1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 10:16
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Oh dear, I hadn't realised quite how much of a nutter you are. Vegetarian haggis! Oh my sides.
    yes , lots of nuts and tasty things in vegetarian haggis, you should try it, you'll never go back to that horrible ol sheeps stomach and intestines.
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 May '13 10:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes , lots of nuts and tasty things in vegetarian haggis, you should try it, you'll never go back to that horrible ol sheeps stomach and intestines.
    Oh I've tried it. I'd even go as far as to say I enjoyed it. It's not haggis though, and it's not nearly so good.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 10:31
    Oh I've tried it. I'd even go as far as to say I enjoyed it. It's not haggis though, and it's not nearly so good.
    I dont believe anyone can like haggis, even the thought of it is enough to make me have convulsions.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 May '13 10:37
    I dont believe anyone can like haggis, even the thought of it is enough to make me have convulsions.
    Have you ever actually tried it? It's melt-in-the mouth deliciousness will completely wipe away your anti-offal prejudices. Best served with Drambuie gravy and buttered root-vegetable mash. Oh god it's only 11:30 and I'm already drooling...
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 10:491 edit
    Have you ever actually tried it? It's melt-in-the mouth deliciousness will completely wipe away your anti-offal prejudices. Best served with Drambuie gravy and buttered root-vegetable mash. Oh god it's only 11:30 and I'm already drooling...
    yes, on Burns night its a tradition in Scotland, its usually served among the peasantry with mashed potatoes and neeps (turnip)
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 May '13 10:56
    yes, on Burns night its a tradition in Scotland, its usually served among the peasantry with mashed potatoes and neeps (turnip)
    This does not compute. I've never met anybody before who actually tried haggis and didn't like it.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 11:022 edits
    This does not compute. I've never met anybody before who actually tried haggis and didn't like it.
    well, there is first time 🙂 I do like Scots dumpling, do you get that? its like sweet, brown in colour, with raisins in it and we fry it for breakfast. I have west Indian friends who brought me a traditional Jamaican dumpling which was essentially the same, but a little spicier. They made Johnny cakes alongside and we had it for breakfast.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 May '13 11:12
    well, there is first time 🙂 I do like Scots dumpling, do you get that? its like sweet, brown in colour, with raisins in it and we fry it for breakfast. I have west Indian friends who brought me a traditional Jamaican dumpling which was essentially the same, but a little spicier. They made Johnny cakes alongside and we had it for breakfast.
    Cloutie pudding you mean? It's ok, but I don't really go for sweet food. For breakfast I prefer porridge and a lorne sausage piece.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 May '13 12:417 edits
    Its a shocking misuse of scripture and if he does not make a recantation I may be forced to hand him over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh along with R J Hinds for eating meat.

You are neither able to exercise any Jehovah's Witness would-be apostolic authority to discipline me, but more importantly you cannot prove any "shocking misuse of scripture" by me.

Last of all ... "for eating MEAT ??"

So you boast here, not to some apostolic co-worker (as Paul mentioned to Timothy) but you boast in public to a skeptical critic of the Gospel that you may be forced to hand me over to Satan ?

Well Pope Robbie Corrobie, I don't know what occult voodoo you are deceived is Watchtower apostolic discipline that you can render a man washed in the blood of Jesus and indwelt with the Holy Spirit, a member of the Body of Christ and expounding rightly the word of God, but you go ahead and try.

And for my part I will announce to my prayer partners that someone in Jehovah's Witnesses thinks he's going to "turn me over to Satan". And that for eating meat. And we'll see how the Holy Spirit leads us to pray concerning this attack against the Body of Christ.

Just out of curiosity -
    WHICH passage I expounded do you accuse me of "shocking misuse" ?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 May '13 13:055 edits
    Its a shocking misuse of scripture

So my reference and usage of Matt. 11:25 you judge as a shocking misuse of scripture to which I should recant ?

I see absolutely no "shocking misuse of scripture" by me there.

For one I made it clear to the readers that I was employing a "perhaps" that Jesus was answering His Father. Perhaps means I do not know for certain. That is no misuse.

Then perhaps that is why it says "At that time Jesus answered ..."

I am a very careful expounder of the Scriptures.

Now here's your shocking misuse of Scripture by the antichrist teaching organization - teaching that John 1:1 says the Word that was with God is not the Word the was God.

That is a shocking misuse of Scripture. And I don't even re-call any JW saying "perhaps" concerning that.

No recantation whatsoever from me.
    Actually, I think the musing this way about that verse Matt. 11:25 is rather edifying.

You should recant that you teach that the Word was another god.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '13 13:50
    The Word was with God and was God became fresh and was manifested in Christ Jesus, Yahshua the messiah.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    12 May '13 15:10
    Q. Do you (Jehovah's ...[edit]... God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.
    Interesting is that you have not mentioned that Christ stated that the Father is greater than he, that he can do nothing of his own initiative, strange for some who is allegedly almighty or that he subjects himself to God after his resurrection, why not?

Nothing interesing about it all, I am not so hung up on the one verse and I don't know. I can make an educated guess from what I understand of the reference and that is maybe Jesus was refering to the Father from the perspective as a man on earth before ascending? Maybe a good study topic though, and a good question.

I was wondering what your thoughts are on...

Revelation 22:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Who is speaking, and what is the inent?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 15:461 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Its a shocking misuse of scripture and if he does not make a recantation I may be forced to hand him over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh along with R J Hinds for eating meat.

You are neither able to exercise any Jehovah's Witness would-be apostolic authority to discipline me, but more importantly you cannot prove any "shock of curiosity -
    WHICH passage I expounded do you accuse me of "shocking misuse" ?
    It was an attempt at humour, you were being handed over to Satan for misusing scriptures, R J Hinds for eating meat. loosen up dude, you are way too uptight.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 15:521 edit
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    Interesting is that you have not mentioned that Christ stated that the Father is greater than he, that he can do nothing of his own initiative, strange for some who is allegedly almighty or that he subjects himself to God after his resurrection, why not?

Nothing interesing about it all, I am not so hung up on the one verse and I don't know. I ...[text shortened]... e beginning and the end, the first and the last.[/i]

Jesus was what? can you explain how you get from,

(Matthew 4:9, 10) Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.

to maybe Jesus was refering to the Father from the perspective as a man on earth before ascending? and how that has any bearing on the subject of why Jesus is emphasising that the father must be worshipped exclusively.

as to the verse that you cite, yes i could answer it easily and have done so on these forums many times, but lets see you answer one or two questions first, shall we.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 15:57
    Originally posted by kd2acz

Nothing interesing about it all, I am not so hung up on the one verse and I don't know. I ...[text shortened]... e beginning and the end, the first and the last.[/i]

Alpha and Omega: To whom does this title properly belong?

(1) At Revelation 1:8, its owner is said to be God, the Almighty. In verse 11 according to KJV, that title is applied to one whose description thereafter shows him to be Jesus Christ. But scholars recognize the reference to Alpha and Omega in verse 11 to be spurious, and so it does not appear in Revised standard, New English , JB, New Amplified Bible , Douy.

(2) Many translations of Revelation into Hebrew recognize that the one described in verse 8 is Jehovah, and so they restore the personal name of God there. See NW, 1984 Reference edition.

(3) Revelation 21:6, 7 indicates that Christians who are spiritual conquerors are to be ‘sons’ of the one known as the Alpha and the Omega. That is never said of the relationship of spirit-anointed Christians to Jesus Christ. Jesus spoke of them as his ‘brothers.’ (Heb. 2:11; Matt. 12:50; 25:40) But those ‘brothers’ of Jesus are referred to as “sons of God.” (Gal. 3:26; 4:6)

(4) At Revelation 22:12, TEV inserts the name Jesus, so the reference to Alpha and Omega in verse 13 is made to appear to apply to him. But the name Jesus does not appear there in Greek, and other translations do not include it.

(5) At Revelation 22:13, the Alpha and Omega is also said to be “the first and the last,” which expression is applied to Jesus at Revelation 1:17, 18. Similarly, the expression “apostle” is applied both to Jesus Christ and to certain ones of his followers. But that does not prove that they are the same person or are of equal rank, does it? (Heb. 3:1) So the evidence points to the conclusion that the title “Alpha and Omega” applies to Almighty God, the Father, not to the Son.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree