1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 11:391 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Good. So you should have no trouble with what I say, unless you have proof
    I did not tell the truth, because I try to tell the truth to the best of my ability.
    Dasa thinks he is telling the "truth" too when he asserts that what you are telling people is "not the truth". People who believe that "Jihad" will be rewarded with "70 virgins" reckon they are telling the "truth" to the best of their ability too. In each case, no amount of faith and certainty can lift the assertions above being merely subjective and speculative "hopes".
  2. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 12:021 edit
    Good. So you should have no trouble with what I say, unless you have proof
    I did not tell the truth, because I try to tell the truth to the best of my ability.
    you are a queef.

Your buddy Dasa is a 7 day old quaff.

Anata wa totemo bakayaro
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 13:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Dasa thinks he is telling the "truth" too when he asserts that what you are telling people is "not the truth". People who believe that "Jihad" will be rewarded with "70 virgins" reckon they are telling the "truth" to the best of their ability too. In each case, no amount of faith and certainty can lift the assertions above being merely subjective and speculative "hopes".
    You are banding together assertion from people who believe in free virgins for Jihad .......with persons who accept and know the truth of being through self realization from practising and following time tested bonafide spiritual process,s of spiritual living which culminate in love of God and purity of heart.

Your lack of awareness and deliberation about spirituality and true religion is woeful.

You cannot distinguish the difference between true religion and false religion - as proven recently in the past when the forum was asked to give examples of true and false religion and no person including yourself could offer any.

This is your dishonesty on display again and again and again and again.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 13:35
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You are banding together assertion from people who believe in free virgins for Jihad .......with persons who accept and know the truth of being through self realization from practising and following time tested bonafide spiritual process,s of spiritual living which culminate in love of God and purity of heart.

Your lack of awareness and deliberation about ...[text shortened]... self could offer any.

This is your dishonesty on display again and again and again and again.
    dasa!! do you live within the walls of religious organisation, are you like a monk or something or do you live and work in the outside world? i just wondered how much contact you have with people of different faiths and beliefs on a day to day basis.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 13:351 edit
    You cannot distinguish the difference between true religion and false religion...
    When you talk about your own religion as being the "true religion" and religions you don't happen to subscribe to as "false religions" you are using the words "true" and "false" in a purely subjective way.

Telling me your religion is "true" in this way over and over and over and over again, and characterizing my disagreement with you as "dishonest", doesn't work Dasa, it hasn't worked for you recently, and it's never worked for you on this web site.

All you seem to have in your advocacy toolbox is 'Assert & Insult'. As I say, it doesn't work. I am not a religionist. What you 'assert', what RJHinds chooses to 'assert', or what a Jihadist chooses to 'assert' about the reality of my life or the substance of my beliefs, is all a much of a muchness to me.

One is no more or less absurd and speculative than the others. Your personal insults have absolutely no effect on my beliefs, nor do they have any effect on the persuasiveness of your assertions. You must know this by now. Surely?

You do not have to agree with me, Dasa. Really, you don't. Nor do you need to call me "dishonest" for having a different belief system from you.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 15:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    When you talk about your own religion as being the "true religion" and religions you don't happen to subscribe to as "false religions" you are using the words "true" and "false" in a purely subjective way.

Telling me your religion is "true" in this way over and over and over and over again, and characterizing my disagreement with you as "dishonest", doesn't ...[text shortened]... o call me "dishonest" for having a different belief system from you.
    Dasa seems to believe in his religion as much as I believe in Christ and I believe
    he may have a sincere will to help others see what he believes is the truth in
    the same way as I do. However, we all see things differently. You may be here
    posting for a similiar reason. I do not know. But if you are really not interested
    in being converted or converting, you should not respond to either of us. And
    only respond to people you think is of equal intelligence as you and has similiar
    beliefs and you would receive no insults and you would not feel obliged to do
    any insulting of your own. However, since I have come to know you better I
    think you enjoy insulting and confronting others that you disagree with.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 16:181 edit
    Dasa seems to believe in his religion as much as I believe in Christ and I believe
    he may have a sincere will to help others see what he believes is the truth in
    the same way as I do. However, we all see things differently. You may be here
    posting for a similiar reason. I do not know. But if you are really not interested
    in being converted or convert ...[text shortened]... nd you would receive no insults and you would not feel obliged to do
    any insulting of your own.
    How very odd that you should seek to advise me on how I post on one hand and yet accuse me of working for or being influenced by Satan in post after post after post, on the other.

As for Dasa, it is he who chooses to insult people - including you and me - not that it means much to either you or me, I'm sure.

Your idea that I should not engage Dasa and his assertions because then I "would receive no insults" seems especially peculiar. This is a discussion forum after all. I would have expected you to stand up for free speech and come out against Dasa's obvious modus operandi of trying to abuse and browbeat people - who have different beliefs than him - into silence.

As I am sure you will concede, I have been among the more polite and supportive posters with regard to Dasa, and I hardly ever insult him or get upset with him. Several posters have commented on my measured tone with him.

However, since I have come to know you better I think you enjoy insulting and confronting others that you disagree with.

It is for others to say whether or not I "enjoy insulting" people. I think it is a little harsh, as I in fact make a point of not responding to insults with insults, and think I have a reputation for dogged but firm posting that, for the most part, doesn't use gratuitous rudeness to make its point.

As to whether people here, as they have come to know you better, have come to the conclusion that you enjoy insulting and confronting those that disagree with you, that is for others to comment on.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 16:261 edit
    The Christian is a proud man sitting above the common man with his Bible tucked under his arm with chapters and verse,s marked with little bits of white paper, ready to do combat with any who challenge the word of Christ.

The pages are well worn where he has trumpeted out the words to the common man that Gods wrath shall seek out and punish the sinner who r r terrible torment for eternity.

WAKE UP .......and get honest and get some common sense.
    Yeah, but how does this help?

You would prolly say that you are pointing out flaws and showing people the error of their ways
    (I actually gave you a thumbs up, just because there are some christians like that and since you had 5 thumbs down,presumably from christians,I thought it would even it out a bit.)
    You are a proud man , sitting above the common man with your Vedas.

Actually that whole little blurb about the pages being marked in the bible and that stuff- did you plagarize that from somewhere? It sounds familiar.

Thats right- It matters not that the verses were created by animal killers, drunkards, womanizers, intoxicators (what did you mean by that ? you already said "drunkards" ) and mundane academics and poets.
    Whats wrong with any of that? Truth will stand the test of time. Rome didn't. At the height of the Roman Empire did you think that anyone would think that it would crumble from the inside? The people that were plotting knew, thats for sure, but the leaders and government officials and soldiers???
    The US is trying very hard right now to maintain it's profit margins for the rich all the while not realizing that that is exactly what happened to Rome.
    Anyway, back on track, now you do know that there are about 40 000 denominations of christianity?
    Since you are giving out advice-which I'm absolutly positive no one will listen to, how about this.
    How about you concentrate on the positive side of christianity? After all it hasn't survived this long without it containing some good. A lot of good , actually. Things just aren't black and white, Dasa.
    firstly point out the point out something positive from JC or the bible and then, if you feel you have a poster interested, SUGGEST to them some other ways of thinking.

To finish a post like that (the last line) is not going to achieve anything, and if you cant heed my advice, for I have given a bit here and there, then how do you expect christians to heed yours,mmm?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 16:26
    What is one to make of people with fundamentalist beliefs - like Dasa and RJHinds - coming to an international, eclectic, ecumenical discussion forum, and then urging people who differ from them not to post?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 16:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is one to make of people with fundamentalist beliefs - like Dasa and RJHinds - coming to an international, eclectic, ecumenical discussion forum, and then urging people who differ from them not to post?
    I dont know man. They are consistently stubborn, show not an inkling of an open mind.
    Start OP's with obvious agendas that you can see a mile off.

I guess that both hate Islam 😛

Just goes to show that doesn't matter which religion you belong to,you can still be just as much of a jerk as the other guy in the other religion, which in turn shows that there is no right religion (for everyone).
    What do you reckon? Because I do think that some people sit well with certain obviously negative,biased and down-right rude attitudes- like it was their birthright or something
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 17:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    How very odd that you should seek to advise me on how I post on one hand and yet accuse me of working for or being influenced by Satan in post after post after post, on the other.

As for Dasa, it is he who chooses to insult people - including you and me - not that it means much to either you or me, I'm sure.

Your idea that I should not engage Dasa and hi ...[text shortened]... insulting and confronting those that disagree with you, that is for others to comment on.
    Very odd and peculiar you think. Why don't you call on Satan or Allah to give
    you understanding. I don't believe Dasa means to be insulting when he tells us
    his truth. He is not like me for I try to antagonize and insult some people who
    do the same to me. Dasa, however, requests that you stop being dishonest and
    does not call anyone a liar, at least not yet. I am the one that does that. So it
    seems I have made a few people dislike me for telling them the truth. That is
    okay for I have been warned that I would be hated for His namesake.

So what is your purpose for confronting me? I can understand Dasa, but for you
    it seems to be only a Satan inspired thing. I believe in free speech, especially
    for Dasa and myself. It seems it is atheists, who believe in evolution, that are
    against free speech, for those who disagree with them, to me. And I commend
    you for hardly ever insulting Dasa or getting upset with him.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 17:34
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I dont know man. They are consistently stubborn, show not an inkling of an open mind.
    Start OP's with obvious agendas that you can see a mile off.

I guess that both hate Islam 😛

Just goes to show that doesn't matter which religion you belong to,you can still be just as much of a jerk as the other guy in the other religion, which in turn shows th ...[text shortened]... ously negative,biased and down-right rude attitudes- like it was their birthright or something
    I wish I could write songs. I would write a sond entitled, "Born to be Rude".
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 17:52
    There is nothing new under the sun.

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Horrid_Henry_-_Born_to_Be_Rude.html
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 17:54
    The REAL truth is nobody on Earth knows jack about spirituality. Some people know about the brain, like Yoga masters and such but calming the brain is not spirituality, it is better than nothing but it doesn't lead to supernatural knowledge. All organized religions are organized for a purpose, mostly to gain followers regardless of what the leaders say. So Dasa, RJHinds, and all the rest of the fundie crowd are in EXACTLY the same boat, the boat of pretend.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 17:58
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The REAL truth is nobody on Earth knows jack about spirituality. Some people know about the brain, like Yoga masters and such but calming the brain is not spirituality, it is better than nothing but it doesn't lead to supernatural knowledge. All organized religions are organized for a purpose, mostly to gain followers regardless of what the leaders say. So ...[text shortened]... JHinds, and all the rest of the fundie crowd are in EXACTLY the same boat, the boat of pretend.
    Are you going to follow Dasa or Me or someone else?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree