1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 23:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sorry, but as far as I am aware, 'all scripture is inspired of God', 2 Timothy, 3:15,16, yes that is correct 'all scripture', and as i have no reason to doubt Paul, Peter, John nor any of the other ancient servants of God, who were inspired by Holy Spirit to write the Scriptures under inspiration, i must dismiss your objections of his words as basele ...[text shortened]... an overcome itas effects to the best of our abilitty, How Christ can help us in this regard!
    " Nor is it limited to the words of Paul"

You're too funny. You say this and in your next breath cite Paul (Romans). You still haven't addressed the fact that Jesus plainly states that by following His word, you will know the truth and the truth will make you free from committing sin.

"Christ came to die for righteous persons or sinners? Perhaps you have forgotten this?"

Of course Jesus came to help sinners. Once again, Jesus plainly states that by following His word, you will know the truth and the truth will make you free from committing sin.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 23:41
    "death" is a metaphor for a life of sin

why is it a metaphor for sin, ah yes, because it suits your agenda, how silly of me!
    You're too funny. If "death" meant the death of the physical body and not as a metaphor, then what is Jesus talking about when He said the following:

"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 00:092 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    " Nor is it limited to the words of Paul"[/b]

You're too funny. You say this and in your next breath cite Paul (Romans). You still haven't addressed the fact that Jesus plainly states that by following His word, you will know the truth and the truth will make you free from committing sin.

"Christ came to die for righteous persons or sinners? ng His word, you will know the truth and the truth will make you free from committing sin.
    Yes i cited Paul, as well as others that you have somehow conveniently forget to mention, a little amnesia perhaps, or a denial, who can tell? see the extensive and comprehensive text on the definition of sin, hopefully you may gain a better understanding of its nature and extent, but until you free yourself from your preconceptions, i doubt it!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 00:10
    You're too funny. If "death" meant the death of the physical body and not as a metaphor, then what is Jesus talking about when He said the following:

"For the gate is small and [b]the way is narrow that leads to life
    , and there are few who find it."[/b]
    sorry i do not understand what it is you are saying here!
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 00:261 edit
    Yes i cited Paul, as well as others that you have somehow conveniently forget to mention, a little amnesia perhaps, or a denial, who can tell? see the extensive and comprehensive text on the definition of sin, hopefully you may gain a better understanding of its nature and extent, but until you free yourself from your preconceptions, i doubt it!
    The funny part was that in the section with the lead "Nor is it limited to the words of Paul", one third of the passages cited were by Paul. The other passages weren't the funny part. Has nothing to do with "amnesia" or "denial".

I only skimmed the "the extensive and comprehensive text on the definition of sin."

Did you read it all? You should really cite your source instead of leaving the impression that the text is your own:
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/nature-Sin-3.htm

Interesting that you still haven't addressed the words of Jesus.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 00:27
    sorry i do not understand what it is you are saying here!
    Well, if you still can't comprehend it, I'm not sure that any amount of explanation is going to help.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 00:50
    Well, if you still can't comprehend it, I'm not sure that any amount of explanation is going to help.
    Its not the scripture nor its comprehension but your rather dubious use of it, and if you do not mind i got better things to occupy my mind with rather than discussing your personal preferences as to which scriptures one may utilize or not. Its not that your ideas are not important or valid, but one must be careful of those who disregard truth in the hope of establishing their own, for they make the word of God invalid. I have no problem with the words of Christ, but as for those who are seeking to establish their own agenda above the inspired word of God on the basis of nothing more than a non reality, well, if you don't mind I would rather discuss something with content, for i frequently find that those who are disposed to establish their own, often resort to bickering about trivialities and i got better things to do.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 00:531 edit
    The funny part was that in the section with the lead "Nor is it limited to the words of Paul", one third of the passages cited were by Paul. The other passages weren't the funny part. Has nothing to do with "amnesia" or "denial".

I only skimmed the "the extensive and comprehensive text on the definition of sin."

Did you read it all? You should real ...[text shortened]... 7/nature-Sin-3.htm

Interesting that you still haven't addressed the words of Jesus.
    if you actually read the thread that prompted the post you will see that I claim nothing of my own, i even stated that the text is cut and pasted, cut and pasted , now you are wasting my time, i will be pleased if you will not respond anymore to my posts, for i have a lot better things to do than get caught up in trivial arguments with you, sorry, cya!
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 00:57
    Its not the scripture nor its comprehension but your rather dubious use of it, and if you do not mind i got better things to occupy my mind with rather than discussing your personal preferences as to which scriptures one may utilize or not. Its not that your ideas are not important or valid, but one must be careful of those who disregard truth in th ...[text shortened]... stablish their own, often resort to bickering about trivialities and i got better things to do.
    You're the one who needs to come to terms with the fact that Jesus plainly states that one can be freed from committing sin by following His teachings. You can say, "I have no problem with the words of Christ", but you still haven't addressed it.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 01:051 edit
    if you actually read the thread that prompted the post you will see that I claim nothing of my own, i even stated that the text is cut and pasted, cut and pasted , now you are wasting my time, i will be pleased if you will not respond anymore to my posts, for i have a lot better things to do than get caught up in trivial arguments with you, sorry, cya!
    So far as you've divulged, this is the thread that prompted the thread and unless I missed it, you did not state that "the text is cut and pasted".
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 01:27
    So far as you've divulged, this is the thread that prompted the thread and unless I missed it, you did not state that "the text is cut and pasted".
    here is the actual text

mmm, i had never considered these aspects and they are very interesting indeed, however Jaywill my friend, if i may say this is my defense, I am always conscious of not going beyond the things that are written and have on numerous occasions edited text from the information that i have gathered ( i did not write any of this stuff that i am posting, it is merely cut and past, cut and paste) when i thought it went beyond the things written, or could not be substantiated by text or was in any way speculative, hopefully the information is entirely objective for it is not my intention to influence anyone, simply to provide background information to broaden our understanding, for to be sure the controversies among Christians are numerous and one must be tentative - kind regards Robbie

taken from the thread

How will you remember the christ

perhaps next time you will be more careful when considering your words

Do not become a witness against your fellowman without grounds. Then you would have to be foolish with your lips.

Proverbs 24:28
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 02:016 edits
    here is the actual text

mmm, i had never considered these aspects and they are very interesting indeed, however Jaywill my friend, if i may say this is my defense, I am always conscious of not going beyond the things that are written and have on numerous occasions edited text from the information that i have gathered ( i did not write any of this ...[text shortened]... llowman without grounds. Then you would have to be foolish with your lips.

Proverbs 24:28
    [/b]
    Evidently my words were much better considered than your own.

C'mon Robbie this is really too much. Now you're trying to pass off some off hand remark that you made to jaywill three days ago as some sort of "proof" that you said the thread "Sin, its definition according to scripture" was a cut and paste job. I mean, while it's creative, it's also really dishonest. You don't even mention your intention to create ANY thread in your text to jaywill, no less the thread in question.

Here is your assertion that you stated that the text is cut and pasted:
    "if you actually read the thread that prompted the post you will see that I claim nothing of my own, i even stated that the text is cut and pasted, cut and pasted ..."

Here is, from what I can tell, where you declare your intention to create the thread "Sin, its definition according to scripture" which does not state that the text is cut and pasted. This is taken from this thread:
    "I will produce clear information on a separate thread for those who are interested in understanding the meaning of sin, why it occurs, why Christs sacrifice is important! how we can overcome itas effects to the best of our abilitty, How Christ can help us in this regard!"

From what I can tell, the text to jaywill was completely unrelated, unless you're trying to assert that it's some sort of general disclaimer against all future cut and paste jobs. The fact that it's buried in some thread completely unrelated to the thread in question makes that assertion untenable.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 08:433 edits
    Evidently my words were much better considered than your own.

C'mon Robbie this is really too much. Now you're trying to pass off some off hand remark that you made to jaywill three days ago as some sort of "proof" that you said the thread "Sin, its definition according to scripture" was a cut and paste job. I mean, while it's creative, it's also reall completely unrelated to the thread in question makes that assertion untenable.
    I am making no concession for your presumptuousness, the text is clear enough for any reasonable person to understand, nor was it made in an off hand way, for it was deliberately engineered specifically for combating petty and unsubstantiated claims that I somehow claim the text as my own, i even repeated it twice so that there would be no mistake, cut and paste, cut and paste! can you read that, is it plain enough, will i spell it out in capitals, put it in bold, perhaps italics, assign it a paragraph all of its own. What will it take for you to think before opening your mouth? you have made an unsubstantiated and slanderous claim, nor can you try to slither out of it, for one thread was the natural consequence of the other, which i quite clearly and plainly stated! If you had the humility to admit this mistake then all would be well, but no!, for it takes humility and honesty to admit ones mistakes! unless you have any comments with regard to the actual content of the post, then i am sorry, but i have nothing further to say to you, for it is well established, that those who walk with wise persons will become wise, but those who have dealings with the foolish one will fare badly!
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 10:33
    Robbie, when you have finished arguing with ThinkOfOne, would you care to answer my post?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '09 10:532 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Robbie, when you have finished arguing with ThinkOfOne, would you care to answer my post?
    sorry my friend, i have quite finished with thinkofthecentreofadoughnut, please if you do not mind reiterate your thoughts, if i can answer them i will, if not, then perhaps someone else can, if they are at present unanswerable according to our present understanding, then perhaps an evaluation may be made!

sorry i have reread your text, your query is simply why the sacrifice of Christ was needed, is it not or am I misunderstanding?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree