the propitiatory sacrifice of the christ

the propitiatory sacrifice of the christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
09 Apr 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
oh beetle my friend, it is not possible for the Christian to deny the 'value', of that ultimate sacrifice, to us, it is too precious, too consequential, too far reaching, for us it is a master stroke, the coup de grace, that blow to death that will end all suffering! a majestic checkmate, the culmination of a combination seen after move number one! ...[text shortened]... t it matters not, for to us it is like a fine pearl, something of value and substance!
I know, ye lang leggedy skoosh addicted beastie🙂

Nice to have from times to times a look to the World through Your window😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
09 Apr 09

And yeappers, our miserable atheist lot back then in Athens attacked Paul big time -and in return the Christians ruined after a while the mental constructions of the Athenians.

It's all right, a view is nothing but a view afterall. Me wanna dance like vistesd😵

rc

Moves
09 Apr 09

Originally posted by black beetle

LOL, oh beetle i am hopeless, a fish caught in the net, alas i cannot deny it! never the less, when i reach 1700, within 300 hundred points of the master himself, then we must play!, for this system of yours, of logging every move since 1988, after 1.d4 has really intrigued me, a living , growing, organic entity it has become, spreading branches out until they reach their zenith, and then tentatively on, into the unkown! is it not beautiful to behold!

rc

Moves
09 Apr 09
1 edit

thankyou beetle, a true gentlemen, some like whitey and lemon yellow, want to smash them windows with an air gun or lob bricks through them from a distance, others like to simply grafitti them, others still like to hang out them and shout to the neighbors, some need their windows cleaned because of the rain! some have ecclesiastical stained glass, others a mosaic of tiny little glass tiles. some like to open them and watch the children play others prefer double glazing and blackout blinds! 🙂

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
09 Apr 09

LOL, oh beetle i am hopeless, a fish caught in the net, alas i cannot deny it! never the less, when i reach 1700, within 300 hundred points of the master himself, then we must play!, for this system of yours, of logging every move since 1988, after 1.d4 has really intrigued me, a living , growing, organic entity it has become, spreading branches out ...[text shortened]... ey reach their zenith, and then tentatively on, into the unkown! is it not beautiful to behold!
Ah, now you made me remember Sansho's net🙂 The koan goes like this:

Sansho asked Seppo "When a fish with golden scales has passed through the net, what should it get for food?"
Seppo said "I will tell you when you have passed through the net."
Sansho said "A great Zen master with 1500 disciples doesn't know how to speak", and Seppo replied "This old monk is too busy all the time with temple affairs"
😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
09 Apr 09

thankyou beetle, a true gentlemen, some like whitey and lemon yellow, want to smash them windows with an air gun or lob bricks through them from a distance, others like to simply grafitti them, others still like to hang out them and shout to the neighbors, some need their windows cleaned because of the rain! some have ecclesiastical stained glass, o ...[text shortened]... ke to open them and watch the children play others prefer double glazing and blackout blinds! 🙂
Oh so many words for just a window😵

You keep your window whilst me dance with vistesd; a window I don't really need for I am already out There sitting Here quietly Dancing in the Mind-Only wan dot d four multiuniverse😵

Cape Town

Moves
09 Apr 09

sorry i do not need to explain anything to you,
You do if you want to be taken seriously when you make the ridiculous claim that earthquakes are a result of Adam.

.. you are the one who has stated that Christ did not utter these saying,
No I did not. I pointed out that it was one possible explanation that knightmeister was conveniently ignoring.

were those people given warning? yes they were, hours before! did they ignore the warnings, yes they did! what has it got to do with God or Adam, that's correct, absolutely nothing, it is a statement reminiscent of the shortsighted and tabloid press, when someone builds there house of the san andreas fault line and then blames God when an earthquake occurs.
Do you know how much of the earths surface is at high risk for natural disasters? Didn't think so.
So you are now making the even more ridiculous claim that all deaths due to natural disasters are a result of foolishness on the part of the victims. Sorry but that just doesn't fly.

T

Moves
09 Apr 09
7 edits

Originally posted by knightmeister
This may only be coincidence, but the most dishonest people I've come across have all believed in "the propitiatory sacrifice of the christ." Perhaps it's because they don't take responsibility for their actions.----ToO-----

It's not a coincidence. You actively seek out Christians , play mind games with them , refuse to play fair by pretending you a t way of looking at things.

Right now 3 looks the most likely to me )
"It's not a coincidence. You actively seek out Christians , play mind games with them , refuse to play fair by pretending you are not having a debate when you are , expect them to answer your questions but won't answer their questions ----and then , when they finally get frustrated with you , you can then accuse them of dishonesty and lying...you go into debate after debate with the latest new "victim" trying to goad them into a behaviour that you hope will prove to you that your intial assumption was right all along."

A person will not murder no matter how much they feel someone "goads" them, unless they have the heart of a murderer. Likewise you are dishonest, because you have the heart of a dishonest person. You lie, because you have the heart of a liar. Consider why Jesus put so much emphasis on a person's heart and not just their actions. A murderer creates rationalizations to try to justify his actions to himself and others. He says, "He had it coming, he disrespected me." You similarly create rationalizations to try to justify your actions to yourself and others. You say, "He had it coming, he 'refuse[s] to play fair'" or "he goaded me." You're little different in your thought processes.

I'm not even going to try to explain again why I choose not to answer all your questions. Your rationalizations run amok.

"I challenge you to name a single person living or dead who has repented and committed to Jesus and then has never sinned again - if you can't think of anyone at all then you only have 3 options"

Like most of your "challenges" and questions, this one is seriously flawed. For one, the teachings of Jesus are not only about one's actions, but about what's in one's heart as I pointed out above. If I go by what you've written here, it's really pretty easy. It's likely that a large percentage of those who have made deathbed commitments fit this criteria. If you want to go by a person's heart, there is no way for another human being to be able "prove" another's heart is pure is there? Likewise, unless the person sins outwardly, there's no way for anyone to "prove" that their heart isn't pure. I guess we can add this to your very long list of flawed propositions. The sad thing is that you actually delude yourself into thinking that I have pretty much stopped addressing them because it's "awkward" for me.

You can continue to hang on to your rationalization that it's okay for you to continue to commit sin because you have no "proof" that anyone else has done it.

Just keep in mind that Jesus taught otherwise:
"You are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

"If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

"Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and spacious and broad is the way that leads away to destruction, and many are those who are entering it. But the gate is narrow and the way is straitened and compressed that leads away to life, and few are they who find it."

rc

Moves
09 Apr 09
3 edits

in response to whitey

i never stated that earthquakes were the result of Adamic sin, you did! so if you want to be taken seriously, best evaluate your own propaganda! from this point on, unless you have anything positive to say to me, do not bother posting in response to my thoughts, for i do not wish to feel and think as negatively as you -have a good day - regards robbie.

c

Moves
10 Apr 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
Why make up such a complicated story? Why not simply disbelieve the basic story given in the Bible? You clearly don't believe a large part of the New Testament, then why believe the whole resurrection piece?
I believe that much of what passes for intelligent thought is just emotion in disguise and your perfectly ridiculous comments prove this - you are probably in many other respects an intelligent person but you have an emotional need to believe in the bible and it has unhinged your intellect. Consider this: The deep states of meditation during which all gross signs of life cease are very well documented in perfect detail, I know people who have obtained such states and I have experienced them myself. This is checkable through experience should you wish to cultivate these states your self. Jesus's life in India is also well documentated.

You would rather believe that Jesus was the son of god and died on a cross to save your sins (the exact mechanism for this has never been explained) and that on the third he rose from the dead and was raised to heaven on a cloud and you call this the 'basic story' and my comments on verifiable meditation states as 'complicated'.

Typical of millions of fools you have had your critical faculities removed the day you got baptised.

Cape Town

Moves
10 Apr 09

in response to whitey

i never stated that earthquakes were the result of Adamic sin, you did! so if you want to be taken seriously, best evaluate your own propaganda! from this point on, unless you have anything positive to say to me, do not bother posting in response to my thoughts, for i do not wish to feel and think as negatively as you -have a good day - regards robbie.
As for whether or not you said it I quote you:
wrong, it is all directly traceable in one way or another to the rebellion in the Garden of Eden

I have gone back over my posts and do not think I have been particularly rude or negative. You made a claim (as quoted above) and stated "deny it you cannot." I felt that you needed to give it more support before I would stop denying it. You then changed your argument, and when I ask for clarification on that you go off in a huff. I think you have simply realized that most human suffering is due to nature and that pining nature on human sin is not as straight forward as you would like it to be.

Cape Town

Moves
10 Apr 09

Originally posted by clearlight
I believe that much of what passes for intelligent thought is just emotion in disguise and your perfectly ridiculous comments prove this - you are probably in many other respects an intelligent person but you have an emotional need to believe in the bible and it has unhinged your intellect.
Ha Ha Ha. You clearly didn't read my post very carefully. Go and read it again with an open mind this time.

Consider this: The deep states of meditation during which all gross signs of life cease are very well documented in perfect detail, I know people who have obtained such states and I have experienced them myself. This is checkable through experience should you wish to cultivate these states your self. Jesus's life in India is also well documentated.
Jesus' life in the middle east is poorly documented, I doubt that his life in India is any better documented. But we clearly have different standards when it comes to historical documentation.

You would rather believe that Jesus was the son of god and died on a cross to save your sins (the exact mechanism for this has never been explained) and that on the third he rose from the dead and was raised to heaven on a cloud and you call this the 'basic story' and my comments on verifiable meditation states as 'complicated'.
No, I would rather believe that Jesus died on the cross or was never crucified in the first place.

Typical of millions of fools you have had your critical faculities removed the day you got baptised.
When you are done with your insults look at your self and ask yourself why you would want to believe that Jesus went to India. Whats in it for you?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
10 Apr 09

LOL, oh beetle i am hopeless, a fish caught in the net, alas i cannot deny it! never the less, when i reach 1700, within 300 hundred points of the master himself, then we must play!, for this system of yours, of logging every move since 1988, after 1.d4 has really intrigued me, a living , growing, organic entity it has become, spreading branches out ...[text shortened]... ey reach their zenith, and then tentatively on, into the unkown! is it not beautiful to behold!
Ah ye lang leggedy beastie Rabbie,

Whilst you try desperately and in vain to survive the sharp attack by twhitehead, LemonJello et all, I am glad to inform you that her name will be Alexandra!

Finally, after a fruitful debate and a perfectly accurate and balanced evaluation of the mind, Ulysses and his beloved wife decided to name their pinky Venus, Alexandra! Needless to add that this very name was the first I proposed to our friend Ulysses, who after a while succumbed anyway to the brutal force of the scientific find and evidence that proves that, when a wife wants something, resistence is futile.
The lucky baby girl will get her name this summer!

Of course Alexandra the Baby will hopefully gain the virtue and the sharp mentality of the other famous Alexandra, your beloved Kosteniuk, along with the fine looks of her mom and the craftiness of her dad, who BTW has his birthday today!

PS: Ulysses told me amongst else that his beloved wife urged him to inform asap Mihai Suba and Drazen Marovic about her decision to accept both of them as trainers of Alexandra. Therefore, even you my trusty feer Rabbie, a skoosh addicted big time Scot with a flappin kilt and this vivid tendency to spray them happily every now and then, you may realise that, since beauty and intelligence are going together, very soon Alexandra will start teaching her father the essentials of the Nimzo-Indian (1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bc4 4.e3 d5 -if 4. ...Nc6 then 5.Nf3 0-0 6.Bd3 d5 as mentioned at the tricky Ragozin variation, which claimed a notorious victory even over King Bobby).

Oh, it seems to me that I hi-jacked this thread😵

c

Moves
10 Apr 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
Ha Ha Ha. You clearly didn't read my post very carefully. Go and read it again with an open mind this time.

[b]Consider this: The deep states of meditation during which all gross signs of life cease are very well documented in perfect detail, I know people who have obtained such states and I have experienced them myself. This is checkable through exper ...[text shortened]... ask yourself why you would want to believe that Jesus went to India. Whats in it for you?
I read it carefully and understood it - if my understanding is incorrect it is because there a diffierence between what you wrote and what you meant. I am not a mind reader.

Jesus's life is poorly documented because he was not a significant figure at the time - Christianity was not started by Jesus during in his lifetime. It was started by another long after Jesus was dead. 'Messiahs' were ten a penny at the time. It is not in the churches interest to publicise the life of Jesus in Inda which is why his life there may be news to you - it is not news to millions of others. These are few points for you to consider. You say you 'doubt' the documentation in India but you say we 'clearly' have different standards where documentation is concerned - how does 'doubt' become clarity? This is another example of how you delude yourself with unciritcal thinking.

I do not necessarily believe Jesus went to India at all. A lawyer friend of mine told me that in law there is no such thing as the truth - there is only evidense. There is evidense Jesus went to India. Maybe that evidense is correct maybe incorrect but there is evidense. I am only interested in what is verifiable through experience. Fairy stories, myths and obvious biblical lies are of no interest to me. Whats in it for me? Intellectual and spiritual freedom and chance at real liberation not the false of hope of salvation by the non-existant son of a non-existant god.

U
Named 'Nobody'

At the Siren's arms

Moves
10 Apr 09

Ah ye lang leggedy beastie Rabbie,

Whilst you try desperately and in vain to survive the sharp attack by twhitehead, LemonJello et all, I am glad to inform you that her name will be Alexandra!

Finally, after a fruitful debate and a perfectly accurate and balanced evaluation of the mind, Ulysses and his beloved wife decided to name their pinky Venu ...[text shortened]... a notorious victory even over King Bobby).

Oh, it seems to me that I hi-jacked this thread😵
My friends…
Ulysses is sick. He is very sick. I sat with little 5 ½ months old Pinky over an empty board yesterday and I tried to see her comprehension of the Royal Game. I gave her a white pawn. She immediately placed it on e4!!!! It can’t be!!!! I took it from her and placed it on d4. She immediately moved it again on e4. No my darling I said. Gambit. Spell Gambiiiit.
She immediately tried to mumble something like Rrrrrrruuuuuuyyyyyy and then she pointed out at the tv showing a video clip by Jennifer Lopez. My wife found Pinky laughing over her fainted dad. What has happened she asked? My daughter my own beloved daughter betrayed her dad and showed a clear intention to deploy Ruy Lopez.
You fool she said. The little kid knows better. Don’t be upset. Give her a black pawn instead. I did so. I gave her a black pawn. She started crying. Hush my baby baby don’t you cry, I sung. What exactly do you need? She reached out to grasp a black bishop and a knight. After examining them carefully she placed the bishop in b4 and the Knight in f6. She started clapping her hands with joy.
Dad is hospitalized and gets a very strong anti-allergic treatment. Pinky still laughs looking at my poor condition. Mom has enforced a three months suspension from chess activities after the side effects of these experiments.
Cheers.🙂

Thread hi-jacked again....