1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '18 21:37
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Can ideology be elevated, good?
    As far as whether ideology is elevated, I suppose that depends on its prior state and how truth is applied (or misapplied) to it.

Did you not understand this part of my post?
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 May '18 21:38
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Yes. Look in the mirror for who it is.
    I'm stupid but honest. You?
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 May '18 21:39
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Can ideology be elevated, good?
    Swimming at the hole.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 May '18 21:40
    Nitpick much?
    Registered: You call Biblical justification of persecution a nit. It’ funny to see the Bible being treated with more gravitas by a nonbeliever than by a supposed believer.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 May '18 21:492 edits
    Question: "Who was Lilith / Lillith? Does the Bible say anything about Adam having another wife before Eve?"

Answer: There are legends that Adam had a wife before Eve who was named Lilith, but this is not found in the Bible. ...
    What part of the fact that people picked and chose from the scrolls to build the bible you read confuses you?

Of course the stuff that particular group didn't like, well, didn't make the cut.

Everything that they cut out has as much legitimacy as what they decided to accept. I understand this is news for you.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '18 21:52
    Originally posted by @apathist
    What part of the fact that people picked and chose from the scrolls to build the bible you read confuses you?

Of course the stuff that particular group didn't like, well, didn't make the cut.
    I’ve posted the criteria by which writings were accepted or rejected for the Bible at least three times and I’ve only been here three months.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '18 21:53
    Originally posted by @js357
    Registered: You call Biblical justification of persecution a nit. It’ funny to see the Bible being treated with more gravitas by a nonbeliever than by a supposed believer.
    You think atheists and non-Christians will be persecuted?
  8. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    25 May '18 21:54
    Curious that you so casually gloss over what happened in the Councils and why certain claims were rejected.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 May '18 21:55
    I’ve posted the criteria by which writings were accepted or rejected for the Bible at least three times and I’ve only been here three months.
    Am guessing you don't do good work. I keep hearing you are strong and right, if I listen to you, but poof!
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 May '18 21:57
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Curious that you so casually gloss over what happened in the Councils and why certain claims were rejected.
    Think about it. A bunch of stuff found with what is now our bible was rejected. Who did this and why? If the part some council approved was the word of god, then why not the rest?
  11. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    25 May '18 22:08
    Think about it. A bunch of stuff found with what is now our bible was rejected. Who did this and why? If the part some council approved was the word of god, then why not the rest?
    Thanks for confirming. You simply glossed over the process. It wasn't just willy-nilly, whatever so-and-so agreed with.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 May '18 22:21
    You think atheists and non-Christians will be persecuted?
    Not where I live.
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    26 May '18 00:33
    Say it again. Truth is worth repeating. Yeah?
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    26 May '18 00:411 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Thanks for confirming. You simply glossed over the process. It wasn't just willy-nilly, whatever so-and-so agreed with.
    My side is science-driven. Your side is faith driven. That is an honest disagreement, until I pretend I come from faith or you pretend you have logical reason.

I went over your head there, sorry.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 02:06
    I'm stupid but honest. You?
    Smart and honest. And modest. I’m smart, but I don’t tell people that unless they ask. And then, since I’m honest, I’m forced to tell the truth and say I’m smart.

Though I’d add that being smart is relative. Compared to physicists, I’m a moron. Compared to atheists on RHP, I’m Einstein.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree