1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 02:07
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Say it again. Truth is worth repeating. Yeah?
    It’s worth repeating but only when people are listening. Otherwise, it’s a waste of time.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    26 May '18 02:22
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Smart and honest. And modest. I’m smart, but I don’t tell people that unless they ask. And then, since I’m honest, I’m forced to tell the truth and say I’m smart.

Though I’d add that being smart is relative. Compared to physicists, I’m a moron. Compared to atheists on RHP, I’m Einstein.
    I'm just smart enough to know I'm dumb. You? Well, judging by your chess play, I guess you're entitled to claim it. You didn't need to say compared to physicists you're a moron. I bet if you spent as much time as most any of them studying their chosen field, you'd be right up there with 'em.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 02:27
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I'm just smart enough to know I'm dumb. You? Well, judging by your chess play, I guess you're entitled to claim it. You didn't need to say compared to physicists you're a moron. I bet if you spent as much time as most any of them studying their chosen field, you'd be right up there with 'em.
    It’s all relative. There are areas people are smart in and areas people are dumb in. And there are people who are smart when compared to one group of people but idiots when compared to another group of people.

Pride and God do not co-exist.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '18 06:47
    Ouch, you really kicked Romans in the nether regions.

I do though agree with him that God and pride cannot coexist. (Which means, bearing in mind he is positively bursting with pride, that God must indeed be fictional).
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    26 May '18 08:56
    ...Well, judging by your chess play, I guess you're entitled to claim it. ...
    That was just mean.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    26 May '18 09:03
    It’s all relative. There are areas people are smart in and areas people are dumb in. And there are people who are smart when compared to one group of people but idiots when compared to another group of people.

Pride and God do not co-exist.
    I don't know your conclusion here is warranted, But I think you aren't completely stupid.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 10:32
    You think atheists and non-Christians will be persecuted?
    I think that ominous warning has been used to justify much persecution here on earth.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:16
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Ouch, you really kicked Romans in the nether regions.

I do though agree with him that God and pride cannot coexist. (Which means, bearing in mind he is positively bursting with pride, that God must indeed be fictional).
    You mistake defending oneself against trolls as being prideful?

And it’s interesting that you equate the actions of an individual with whether or not God exists. To say that’s faulty reasoning is quite an understatement.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:16
    Originally posted by @js357
    I think that ominous warning has been used to justify much persecution here on earth.
    Do you think Christians are persecuted on earth?
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:14
    Do you think Christians are persecuted on earth?
    Every religious group has suffered persecution somewhere, sometime, along the way, or avoided it by getting government protection, at a price.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:31
    Every religious group has suffered persecution somewhere, sometime, along the way, or avoided it by getting government protection, at a price.
    What about currently or in the last few years? By and large, are Christians persecuted or the persecutors?
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:46
    Originally posted by @apathist
    That was just mean.
    Yes, belittling chess players on rhp is a low blow.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:55
    Yes, belittling chess players on rhp is a low blow.
    Agreed, though rather amusingly he directed the comment at Romans in error. 😵

Freudian slip perhaps?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '18 17:42
    Don't disappoint us sir by denigrating a person based on their chess ability. Romans went that route and never found his way back to civilization.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 17:591 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Don't disappoint us sir by denigrating a person based on their chess ability. Romans went that route and never found his way back to civilization.
    I made one quip about tiger not using a duplicate account on here to improve his chess rating and you claim that belittled him? You’re really off your game today, Heartpence. Did Miss Alawat call you a “crazy nutjob” again? I know how much that enrages you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree