1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 02:36
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    For those who read scripture and were familiar with it had no issues knowing that there was and is just One God. That was not true for the nations around them or the back sliding people of that time who kept going back to other gods!
    God is awesome but no one is above the Lord
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 05:54
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    This is where metaphor kicks in.
    Say anything and say nothing at the same time. You’re magnificent!
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 05:57
    suzianne is probably your biggest fan, Karoly. She thinks you’re a wise old soul and mystic whose every utterance must be parsed and ruminated on for weeks in search of hidden meanings and greater truths.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 08:45
    I agree, God is the Lord God King of the universe. Some here have views that He can be
    made to do things they want, but if God is sovereign that is not the case. He acts upon His
    will not ours.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 09:04
    The Lord's substitution is only for all the believers, but He died for the whole world. He made the scope wide enough. But this does not mean that the whole world is saved. If Peter were to change a word here, if he were to say "denying the Master who saved them," then it would be very serious. But Peter has used a big enough word. He said "denying the Master who bought them." Hence, we can see that this group of people has not been saved at all. This word bought is a very broad word. By this word alone, one cannot say that they are saved.

Second, the word Master, despotes, here is not a common word either. It should not be translated as lord, but should be translated as master. It is not the Lord as in the Lord Jesus, but the Master as one who has temporal control of a person. It refers to an earthly master. There is no life relationship here. According to a strict interpretation of the Bible, this is not a relationship between them and the Lord, but a relationship between them and their master. Hence, this group of people has not been saved at all. No one can say, Jesus is Lord, except in the Holy Spirit, for whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. These ones are like Judas. They have never confessed Jesus as Lord.

My italics and bolding from

The Collected Works of Watchman Nee - the Gospel of God (Vol 2) - Salvation being eternal - Arguments Against ( Living Stream Ministry ) [/b]

https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=1CDEC8C253
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 09:151 edit
    I agree, God is the Lord God King of the universe. Some here have views that He can be
    made to do things they want, but if God is sovereign that is not the case. He acts upon His
    will not ours.
    When our will become His will we can command Him concerning the work of His hands.

When the churches will harmonizes with the will of God then their petition and command is concerning what He desires to do, yet not unilaterally.

We then command Him concerning His sons and the work of HIS hands.

" Thus says Jehovah, The Holy One of Israel and the One who formed him,

Ask Me about the things to come concerning My sons, And concerning the work of My hands, command Me." (Isa. 45:11)

See also Acts 4:23-31 - the churches Praise and Prayer concerning their persecution.

"To do what Your hand and Your counsel predestinated to take place.

And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings and grant Your slaves to speak Your word with all boldness.

While stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may take place through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus." (vs. 28-30)
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 09:31
    Originally posted by @sonship
    When our will become His will we can command Him concerning the work of His hands.

When the churches will harmonizes with the will of God then their petition and command is concerning what He desires to do, yet not unilaterally.

We then command Him concerning His sons and the work of HIS hands.

[b] " Thus says Jehovah, The Holy One of Isr ...[text shortened]... d wonders may take place through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus." (vs. 28-30)
    [/b]
    Yes, but it is always due to Him setting up what He wants the way He wants. We cannot
    force Him into anything which has been my point, He is God, we are not.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 10:01
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    suzianne is probably your biggest fan, Karoly. She thinks you’re a wise old soul and mystic whose every utterance must be parsed and ruminated on for weeks in search of hidden meanings and greater truths.
    Nah bro, I'm just an average joe trying to make my way in the universe .

Should check the frame.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 10:02
    will not ours.
    Your will is powerful
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 11:15
    Your will is powerful
    Yet compared to God all of the nations of the world are less than a drop in a bucket. We are nothing without Him!
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 12:171 edit
    Yes, but it is always due to Him setting up what He wants the way He wants. We cannot
    force Him into anything which has been my point, He is God, we are not.
    We are in agreement. Perhaps a slightly different emphasis.

The effective prayer is initiated first by God having a will.
    He seeks on earth an echo in men's hearts to ASK Him to do what it is that He has a will to do.

Think on it - "Thy kingdom come.Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

This is the echo, the response in the hearts of His people, giving God the request to do what His will is. He could do so unilaterally without man's request. He chooses not to.

So it is as our prayers should lay the tracks for His will to come rolling out of eternity through the world.

But you are right, it is if we ask anything according to His will.

"And this is the boldness which we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." (1 John 5:14)

I think "His will" there is not trivialities but touching His eternal purpose, His high plans, His heart's desire for His church and His kingdom.

Of course we can bring ALL of our anxieties to God in prayer because He cares for us.

"1 Peter 5:7-10 English Standard Version (ESV)

7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Thankyou for the fellowship. Continue if you have more.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 22:25
    Yet compared to God all of the nations of the world are less than a drop in a bucket. We are nothing without Him!
    Shouldn't compare yourself to others. Just be a good person
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 22:31
    Originally posted by @js357
    https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_1307.cfm

“Summary

The Greek word kurios has a number of different meanings. It can mean sir, master, owner, or even refer to an idol. However on a number of occasions it is the Greek equivalent to the Hebrew word Yahweh or Jehovah. This is the divine name for God. Jesus Christ is designated as ...[text shortened]... w Testament references. This is the consistent truth of Scripture - Jesus is Yahweh or Jehovah.”
    Of a truth.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '18
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 05:321 edit
    I'm not a big bible reader however I've noticed 'Lord' come up more often than 'God'

Anyone else want to re-concile their vocabulary or do we just assume 'Lord' means 'God' ?
    The issue you have is easily resolved if you know a little about translations.

In the Hebrew there are two words translated into the English as 'Lord' or 'LORD'

Adonai -> Lord
    YHWH -> LORD

Now, you will notice a difference between the two words. One is Lord in all caps the other is Lord with just the L capitalised. The translators are doing us English readers a favor and helping us distinguish between two.

You will also see, at times, the phrase Lord GOD. In this case, you have in the Hebrew Adonai YHWH. God is a different word in the Hebrew (i.e. Eloyhim or El). Hence, GOD is in all caps to denote YHWH.

In the New Testament we use Lord in the English to translate the Greek word Kurios. The connection between Kurios and YHWH is found in the Greek Septuagint (the Greek translation of the Hebrew Old Testament Scriptures). In the Septuagint, the Jewish scholars used Kurios to translate YHWH into the Greek. Therefore, when the New Testament authors (e.g. Paul, Luke, John, etc.) used Kurios in the New Testament Scriptures to refer to Jesus the Jews did not miss the connection. The New Testament authors through choice of word called Jesus YHWH, Kurios.

God is an appellative. YHWH is a personal name which we translate as LORD. Adonai is likewise an appellative. However, Kurios became a personal name in the Greek New Testament since it was used to translate YHWH from the Hebrew to the Greek Kurios.

Hope that helps a bit.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 09:01
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Did you ever see this. The one and only memorable scene in the movie.

Liberal 30 year old, still living at home, with a right wing dad. What could go wrong?

[youtube FGF]8ZYrutVyZ-A[/youtube]
    Anything we can do, machines can do better. Except, so the story goes, for creativity. Let's toss some monkey wrenches into the story.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree