13:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    JWs should be honest about their doctrines and the content of their publications, they are after all "the sole holders of god's truth on earth".
    I 'm in touch with Orthodox, JWs, Catholic, Liberal Christians etc; all the doctrines are based on specific systems of exegesis, which from the members of the differ institutions are supposed to be correct according to specific context. In general, the Christian institutions are considered by their members as "the sole holders of god's truth on earth". So what?
    😵
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 13:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    so burning Kingdom Halls, destroying property, lynching people is what? Christian, well, thankyou Jesus.
    No it's not Christian at all but neither is yelling at Catholics through loud speakers and hate speech

Manny
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 13:583 edits
    No it's not Christian at all but neither is yelling at Catholics through loud speakers and hate speech

Manny
    how many monasteries, cathedrals or other property belonging to the vastly wealthy catholic church did we destroy? how many Catholics did we beat up? lynch? tar and feather? I want you to tell me how many?

Jesus Christ himself exposed the hypocrisy of the religious leaders of his day and we make no excuses for having done the same. As far as i aware, in America one has freedom of speech, it is not against the law to criticise anyone, but burning, lynching and destroying property is criminal and a sad reflection on those professing to be Christian,

'get away from me you workers of lawlessness', are the Christ's words.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 14:11
    how many monasteries, cathedrals or other property belonging to the vastly wealthy catholic church did we destroy? how many Catholics did we beat up? lynch? tar and feather? I want you to tell me how many?

Jesus Christ himself exposed the hypocrisy of the religious leaders of his day and we make no excuses for having done the same. As far as i ...[text shortened]... g to be Christian,

'get away from me you workers of lawlessness', are the Christ's words.
    I agree with you and I don't care for the Catholic religion but all of that being said I'm just pointing out the fact that JWs have a sordid history and are not free of hypocrisy.

Manny
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 14:28
    I agree with you and I don't care for the Catholic religion but all of that being said I'm just pointing out the fact that JWs have a sordid history and are not free of hypocrisy.

Manny
    sordid? please that really was hilarious.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 16:02
    JWs should be honest about their doctrines and the content of their publications, they are after all "the sole holders of god's truth on earth".
    And these people are actually going door to door advocating their doctrine.

God help us all.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 16:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And these people are actually going door to door advocating their doctrine.

God help us all.
    someone has to do it, so many armchair Christians these days.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 21:401 edit
    I've been asking robbie carrobie a question in another thread and (as usual) struggling to get a straight answer. The question is:

[b]Will a person be excluded from the opportunity to receive eternal life because they are not a member of the Jehovah Witness organisation?

Please note I am not asking:
    Who will be saved from the tri that this question firmly asked is the one that will stop them knocking at your door.[/b]
    Here is an essay on this question:

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/do-jehovahs-witnesses-claim-that-they.html

Robbie or Galveston75, is this accurate? Basically, the essay claims that the JW organization strategically misleads in its public statements surrounding this question; then turns around and teaches intolerance and exclusivity to its members.

So, basically, this essay purports to show that the JW organization is two-faced on this issue.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 22:22
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    So, basically, this essay purports to show that the JW organization is two-faced on this issue.
    So do you expect robbie or the Gman to agree? Really?
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 22:271 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So do you expect robbie or the Gman to agree? Really?
    No, I expect them either to ignore it altogether or to counter with the claim that the essay is inaccurate.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 03:25
    sordid? please that really was hilarious.
    Sordid LOL you know vile is one word 🙂

Manny
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 03:32
    someone has to do it, so many armchair Christians these days.
    I actually agree with Robbie on this too many armchair Christians and
    a quote from Walter Martin went something like this imagine the difference in the world If Christians were willing to do for the truth what cults do for a lie ? There will be and already is a famine not for food but for the word of God

Manny
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 05:34
    First of all the watchtower magazine is not considered inspired and it can change its perspective, secondly Galveston nor I are walking watchtower magazine encyclopaedias, thirdly you were given a plethora of scriptural references for you to consider and evaluate, all of which you dismissed, fourthly i stated that i thought it was the case, answering ...[text shortened]... , or positive about anything, you seem simply content to infuse others with your own negativity.
    It's just a quetion robbie, perhaps if you just answered it we wouldnt get into these long protracted debates that seem to irritated you so much.

I don't see you getting "vilified" although I know how you have a tendency to claims persecution when your beliefs are challenged, have you ever seen anyone else in this forum claiming persecution when their beliefs are challenged?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 05:37
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    No, I expect them either to ignore it altogether or to counter with the claim that the essay is inaccurate.
    Good luck. Hopefully you won't be accused of vilifying people just by asking questions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree