1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 23:271 edit
    There is great significance to the compound ointment in Exodus 30. The epistle of First John speaks of the anointing. It surely hails back to the holy compound ointment of Exodus 30.

The holy anointing oil was a COMPOUND of olive oil and four spices. This compound was a type of the Spirit of Jesus Christ. This completed compound reveals the all-inclusive, life-giving Spirit of the Triune God, Who having passed through a process which includes the incarnation, living, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

To begin with the BASE of the compound was olive oil which many Bible teachers agree is a symbol of the Spirit of God. Into this Spirit were compounded four spices as ingredients.

Both the ingredients AND the measurements thereof are significant.

Cont. below.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '16 23:451 edit
    Flowing myrrh was the first ingredient spice compounded into the olive oil

Fragrant cinnamon was the second ingredient spice componded into the olive oil.

Fragrant calamus was the third ingredient spice compounded in the olive oil.

Cassia was the fourth ingredient spice compounded into the olive oil.

The measurements of these spice ingredients were as follows -

500 shekels of flowing myrrh
    250 shekels of fragrant cinnamon.
    250 shekels of fragrant calamus.
    500 shekels of cassia.

If anyone is able to hear it - This reveals the Three of the Trinity.
    That is three unites of 500. But the second 500 is split into two parts (250 shekels of fragrant cinnamon + 250 shekels of fragrant calamus) = 500 shekels.

The middle unit is SPLIT into two part to signify that the Second of the Trinity was crucified upon the cross.

That is 500 + (250+250) + 500. The middle 500 measurement is split in two to signify the crucifixion of the Son of God.

Here is what Exodus 30:23-25 says.

"You also take the finest spices of flowing myrrh five hundred shekels, and of fragrant cinnamon half as much, two hundred fifty shekels, and of fragrant calamus two hundred fifty shekels, And of cassia five hundred shekels according to the shekel of the sanctuary, and a hin of olive oil.

And you shall make it a holy anointing oil, a perfume COMPOUNDED according to the perfumer's art; it shall be a holy anointing oil."

This is symbolism of the preparation of the compounded life giving Spirit that the last Adam [Christ] became.

We will look more closely at the significance of the spices. It can be noted that the BASE of the compound was the hin of olive oil which typifies the Spirit of God. And into this eternal Spirit the "finest spices" signify the living death, resurrection and the effectiveness of these steps that Christ passed through being compounded into the eternal Spirit to prepare the Spirit of the glorified God-man Jesus Christ.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '16 00:012 edits
    The base of the compound anointing ointment is olive oil. The eternal Spirit of God is the base.

Into the eternal Spirit of God, the Second of the Trinity was compounded "finest" aspects of the life of Jesus the God-man on earth.

Flowing myrrh was a spice used for burial (John 19:39) This signifies the precious death of Christ. Christ's death is indeed precious.

" Or are you ignorant tat all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?" (Rom. 6:3)

We need much discussion to explore how PRECIOUS the death of Christ is to the Christian. Flowing myrrh signifies this precious death of Christ.

Myrrh was also used as a painkiller to reduce the suffering of death. They offered myrrh to Jesus on the cross. Their intention was to reduce the pain of His being crucified (Mark 15:23) .

He would not take it. Yet our suffering can be made bearable because the Spirit of Jesus can bring into our being this pain killing "myrrh".

Myrrh can also be used for healing the body when it secrets the wrong kind of secretion. In our human life spontaneously many wrong kinds of secretions seem to ooze out of our personalities. The death of Jesus is precious in that it can deal with these unwanted secretions that come out in our reactions and behavior.

We will go on to see the significance of fragrant cinnamon below.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '16 00:16
    After the mentioning of the "flowing myrrh" of 500 shekels there is the mentioning of half as much of "fragrant cinnamon". That is 250 shekels worth.

Fragrant cinnamon signifies the sweetness and the effectiveness of Christ's death.
    His death is precious. And when applied to us in the Holy Spirit His death is even sweetly effective. It is therefore "fragrant".

This passage speaks of the sweetness of Christ's death.

" For if you live according to the flesh, you must die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the practices of the body, you will live." (Rom. 8:13)

Bad habits, and practices of the sinful body can be put to death by applying the Holy Spirit. The terminating power of the Spirit of Jesus is sweet and liberating. Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom (2 Cor. 3:17)

The Christian can turn her heart to the Spirit within and apply Christ in His death to the unwanted practices of the body. By calling "O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus I am crucified with you. Lord You died therefore all have died. And all can live to righteousness" the sweet liberating power of the life giving Spirit applies termination to the old way of living.

Cinnamon was also prescribed for a weak heart. We can apply the Spirit of Christ and the included death of Christ stimulates our heart. This can strengthen the Christians and make him joyful and happy in the Lord.

" Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice." (Phil 4:4)

Paul was in prison. The situation was depressing when considered by sight and by the natural man. The churches he raised up were being damaged by his opposing detractors. Yet he tells the Philippians from prison to "Always rejoice in the Lord".

Depression can be terminated by the sweet effectiveness of Christ's death. And this death is COMPOUNDED into the Holy Spirit.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '16 00:341 edit
    The third ingredient was "fragrant calamus". Calamus came from a reed that grew upward in a marsh or a muddy place.

The sprouting up plant out of the muddy place or marsh signifies the precious resurrection of Christ.

These verses speak something of how precious the resurrection of Jesus is out of every dark and muddy death and oppressive, depressive atmosphere.

"And raised us up together with Him in the heavenlies in Christ Jesus" (Eph. 2:6)

" If therefore you were raised together with Christ, seek the things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God." ( Col. 3:1)

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy has regenerated us unto a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." (1 Pet. 1:3)

Fragrant calamus typifies the resurrection power of Christ being sweet to our walk with Christ. It is fragrant, meaning subjectively effective and sweet to experience.

The last ingredient spice cassia was used in ancient times to repel snakes and insects. The cassia therefore speaks of the power of Christ's resurrection to repel evil "insects" and the old serpent, the Devil.

" To know Him and the power of His resurrection ..." (Phil 3:10)

The four finest spices were compounded into the hin of olive oil.
    The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ was compounded into the eternal Spirit.

This was so that God could dispense into our beings the Lord Jesus with his attainments and obtainments made applicable to us for the eternal purpose of God. God can anoint into man the eternal Spirit of God and the God-man Jesus with all His accomplishments for us to apply.

And when Christ was glorified in resurrection this Spirit was YET. And "the last Adam became life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45) .
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '16 04:46
    Originally posted by sonship
    I stand corrected. I did discuss something of this previously.

Thanks.
    You really should consider starting a blog.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 May '16 05:00
    There is great significance to the compound ointment in [b]Exodus 30. The epistle of First John speaks of the anointing. It surely hails back to the holy compound ointment of Exodus 30.

The holy anointing oil was a COMPOUND of olive oil and four spices. This compound was a type of the Spirit of Jesus Christ. This completed com ...[text shortened]... ients.

Both the ingredients AND the measurements thereof are significant.

Cont. below.[/b]
    Man I think you are reaching here making something of nothing.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 May '16 05:17
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Man I think you are reaching here making something of nothing.
    Everything sonship preaches is interwoven with an exegesis which according to him, proves the trinity teaching. His whole somewhat self-anointed ministry seems to be aligned around this principle and is of course also infected with the teaching of eternal suffering. Therefore to those Christians who reject the trinity teaching and the eternal suffering teaching, sonships 'epistles' become meaningless self-indulgences.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '16 12:301 edit
    So I suppose KellyJay and Divegeester have bailed out.
    One scratching his head wondering what's the big deal.
    The other still miffed that Trinity is mentioned and eternal suffering lurks somewhere nearby.

But for any other readers interested for me to continue a bit more, i do have some more to share about the significance of the type of the anointing oil in Exodus 20.

First let me give credit to where it is due. I learned these matters from Witness Lee over the course of many years of receiving his ministry. I did not come up with this kind of explanation.

Having said that, I would hasten to add, the teaching has become very useful and experiencial to us in the local churches. We seek to experience Christ in all of these rich aspects as "the bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ" (Phil. 1:19)

So much is included in the Spirit of Jesus Christ. He is bountiful and supplying - supplying everything the church needs for the fulfilling of God's eternal purpose.

If some of you just cannot hear these things, I understand. There is no need to oppose them I think. And if they are not useful to you now, some day they may be useful.

The writer of the book of Hebrews said he had many more things to say about the furniture of the tabernacle, but the hearers were dull of hearing. I feel similarly here at times.

" ... we have much to say that is also difficult to interpret since you have become dull of hearing." (see Heb. 5:11)

Some, do not become dull of hearing. Be as Bereans to see if these things in the Scripture could be true.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 May '16 12:501 edit
    So I suppose KellyJay and Divegeester have bailed out.
    One scratching his head wondering what's the big deal.
    The other still miffed that [b]Trinity
    is mentioned and eternal suffering lurks somewhere nearby.

But for any other readers interested for me to continue a bit more, i do have some more to share about the significance of the type of the anoi ...[text shortened]... not become dull of hearing. Be as Bereans to see if these things in the Scripture could be true.[/b]
    I believe in the Trinity, but I have to tell you that what you are saying is just to complex.
    I believe God has kept things quite simple for us, you need a magic decoder ring to follow
    along with what you say. I do believe the Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, are one and the same,
    and when Jesus was glorified He fore told us that the Holy Spirit was going to come and
    He did and is still coming into our lives as people turn to God. So I think something quite
    simple has been made into something beyond ... I don't even have a word.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '16 14:581 edit
    Divegeester,

This is short from Jews for Jesus on the shema

Jews have the shema, Do Christians believe in three gods ?

Jews4Jesus address the shema of Deut. 6:4-9

http://jewsforjesus.org/answers/theology/godofabraham
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '16 14:593 edits
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '16 00:48
    Divegeester,

This is short from Jews for Jesus on the shema

[b] Jews have the shema, Do Christians believe in three gods ?

Jews4Jesus address the shema of Deut. 6:4-9

http://jewsforjesus.org/answers/theology/godofabraham[/b]
    "Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God is ONE." Lots of times this is mentioned in the Bible.

Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God is THREE. Never mentioned in the Bible. At all. Not once. Ever.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '16 00:501 edit
    If some of you just cannot hear these things, I understand.
    Have you any idea of how pompous you sound.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '16 08:572 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God is ONE." Lots of times this is mentioned in the Bible.

Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God is THREE. Never mentioned in the Bible. At all. Not once. Ever.
    Unclear on the concept, are you? I think not, even though you try to take the stupid side of the argument with this comment. Some things you've said in this forum seem to testify that you are not at all far from believing in a Triune God yourself. It's just that you call all three parts of the Triune God by one name: Jesus. If you believe that Jesus embodies all of the attributes of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, then yes, you believe in a Trinity, a Triune God. You just call this Triune God Jesus. It's the only difference I see. It's almost as if you think there is some cachet involved in not believing in a Trinity, and so you say you don't. But down "where the rubber meets the road", you do.

At least this is how I see it. I could be wrong, but I'm just going on things you've said in this forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree