1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 20:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Very odd and peculiar you think. Why don't you call on Satan or Allah to give
    you understanding. I don't believe Dasa means to be insulting when he tells us
    his truth. He is not like me for I try to antagonize and insult some people who
    do the same to me. Dasa, however, requests that you stop being dishonest and
    does not call anyone a liar, at least ...[text shortened]... ith them, to me. And I commend
    you for hardly ever insulting Dasa or getting upset with him.
    " I believe in free speech, especially
    for Dasa and myself. "

Not quite grasped this free speech thing then.

The reason yourself and Dasa appear to agree on the means to an end; if not the end itself has nothing to do with your religious beliefs. It has more to do with the determined arrogance and animosity that you both display toward your fellow humans, which is much more likely to have it's source in your own low self esteem rather than any 'Truths' you have deluded yourselves into 'possessing'.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 21:101 edit
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    " I believe in free speech, especially
    for Dasa and myself. "

Not quite grasped this free speech thing then.

The reason yourself and Dasa appear to agree on the means to an end; if not the end itself has nothing to do with your religious beliefs. It has more to do with the determined arrogance and animosity that you both display toward your fellow h n low self esteem rather than any 'Truths' you have deluded yourselves into 'possessing'.
    That's why they cling so tenaciously to their so-called faiths.

They are like drowning people clinging to a rock.
  3. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 21:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The REAL truth is nobody on Earth knows jack about spirituality. Some people know about the brain, like Yoga masters and such but calming the brain is not spirituality, it is better than nothing but it doesn't lead to supernatural knowledge. All organized religions are organized for a purpose, mostly to gain followers regardless of what the leaders say. So ...[text shortened]... JHinds, and all the rest of the fundie crowd are in EXACTLY the same boat, the boat of pretend.
    Eastern religions do much more than just calm the mind. If you have never had a spiritual experience then I understand your stance. After one has such an experience you can never be talked out of your belief. Just hang around long enough and you might see what I mean.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 21:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That's why they cling so tenaciously to their so-called faiths.

They are like drowning people clinging to a rock.
    I'm no expert; but it seems the less comfort people get from their beliefs the more vociferous and aggressive they are in exerting their faith; or possibly the other way round.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 21:411 edit
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    I'm no expert; but it seems the less comfort people get from their beliefs the more vociferous and aggressive they are in exerting their faith; or possibly the other way round.
    It's how they are brainwashed by their religions, in christianity (AKA paulism) they are programmed to expect adversity, GROW STRONG BROTHER, course they don't say GROW STRONG SISTER, because they WANT their women weak...

In the men's case, they actually don't grow stronger, they just grow more stubborn and less able to use the mental gifts that separates us from the other apes.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 23:12
    Dasa, however, requests that you stop being dishonest and does not call anyone a liar, at least not yet.
    Dasa calls people liars and claims they are being dishonest all the time. It sometimes feels as if it is all he has to offer.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 23:19
    ... I commend you for hardly ever insulting Dasa or getting upset with him.
    And yet in an earlier post you suggested that I "feel obliged" to insult him and you also suggested that I "enjoy insulting" him. Which is it to be?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 00:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet in an earlier post you suggested that I "feel obliged" to insult him and you also suggested that I "enjoy insulting" him. Which is it to be?
    You said in an earlier post, "I have been among the more polite and supportive
    posters with regard to Dasa, and I hardly ever insult him or get upset with him."

I don't believe that so I made the ironic statement commending for it.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 01:05
    I don't believe that so I made the ironic statement commending for it.
    Which of your statements are you now claiming was ironic?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 01:141 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which of your statements are you now claiming was ironic?
    The only one that I commended you on, you idiot. If English is not your
    primary language, I apologize for the idiot remark.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 01:17
    The only one that I commended you on, you idiot. If English is not your
    primary language, I apologize for the idiot remark.
    Can you cite any of my posts in the last year or so that "insult" Dasa in anything remotely like the way he routinely abuses and insults me and others here on this forum? I don't think you can.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 01:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can you cite any of my posts in the last year or so that "insult" Dasa in anything remotely like the way he routinely abuses and insults me and others here on this forum? I don't think you can.
    You are a real idiot if you think I am going to waste my time looking up all your
    insults so I can quote them back to you.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 01:491 edit
    You are a real idiot if you think I am going to waste my time looking up all your
    insults so I can quote them back to you.
    Well that is the crux of the matter. No one has asked you to "look up all [my] insults". Just a few would suffice. But you cannot substantiate what you are claiming about me. And this latest response confirms that. You or I could slap together an indicative 'anthology' of raw personal abuse from Dasa in just a few moments. Your suggestion that I insult Dasa, in anything even approaching the way he abuses me and others, would be something you could substantiate - if it were true - in very little time. The fact that you won't quite clear shows that you can't.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 02:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well that is the crux of the matter. No one has asked you to "look up all [my] insults". Just a few would suffice. But you cannot substantiate what you are claiming about me. And this latest response confirms that. You or I could slap together an indicative 'anthology' of raw personal abuse from Dasa in just a few moments. Your suggestion that I insult Dasa, in ...[text shortened]... true[/i] - in very little time. The fact that you won't quite clear shows that you can't.
    Why don't you ask Dasa what he thinks about this. You want believe me anyway
    for you already view me as a cheat and a liar.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 02:15
    Why don't you ask Dasa what he thinks about this. You want believe me anyway
    for you already view me as a cheat and a liar.
    Why don't you just substantiate your claim? I - and anybody else remotely interested - will have no choice but to believe you if you substantiate your claim.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree