1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 17:142 edits
    This Spirit will give life to their mortal bodies, and that not ONLY in physical resurrection. He will give divine life to their mortal bodies to empower them to overcome the death that is elaborated as in their bodies in chapter 7.

Put the two passage together and you should see:

" Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from the body of this death?

Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord! " (7:24,25a)

And if the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you.

So then, brothers, we are debtors not to the flesh to live according to the flesh; (8:12,13a)

The last Adam became a divine life giving Spirit. That is why Paul says that this Spirit of Christ is Christ. And the Triune God is not the figment of man's imagination as you long to convince yourself of.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 May '16 17:35
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    It is not capitalized because it is the "gift" of holy spirit. You fail to see this because of your Trinity belief.
    I believe that Holy Spirit is another name for God who is holy and He is spirit.
    The term holy spirit refers to God's gift which is an "it" not a person. This gift is what enables a Christian to hear from God and Jesus. This gift is what empowers the Christian with it's 9 manifestations.
    Here is another one:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The gift of the HOLY SPIRIT.

CAPITALS
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 17:452 edits
    You fail to see this because of your Trinity belief.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Spirit of God is Christ. So there is a three-oneness in God which we can call trinity.

The Christ is also the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead.

So there is a three-oneness in the nature of God which we can call trinity.

The believers in Romans 8:9-11 can make no experimental difference between Christ and "the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead".

We are told that the Father raised Jesus from the dead a number of times. For instance in Ephesians 1:17-19.

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory ... He caused to operated in Christ in raising Him from the dead and seating Him at His right hand in the heavenlies ..." (See vs. 17, 20)

The Father raised Christ from the dead and seated Him at His right hand. Yet when God is imparted into His people they can detect no difference between Christ and the Spirit of the One Who raised Jesus from the dead.

Let me say so again. Within the innermost beings of the Christians, they cannot tell any difference between the Spirit of God and Christ. They can tell no difference between Christ and He Who raised Jesus from the dead.

So the Trinity is a reality and your anti-trinitarian belief is a man-made thing to resist the divine revelation of Scripture.

I believe that Holy Spirit is another name for God who is holy and He is spirit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is mainly about this Person [for lack of a better human language word] of the Holy Spirit. He is Christ.

" Yet if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him. But if Christ is in you ..." (Rom. 8:9c,10a)

Did you receive a living Person into your being ? This Person is the Spirit of God Who is also Christ. The two are distinct but not separate.

Did you receive a living Person into your being? This Person is the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead and is Christ. The two are distinct but cannot be separated.

So the Trinity is the Christian's experience. The Father raised Jesus from the dead
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 17:50

The term holy spirit refers to God's gift which is an "it" not a person. This gift is what enables a Christian to hear from God and Jesus. This gift is what empowers the Christian with it's 9 manifestations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last Adam is and was a Person. And the life giving Spirit that the last Adam became is a Person.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

He is an unusual Person and a supernatural Person. But human language practically calls for us to use the term "Person" to describe this One. At least the Christians have to "borrow" the word Person to express this mysterious matter.

When "the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" He did not become an impersonal force. He did not become like an electrical current which has no personality.

In fact the pure word of the New Testament tells us that the Lord Jesus Christ IS the Spirit.

" And the Lord is the Spirit ... " ( 2 Cor. 3:17)

The Lord there is Christ Jesus the Lord -

" For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord ..." ( 4:5)

" Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." (1:1)

" ... in the day of our Lord Jesus." (v.14)

The Lord [ Jesus Christ ] is the Spirit. The last Adam became a life giving Spirit and it is this Spirit that gives divine life, so He is a life imparting "Person".

" ... but the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life" (2 Cor. 2:6b)
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 18:33
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So this means what:

1Jn_5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The three are God, Christ and God?
    1J 5:7 “Indeed.” The Greek hoti (#3754 ὅτι is not being used in a causal sense here, but in the sense of “indeed,” “in fact.” (cp. S. Smalley, Word Biblical Commentary: 1, 2, 3 John). The text note in the NET First Edition says, “It is probably best, therefore, to understand this second hoti as…not strictly causal but inferential in sense….” Cp. H. Cassirer, God’s New Covenant: A New Testament Translation, which reads, “And so it is that.” Sometimes this sense of the hoti is left out when the Greek is translated into English, as N. T. Wright had done in The Kingdom New Testament, but we felt it better to have it translated.

“there are three testifying.” Some English versions have a shorter rendition of 1 John 5:7-8 than the King James Version does. The reason that there are different translations of these verses is that some Greek texts contain an addition that was not original, and that addition was placed into some English versions, such as the KJV. The note in the NIV Study Bible, which is well known for its ardent belief in the Trinity, says, “The addition is not found in any Greek manuscript or NT translation prior to the 16th century.”

Most modern versions are translated from Greek texts without the addition. We will quote the NIV84: “For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.” We agree with the textual scholars, and conclude from the evidence of the Greek texts that the statement that the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit are “one” was added to the Word of God by men and should not be in the Bible.

There are many Trinitarian scholars who freely admit that the Greek text from which the KJV is translated was adjusted in this verse to support the Trinity. The Greek scholar A. T. Robertson, author of A Grammar of the Greek New Testament in Light of Historical Research, and the multi-volume Word Pictures in the New Testament, writes:

At this point [1 John 5:7] the Latin Vulgate gives the words in the Textus Receptus, found in no Greek MS. save two late cursives (162 in the Vatican Library of the fifteenth century, [No.] 34 of the sixteenth century in Trinity College, Dublin). Jerome did not have it. Erasmus did not have it in his first edition, but rashly offered to insert it if a single Greek MS. had it, and [manuscript number] 34 was produced with the insertion, as if made to order. Some Latin scribe caught up Cyprian’s exegesis and wrote it on the margin of his text, and so it got into the Vulgate and finally into the Textus Receptus by the stupidity of Erasmus” (A. T. Robertson, Word Pictures in the New Testament, Baker Books, Grand Rapids, 1933, reprinted 1960, Vol. 6, pp. 240 and 241).

http://www.revisedenglishversion.com/commentary/1-John/5
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 18:37
    Originally posted by sonship
    I don't like the way this article fails to differentiate between the Spirit Who is God and the human spirit. The Spirit as He is God Himself should be capitalized.

[quote] “as yet there was no spirit.” The Greek text says “…for as yet there was no Spirit….” God’s gift of holy spirit existed in the Old Testament, as many verses show (cp. Num. 11:17-29; J ...[text shortened]... Our spirit
    by Witness Lee
    http://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=080B2D54FF[/b]

Actually the term "Holy Spirit" is not used at all in the Old Testament.

It's not? How about these....
    Ps 51:11
    11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,
    And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
    NKJV

Isa 63:10
    10 But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit;
    So He turned Himself against them as an enemy,
    And He fought against them.
    NKJV

Isa 63:11
    Where is He who put His Holy Spirit within them,
    NKJV
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 18:40
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Here is another one:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The gift of the HOLY SPIRIT.

CAPITALS
    Look it up, it should read “the gift of the holy spirit.” Capitols were placed there by men.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 18:53
    [b] You fail to see this because of your Trinity belief.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Spirit of God is Christ. So there is a three-oneness in God which we can call trinity.

The Christ is also the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead.

So there is a three-oneness in the nature of God w ...[text shortened]... parated.

So the Trinity is the Christian's experience. The Father raised Jesus from the dead[/b]

Did you receive a living Person into your being ? This Person is the Spirit of God Who is also Christ. The two are distinct but not separate.

I received the gift of holy spirit. I know it because I can speak in tongues, interpret and bring forth a word of prophecy ( for exhortation or comfort in a believers gathering).
    I know that this gift of holy spirit brings me into union with Christ Jesus and God.
    How do I know? Because the bible says that God was in Christ.
    God was in Christ who is in me, through His gift. Now, it does not make Christ nor me God.
    BTW...these discussions seem to bring discord with those reading.
    I want to say that I am glad that we can freely discuss and seek to be closer to God and Jesus. We just have disagreement on doctrine or interpretation.
    Having said that, I would stand with any Christian if push came to shove.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 May '16 19:101 edit
    I have never discussed this before, I don't think, on this Forum. The time has come examine this with some of you.
    The 'time came' a while back.

Thread 160219
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 21:04
    Originally posted by divegeester

Thread 160219
    Hah! you are absolutely right!
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 22:31
    Originally posted by divegeester

Thread 160219
    I stand corrected. I did discuss something of this previously.

Thanks.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 22:582 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Ps 51:11
    11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,
    And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
    NKJV

I take your examples seriously. I am aware that these kinds of utterances can be seen.
    For the moment I will give the rendering in a couple of other English translations.

"Psalm 51:11 - Do not cast me from Your presence, And do not take the spirit of Your holiness away from me." [Recovery Version]

[b] Darby Bible Translation
    Cast me not away from thy presence, and take not the spirit of thy holiness from me.

Most English versions I checked agree with KJV on Holy Spirit.
    I prefer the Darby and the RcV.

[/b]
    Isa 63:10
    10 But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit;
    So He turned Himself against them as an enemy,
    And He fought against them.
    NKJV [/b]

Recovery Version

"But they rebelled and grieved His Spirit of holiness; ..."

Of English versions I checked the RcV is definitely in the minority in this rendering.
    I prefer it.

Now bear with some selections from Brother Andrew Murray's classic book "The Spirit of Christ" My bolding:

The glorifying of Jesus and the streaming forth of His Spirit are intimately connected; in vital organic union the two are inseparably linked.. If we would have, not only the Spirit of God, but this Spirit of Christ, which 'was not yet,' but now is, the Spirit of the glorified Jesus, it is specially with the glorified Jesus we must believingly deal. We must not simply rest content with the faith that trusts in the cross and its pardon; we must seek to know the New Life, the Life of Glory and Power Divine in human nature, of which the Spirit of the glorified Jesus is meant to be the Witness and the Bearer. This is the mystery which was hid from ages and generations, but is now made known by the Holy Spirit, Christ in us; how He really can live His Divine life in us who are in the flesh. We have the most intense personal interest in knowing and understanding what it means that Jesus is glorified, that human nature shares the life and glory of God, that the Spirit was not yet, as long as Jesus was not glorified. And that not only because we are one day to see Him in His glory, and to be with Him in it. No, but even now, day by day, we are to live in it. The Holy Spirit is able to be to us just as much as we are willing to have of Him, and of the life of the glorified Lord.

'This spake Jesus of the Spirit, which they that believed on Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet; because Jesus was not yet glorified.' God be praised! Jesus has been glorified: there is now the Spirit of the glorified Jesus; we have received Him. In the Old Testament only the unity of God was revealed; when the Spirit was mentioned, it was always as His Spirit, the power by which God was working: in the New was not known on earth as a Person. In the New Testament the Trinity is revealed; with Pentecost - the Holy Spirit descended as a Person to dwell in us. This is the fruit of Jesus' work, that we now have the Personal Presence of the Holy Spirit on earth. Just as in Christ Jesus, the second Person, the Son, came to reveal the Father, and the Father dwelt and spoke in Him, even so the Spirit, the third Person, comes to reveal the Son, and in Him the Son dwells and works in us. This is the glory wherewith the Father glorified the Son of man, because the Son had glorified Him, that in His Name and through Him, the Holy Spirit descends as a Person to dwell in believers, and to make the glorified Jesus a Present Reality within them. This is it of which Jesus says, that whoso believeth in Him shall never thirst, but shall have rivers of waters flowing out of him. This alone it is that satisfies the soul's thirst, and makes it a fountain to quicken others; the Personal Indwelling of the Holy Spirit, revealing the Presence of the glorified Jesus.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 23:041 edit
    Andrew Murray on the John 7:29 again in The Spirit of Christ My bolding.

And just so the Spirit of God as poured out on Pentecost was indeed something new. Through the Old Testament He was always called the Spirit of God or the Spirit of the Lord; the name of Holy Spirit He did not yet bear as His own proper name.' It is only in connection with the work He has to do in preparing the way for Christ, and a body for Him, that the proper name comes into use (Luke 1: 15, 35). When poured out at Pentecost, He came as the Spirit of the glorified Jesus, the Spirit of the Incarnate, crucified, and exalted Christ, the bearer and communicator to us, not of the life of God as such, but of that life as it had been interwoven into human nature in the person of Christ Jesus. It is in this capacity specially that He bears the name of Holy Spirit, it is as the Indwelling One that God is Holy. And of this Spirit, as He dwelt in Jesus in the flesh, and can dwell in us in the flesh too, it is distinctly and literally true ; the Holy Spirit was not yet. The Spirit of the glorified Jesus, the Son of man become the Son of God He could not be ,until Jesus was glorified.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 May '16 23:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Adam was never a life giving "Spirit", the correct way for that to translated would be "spirit".

What translation was that pulled out of?
    "...compounded into the Spirit."

What does this mean?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 23:081 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "...compounded into the Spirit."

What does this mean?
    Let me address this profound matter with the type of the anointing oil and how God commanded Moses to prepare it.

Please prepare by reading Exodus 30:22-33. Get all the facts clear before you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree