1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 15:565 edits
    When sonship recently laid a whole heap of petty insults in my direction, from Leper to person with alcohol on his breath, was that an example of 'him', as a Christian, walking the high path? And where were you then to challenge his insults? (And if your defence is that you didn't see them, how about for parity's sake, condemning them now? )

Correct me of I am misrepresenting the matter.

I recall my remark about a fowl smelling diseased person was something along this line:

Some people here boast when someone does not continue to engage them in discussion. They often fancy that it is because of their great intellectual arguments and superior reasoning that suddenly exchanges have ceased coming.

What I said was an analogy. If people avoid someone coming down the street towards them, the avoided one may think it is because of his superior intellectual arguments.

What I said was maybe its not that but because you have germs of some contagious disease or the foul smell of alcohol on your breath.

Someone took it real personally.

The analogy while crude, was a way of me saying -
    " Don't be so quick to assume your brilliance of intellect is why suddenly people are avoiding you. Maybe it is something else unpleasant about you which is not so flattering."

Sorry if anyone got their feelings hurt.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 16:141 edit
    @sonship said
    When sonship recently laid a whole heap of petty insults in my direction, from Leper to person with alcohol on his breath, was that an example of 'him', as a Christian, walking the high path? And where were you then to challenge his insults? (And if your defence is that you didn't see them, how about for parity's sake, condemning them now? )

Correct me of ...[text shortened]... se unpleasant about you which is not so flattering."

No sonship, you are incorrect.

To me 'directly' you posted a string of insults that referred to me 'directly' as a leper and a person with alcohol on their breath and who smelt bad. You then removed the post and then offered a half apology to me 'directly.' (You said you were 'probably' wrong in your language).

The comments were made fairly recently so you are either lying in your above post or genuinely have issues with your memory.

I suspect you will come to regret creating this thread.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 16:15
    @sonship said
    Someone took it real personally.
    "Someone"?

You don't recall who it was?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 16:17
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The comments were made fairly recently so you are either lying in your above post or genuinely have issues with your memory.

He certainly seems to be dissembling.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 16:26
    @sonship said
    I recall my remark about a fowl smelling diseased person was something along this line:
    Foul.

Unless you were referring to chickens.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 16:352 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I don't plan to spend a lot of time on this.
    Put up a link TO the thread in which you read the comments.

People can decide for themselves.

Will you be terribly disappointed if I do not "regret" putting this thread up?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 16:37
    @HandyAndy

I recall my remark about a foul smelling diseased person was something along this line:

The other day I wrote "idle" when I meant "ideal".
    Caught it too late though.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 16:38
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I didn't plan to spend a lot of time on this.
    Put up a link TO the thread in which you read the comments.

People can decide for themselves.

Will you be terribly disappointed if I do not "regret" putting this thread up?
    Wasn't the string of insults removed?

How is Ghost of a Duke supposed to link to it?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 17:04
    Gosh.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 17:27
    @sonship said

Correct me of ...[text shortened]... se unpleasant about you which is not so flattering."

Ever considered Anger Management courses?
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 17:33
    @fmf said
    Wasn't the string of insults removed?

How is Ghost of a Duke supposed to link to it?
    Although he removed the offending post, I guess I could dig up the thread where he gave the half apology. (Why would he have apologized if he hadn't made the insult? )

As I said, I fear he will come to regret creating this thread. Not only does it highlight the insults he has made it also highlights his dishonesty in denying having made them.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 17:35
    The comments were not removed by me.
    I don't remember which discussion they appeared in.

I remember making them in response to somebody bragging that they hadn't seen me engage them for as long as they thought they should be engaged.

We have here on this Forum some clock and timer watchers who put great significance in people deciding to do something else for awhile or just stop talking for awhile.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 17:52
    @sonship said
    The comments were not removed by me.
    I don't remember which discussion they appeared in.

I remember making them in response to somebody bragging that they hadn't seen me engage them for as long as they thought they should be engaged.

We have here on this Forum some clock and timer watchers who put great significance in people deciding to do something else for awhile or just stop talking for awhile.
    You edited out the post not long after making it. Do you genuinely not recall making the apology to me directly?! You used the word 'probably' which I said made your apology empty.....No memory at all?

Dive created a thread shortly after entitled 'What help you received from sonship’s posts?' (27 Oct '18 08:01) in which the OP was:

'As sonship had the last version of this thread removed to cover the shame of his post to Ghost of a Duke, and bearing in mind his thread attack on FMF remains in play, then I thought this thread should be returned.'

Your apology for the post came at the end of October if anyone is motivated to locate it.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 18:15
    @sonship

This might sting a little sonship:

Thread - @Sonship
    27 Oct '18 05:51
    I and several others saw what you said to Ghost of a Duke a few hours ago.

You are wise to have had the thread removed, but you cannot remove what you said.

27 Oct '18 07:25
    @divegeester said
    I predict sonship will go awol for a while as he hopes the disgrace of what he said to Ghost of a Duke was limited to only a few observers who he can palm off with his usual walls-of-waffle.

Ghost of a Duke
    27 Oct '18 12:55

I may not be here when he returns, bearing in mind my spiritual leprosy, bad body odor, and drunken breath.

😵

Sonship
    27 Oct '18 13:55
    And how long are you guys going to gloat over this?

(The thread is still there to read in all its glory).
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 18:46
    Sonship
    27 Oct '18 13:55
    And how long are you guys going to gloat over this?
    Until the fowl come home to roost.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree